What's it going to take to cancel Dareus contract ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • feldspar
    • Mar 2007

Re: What's it going to take to cancel Dareus contract ??

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
    I never implied he isn't trying to win but spinning 16 years of team futility in even making the playoffs as not his problem is complete BS. You buy a broken bike and say it's not my fault it doesn't ride doesn't work, fix the spokes and the wheels might turn.
    Ok, so he bought broken bike, let's say. Did he break the bike? No, he just now owns the broken bike.

Of ****ing course he's bought the broken bike with the idea of fixing it.

His problem is making the bike work. Whatever ******* broke the bike in the first place is an entirely different story altogether.

Sometimes I think you are mentally deficient there, Scoobs.

The Bills not making the playoffs for 16 years is more pressure to fix the bike right quick. That's a problem he has, but the problem is not his fault. Common sense, pilgrim.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
      • Mar 2004

The best part of all of this? The people who piss and moan that Rex doesn't have control of the players, it's all his fault for how they act off the field, etc. But, when someone suggests that they actually do something about it, or they actually do do something (See Karlos), they piss and moan that they are getting rid of all the talent.

You can't have it both ways. If you want to win at all costs, and don't care if the Bills are a bunch of brainless thugs, that's fine. Buyer beware. Don't effing complain when they get 10090 penalties a game, and you see them in the media doing stupid things like stunt racing, getting into bar fights with off duty police, and failing to show up for multiple drug tests.

Comment

• trapezeus
        Legendary Zoner
        • Oct 2004

feldspar, I get your point and it is accurate. pegula shouldn't be blamed what proceeded him. but he has kept russ Brandon heavily involved in operations. and this title shift to the sabres is somewhat meaningless since Brandon was at the signing of rex who at this point looks like a coach who doesn't understand anything about what made him fail in NY.

The flip point which also exists is that pegula bought a team that has failed for 16 years. and his phrasing that it's one year of failure presents such poor optics to the fans. the pegulas need to manage the fans a little better than that. and I agree it will be thankless as the team flounders. and they are getting some backlash because they are seemingly making the same mistake they made with the sabres.

they let the same fools who failed before his tenure, spend some money and see if they could make it better. but the fans didn't want that. they saw darcy as incapable and we had to waste a few years on that experiment. now we are wasting a few years saying that we have a new regime with rex, when its really the same old show it ever was with russ being his right hand man.

So I agree with your point and I think the pegulas are allowed to view it as 1 year since that's all they've had to deal with. but they have to know they have an incredibly frustrated fanbase and they have to manage their long term vision with the short term realities of having a team that still failing.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
          Skoobasaurus-Rex
          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
          feldspar, I get your point and it is accurate. pegula shouldn't be blamed what proceeded him. but he has kept russ Brandon heavily involved in operations. and this title shift to the sabres is somewhat meaningless since Brandon was at the signing of rex who at this point looks like a coach who doesn't understand anything about what made him fail in NY.

The flip point which also exists is that pegula bought a team that has failed for 16 years. and his phrasing that it's one year of failure presents such poor optics to the fans. the pegulas need to manage the fans a little better than that. and I agree it will be thankless as the team flounders. and they are getting some backlash because they are seemingly making the same mistake they made with the sabres.

they let the same fools who failed before his tenure, spend some money and see if they could make it better. but the fans didn't want that. they saw darcy as incapable and we had to waste a few years on that experiment. now we are wasting a few years saying that we have a new regime with rex, when its really the same old show it ever was with russ being his right hand man.

So I agree with your point and I think the pegulas are allowed to view it as 1 year since that's all they've had to deal with. but they have to know they have an incredibly frustrated fanbase and they have to manage their long term vision with the short term realities of having a team that still failing.
          I'm looking at it from the millions of fans not a Billionaire making excuses, welcome to democracy.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
            • May 2009

Pegula bought a NFL lemon and needs to make lemonade for every fan, trying to slice it any other way is silly talk.
            You're acting like a petulant little kid. No one owes you anything

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
              Skoobasaurus-Rex
              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by BertSquirtgum View Post
              You're acting like a petulant little kid. No one owes you anything
              The people of Buffalo have been waiting generations for a winner, we're a joke right now and it's time to break the negative pattern.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                Skoobasaurus-Rex
                • Oct 2011

The people of Buffalo have been waiting generations for a winner, we're a joke right now and it's time to break the negative pattern.
                We are a national joke now, it's getting worse.

Comment

• Turf
                  • Jul 2002

All we need now is for Dareus to lie on his back during the anthem staring at the sky smoking a weed. That's about where we are as a franchise.
                  Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                    Skoobasaurus-Rex
                    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                    If you have some info then come out with it, otherwise this game of innuendo is a little ridiculous.

There has been no indication that he is not able to play once his suspension has been served.
                    The info I got landed, he's not able to play since his suspension has been served.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                      Skoobasaurus-Rex
                      • Oct 2011

Dareus never went to rehab, just to be clear as well. It was reported, so it's out there.

Comment

• Frenchman
                        June and Summertime!
                        • Apr 2012

OK Mitch thanks for that update on Dareus!
                        ​Ready for Summertime Fun!

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                          Skoobasaurus-Rex
                          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
                          A poster on another bills website claimed he had people who live in Tallahassee tell him things about Karlos that made his skin crawl... SO whatever your sources are telling you are quite likely true
                          Karlos is on another team now as well.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                            Skoobasaurus-Rex
                            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Frenchman View Post
                            OK Mitch thanks for that update on Dareus!
                            Hey anytime, just thought I'd follow up on the grief I got and the information about him never making it to Rehab. He hasn't made any attempt to help himself as well, nor did they expect him to be anywhere near game shape when he got back. Lo and behold, we are paying him to try and get in shape. The team was hoping for the long shot to come in, him taking care of himself. Part of taking care of himself is getting help for himself and focusing on being ready to play, so much for that.

He isn't setting any good examples for the younger guys or taking any type of leaderships role, being like one failed test over the next 3 years from a year suspension.
                            Last edited by Skooby; 10-13-2016, 10:26 PM.

Comment

• Ed
                              • Sep 2002

The info I got landed, he's not able to play since his suspension has been served.
                              So back in August you knew that he'd injure his hamstring in October, or are you implying that his injury is fake? Is this as reliable as your info about the league making sure the Bills go 0-16 this year?

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                                Skoobasaurus-Rex
                                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                So back in August you knew that he'd injure his hamstring in October, or are you implying that his injury is fake? Is this as reliable as your info about the league making sure the Bills go 0-16 this year?
                                The hamstring is a cover story for Dareus being out of shape, period. They knew he skipped rehab and he'd come back fat / making excuses, calling out hamstring issues (really unverifiable) for being out of game shape. I was asked about how I knew and specifically about why he wouldn't be able to play right after his suspension ended, it's Dareus lack of commitment in life and career.

They gave him a huge payday without recourse, so the left the door open for him to walk right through. The speeding / reckless driving / admitted synthetic pot smoking / life of the party after being suspended.

See picture below to tell me this is a contrite athlete ready to focus, then rethink your response.
                                Last edited by Skooby; 10-13-2016, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X