What's it going to take to cancel Dareus contract ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ginger Vitis
    • Feb 2009

Re: What's it going to take to cancel Dareus contract ??

Dareus situation is easy to psychoanalyze... If you know his story with the tragedy and losses in his life he is both sad and angry and doesn't care hence all his discipline issues and as MMD claims recklessly spending his money... Id go as far to say he probably doesn't care if he lives.....

The Bills FO in 2011 should they have realized dareus life situation and seen and projected how he would have these ongoing issues? Maybe

It bugged me that Tom Donahoe didnt realize that Mike Williams was lazy and didn't love football or didn't determine this during the interview and whole draft process..... I wonder over the last 10 to 15 years if the Biils FO just didnt work hard enough finding out about players life situations and personality traits or if they didn't have the resources to do so

The story of the cornerback they just drafted in the 6th round Seymour? Whaley claimed Kelvin Fisher the director of College Scouting did tons of work on him pouring over game film and asking USC coaches questions and trying to figure out why his physical gifts weren't equalling his production on the field.. It was this story that made me think maybe the Bills organizationally had turned the corner and were improved in that kind of thing compared to when Ralph Wilson owned the team

Comment

• Turf
      • Jul 2002

How do we know its him. How do we know it was last night. How do we know he was drinking or taking drugs. I mean before we bury the guy, and he should be if this is true, I think that has to be proven.
      Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
        Making Spirits Bright
        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
        I appreciate the information and am happy you are giving it to us.
        I'm on the other side of the fence on this. If you're not going to tell enough to understand what's happening, I'd rather you not tell us anything at all. The only reason I can think for someone to say "Well something is going to happen but I can't tell you what" is if they want attention. I'd don't see any other point to it.

Comment

• X-Era
          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
          • Feb 2005

It's not going to happen. The rehab is a bonus. It won't affect his play at all since he's out for the first 4 games anyways. If anything he'll clean up his act for good.

I'm glad he's a Bill. He's going to be a Bill for a long time.

Comment

• X-Era
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
            Dareus was out clubbing at Encore last night. What a freaking moron.

Please terminate his contract now, and send him packing. Set a precedent.
            Do we know he was drinking? Do we know when he checks into rehab? Is there anything preventing players from going out at night?

He walked off the field before a game and declared he was entering rehab. It's Monday. The Bills haven't practiced since the game. If he's not in rehab and missing practices then I'd be more concerned. Even then he isn't playing until week 5.

He said he was going to rehab. He didn't say when. And we don't know that he's missed any team activities without the Bills blessing.
            Last edited by X-Era; 08-22-2016, 02:03 PM.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
              Skoobasaurus-Rex
              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
              Do we know he was drinking? Do we know when he checks into rehab? Is there anything preventing players from going out at night?

He walked off the field before a game and declared he was entering rehab. It's Monday. The Bills haven't practiced since the game. If he's not in rehab and missing practices then I'd be more concerned. Even then he isn't playing until week 5.

He said he was going to rehab. He didn't say when. And we don't know that he's missed any team activities without the Bills blessing.
              What sane person celebrates going to rehab or being suspended ?? It's not a contrite one who understands that their actions have become to detrimental to the team, what kind of example is he setting for everyone else ?? Highest paid player, acting the most childish. Worst possible scenario, really embarrassing the team as well as himself.

Maybe we should give him $200 Million in Duffs certificates as a bonus, all guaranteed for life / does that make sense ?? What a waste.

Comment

• X-Era
                • Feb 2005

Way too harsh. I mean at worst we don't get to see on of the best Bills players help us try to win the first four football games.

Why do we act like it's one of our kids? It's was stupid move on his part. He's taking action.

Do we know if it's even an in-patient rehab? There's out-patient too.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                  Skoobasaurus-Rex
                  • Oct 2011

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
                  Way too harsh. I mean at worst we don't get to see on of the best Bills players help us try to win the first four football games.

Why do we act like it's one of our kids? It's was stupid move on his part. He's taking action.

Do we know if it's even an in-patient rehab? There's out-patient too.
                  It's incredibly stupid when you've been suspended for being stupid, so there's a negative pattern forming here. Sorry to be so rough but I'm hearing nothing but bad things so far, lesson has not been learned (like at all).

Comment

• Night Train
                    Retired - On Several Levels
                    • Jul 2005

Another 5-6 in season, cut Dareus, we suck....

Take some Xanax and a break from this place. We aren't your shrink.
                    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                      If he's not able to play, there will be relief at some point if he's not getting paid.
                      Here's the CBA...

...if you can find any applicable language other than what I've already pointed out, please feel free to do so.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                        Skoobasaurus-Rex
                        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                        Here's the CBA...

...if you can find any applicable language other than what I've already pointed out, please feel free to do so.
                        I'm looking, believe me.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

HIPAA won't allow it, all I can say is Dareus' recent actions is part of a much bigger problem. The dude is running wild with his money, think Albert Haynesworth but with a more addictive personality (not in a positive way).

He actually gained weight in camp, LOL. What a freaking joke.
                          That would be good if HIPAA actually applied to you. Just like it doesn't apply to reporters who break injury and treatment information all the time.

What's the next excuse for the innuendo without any facts?
                          COMING SOON...
                          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                            Skoobasaurus-Rex
                            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                            That would be good if HIPAA actually applied to you. Just like it doesn't apply to reporters who break injury and treatment information all the time.

What's the next excuse for the innuendo without any facts?

Depends on my source now doesn't it ? So obviously it's medically related and if found out, could be a detriment. Dareus is a complete mess, like physically & mentally. He's really lost his way, like skipped the test so he could have a extra month off to play around and then comeback to his huge paycheck mess. Think Albert Haynesworth but seriously more messed up. These pictures of him going to "rehab" are a complete joke to him, you'll be hearing about it soon. Dareus had a plan, it worked and now he gets to play even more during the regular season while his teammates wait for him to return. I wouldn't count on or trust that guy, like at all.

One other quick note even though not as obvious, the Bills cut Karlos for more than being out of shape. Like way more and he's been passed over by 31 other teams for a good reason. Karlos from last season would of been a starter or second string back on about 1/3 of the NFL teams, maybe half. So what happened ??
                            Last edited by Skooby; 08-22-2016, 06:30 PM.

Comment

• feldspar
                              • Mar 2007

I wouldn't count on or trust that guy, like at all.
                              I know the feeling, Sherlock.

Comment

• Goobylal
                                • Jan 2004

So you're implying Dareus has bipolar disorder? Sorry but you don't go to "rehab" for that one MMD. You also don't go there for pot. The "rehab" is to get his suspension reduced by a game, like Bell did and got. `

And unless he was seen toking it up when he was out on the town, it means little. It's not like he had to enter rehab immediately or he was going to die.

Comment

Working...
                                X