Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What's it going to take to cancel Dareus contract ??

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: What's it going to take to cancel Dareus contract ??

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    At the risk of sounding immodest...Yes. Yes it is.
    LardFat.

2. Post thanked by:

Mace (08-23-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,214 Times in 3,683 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    This is great.

Last season Wrecks sucked because 'Mario mailed it in...get rid of him'.
    This season he's going to suck because 'Dareus is a lost cause', 'Karlos has serious issues' and 'We didn't know Shaq was really hurt'...'Get rid of them'.
    Can't wait for next season when he sucks because 'Sammy is a china doll', 'Tyrod got hurt again', and 'McCoy and Clay are overpaid'...'Get rid of all of them'.

By Year #4 after jettisoning every last piece of talent and getting rid of all of the excuses, the team should be primed to tank and really suck ass so we can be in a position to draft the next Jamarcus Russell or Ryan Leaf.
    How talented are they if we keep on failing ?? It's nice to see some results but let's be honest, paying a player without any recourse on the contract was insanity. The player had synthetic weed issues with reckless driving charges pending, so maybe the red flags needed to be on fire instead of just waving I guess.

We need a little luck with Taylor for him to stay healthy, it will cover up some of the issues but not all of them. Not every winning team is perfect but doing some logical things to protect ourselves would be a great start.
    Last edited by Skooby; 08-23-2016 at 02:09 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

but pretending that our stars are the issue and not the supporting cast around them is the same mistake they've made for the 16 years of futility. at somepoint they have to assess their top talent well and get viable backups that fit their scheme. this russ Brandon, sign the big name approach has not worked. but as long has he pulls all the strings and everyone but him gets fired, we'll have the same issues as always.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus View Post
    but pretending that our stars are the issue and not the supporting cast around them is the same mistake they've made for the 16 years of futility. at somepoint they have to assess their top talent well and get viable backups that fit their scheme. this russ Brandon, sign the big name approach has not worked. but as long has he pulls all the strings and everyone but him gets fired, we'll have the same issues as always.
    Like Pegula said, it's 1 year of missing the playoffs now not 16 years to him. How's that strike you ? Business as usual, prepare for something good and watch the wheels fall off. This year is looking bleak already and between Dareus / injuries, the hits just keep coming. Wait until you see the injury list from today's practice, it's nauseating.
    Last edited by Skooby; 08-23-2016 at 02:17 PM.

6. Post thanked by:

trapezeus (08-24-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
    Like Pegula said, it's 1 year of missing the playoffs now not 16 years to him. How's that strike you ?
    That strikes me as a guy who won't bear the blame for what he's not responsible for.

How does that strike you?

8. Post thanked by:

BertSquirtgum (08-24-2016),Mace (08-23-2016),Skooby (08-23-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    That strikes me as a guy who won't bear the blame for what he's not responsible for.

Strikes me as a guy that's willing to watch the team flop around a while longer, which obviously raises the odds we miss the playoffs.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Strikes me as a guy that's willing to watch the team flop around a while longer, which obviously raises the odds we miss the playoffs.
    Even though he's spent about the most money he's allowed too?

Or do you feel like he should hold himself responsible for, say, the year 2004?

Use some common sense. Put things in context. He bought a business. You understand that, right.

11. Post thanked by:

Mace (08-23-2016),Skooby (08-23-2016)

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,863 Times in 4,339 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post

Right there with ya. Good thing we didn't draft Patrick Peterson!
    Or AJ Green or JJ Watt or Julio Jones or Andy Dalton or Tyron Smith.

13. Post thanked by:

Skooby (08-23-2016)

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,468 Times in 9,174 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

There's probably something to be said for him taking the franchise history on his shoulders though as well. He doesn't need to gnash his teeth and weep, but it would really kind of comforting to know he feels the cumulative pain of his fan base.

SpikedLemonade

Just wanted a few suggestions, maybe an indefinite suspension ?? He won't be back for long playing games like he does, so what is it going to take??

Could we just nuke the whole state of Alabama?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
    Could we just nuke the whole state of Alabama?
    Brutal.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    There's probably something to be said for him taking the franchise history on his shoulders though as well. He doesn't need to gnash his teeth and weep, but it would really kind of comforting to know he feels the cumulative pain of his fan base.
    What makes you think that he doesn't feel the cumulative pain of the fan base? After all, he's a Bills fan too...that's not a recent development.

Think about it from the reverse angle. What if the Bills had been vastly successful over the past 16 years, winning say 5 Super Bowls and consistently making the playoffs? Then enter the new guy, who immediate takes credit for that in any way. I bet the general reaction from fans would be "who the hell does this guy think he is?" He would have had nothing to do with that winning stretch either, and he would have to prove his worth in the exact same way as he does in the real situation he's in, wouldn't he? The answer is yes. There would be no real difference.

He's the new guy, pure and simple. Whether the Bills won or lost before his arrival is not something he had any control over...not any more than you or me. That's just common sense, which sometimes is not all that common...
    Last edited by feldspar; 08-24-2016 at 06:20 AM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Pegula bought a NFL lemon and needs to make lemonade for every fan, trying to slice it any other way is silly talk.

19. Post thanked by:

trapezeus (08-24-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Pegula bought a NFL lemon and needs to make lemonade for every fan, trying to slice it any other way is silly talk.

Pegula needs to do what any other owner needs to do.

This ain't rocket science, pal.

The guy has way more money than he could realistically even spend. He didn't buy this team for ****s and giggles. You can't convince me that he's not trying to win...that's all that matters.

What do do your half-assed sources say about it?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Pegula needs to do what any other owner needs to do.

This ain't rocket science, pal.

The guy has way more money than he could realistically even spend. He didn't buy this team for ****s and giggles. You can't convince me that he's not trying to win...that's all that matters.

What do do your half-assed sources say about it?
    I never implied he isn't trying to win but spinning 16 years of team futility in even making the playoffs as not his problem is complete BS. You buy a broken bike and say it's not my fault it doesn't ride doesn't work, fix the spokes and the wheels might turn.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I never implied he isn't trying to win but spinning 16 years of team futility in even making the playoffs as not his problem is complete BS. You buy a broken bike and say it's not my fault it doesn't ride doesn't work, fix the spokes and the wheels might turn.
    Ok, so he bought broken bike, let's say. Did he break the bike? No, he just now owns the broken bike.

Of ****ing course he's bought the broken bike with the idea of fixing it.

His problem is making the bike work. Whatever ******* broke the bike in the first place is an entirely different story altogether.

Sometimes I think you are mentally deficient there, Scoobs.

The Bills not making the playoffs for 16 years is more pressure to fix the bike right quick. That's a problem he has, but the problem is not his fault. Common sense, pilgrim.

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,009 Times in 4,235 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The best part of all of this? The people who piss and moan that Rex doesn't have control of the players, it's all his fault for how they act off the field, etc. But, when someone suggests that they actually do something about it, or they actually do do something (See Karlos), they piss and moan that they are getting rid of all the talent.

You can't have it both ways. If you want to win at all costs, and don't care if the Bills are a bunch of brainless thugs, that's fine. Buyer beware. Don't effing complain when they get 10090 penalties a game, and you see them in the media doing stupid things like stunt racing, getting into bar fights with off duty police, and failing to show up for multiple drug tests.

24. Post thanked by:

Skooby (08-24-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

feldspar, I get your point and it is accurate. pegula shouldn't be blamed what proceeded him. but he has kept russ Brandon heavily involved in operations. and this title shift to the sabres is somewhat meaningless since Brandon was at the signing of rex who at this point looks like a coach who doesn't understand anything about what made him fail in NY.

The flip point which also exists is that pegula bought a team that has failed for 16 years. and his phrasing that it's one year of failure presents such poor optics to the fans. the pegulas need to manage the fans a little better than that. and I agree it will be thankless as the team flounders. and they are getting some backlash because they are seemingly making the same mistake they made with the sabres.

they let the same fools who failed before his tenure, spend some money and see if they could make it better. but the fans didn't want that. they saw darcy as incapable and we had to waste a few years on that experiment. now we are wasting a few years saying that we have a new regime with rex, when its really the same old show it ever was with russ being his right hand man.

So I agree with your point and I think the pegulas are allowed to view it as 1 year since that's all they've had to deal with. but they have to know they have an incredibly frustrated fanbase and they have to manage their long term vision with the short term realities of having a team that still failing.

26. Post thanked by:

Skooby (08-24-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus View Post
    feldspar, I get your point and it is accurate. pegula shouldn't be blamed what proceeded him. but he has kept russ Brandon heavily involved in operations. and this title shift to the sabres is somewhat meaningless since Brandon was at the signing of rex who at this point looks like a coach who doesn't understand anything about what made him fail in NY.

The flip point which also exists is that pegula bought a team that has failed for 16 years. and his phrasing that it's one year of failure presents such poor optics to the fans. the pegulas need to manage the fans a little better than that. and I agree it will be thankless as the team flounders. and they are getting some backlash because they are seemingly making the same mistake they made with the sabres.

they let the same fools who failed before his tenure, spend some money and see if they could make it better. but the fans didn't want that. they saw darcy as incapable and we had to waste a few years on that experiment. now we are wasting a few years saying that we have a new regime with rex, when its really the same old show it ever was with russ being his right hand man.

So I agree with your point and I think the pegulas are allowed to view it as 1 year since that's all they've had to deal with. but they have to know they have an incredibly frustrated fanbase and they have to manage their long term vision with the short term realities of having a team that still failing.
    I'm looking at it from the millions of fans not a Billionaire making excuses, welcome to democracy.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

You're acting like a petulant little kid. No one owes you anything