Bosa /Chargers aren't coming together, their best offer is being pulled of the table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • k-oneputt
    • Jun 2009

Re: Bosa /Chargers aren't coming together, their best offer is being pulled of the ta

Shaq's hurt.
    I haven't heard about this 8/8 deadline, please continue

Comment

• Mace
      Haha...yeah you think so ?
      • Mar 2013

Re: Bosa /Chargers aren't coming together, their best offer is being pulled of the ta

Originally posted by k-oneputt View Post
      Shaq's hurt.
      I haven't heard about this 8/8 deadline, please continue
      Even if the Chargers wanted to trade Bosa, they can't. The Aug. 9 deadline to trade a drafted, unsigned rookie passed already.

Down at the bottom (5. So what's next ?)

Also : http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-bosa-in-2016/
      Last edited by Mace; 08-24-2016, 07:27 PM.

Comment

• k-oneputt
        • Jun 2009

Thank-you. That ends that scenario.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
          Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
          OK cool, I haven't vetted the idea. Thanks.
          You can say that about 95% of the threads you start.

Comment

• stuckincincy
            Buffalo Bills Fan
            • Sep 2003

Here's Joey insuring he'd be tossed out of the Fiesta Bowl with this low-speed helmet spear after ND's Jaylon Smith got injured:

Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Mace
              • Mar 2013

It still really looks to me like all Bosa did was make sure he gets less money. Chargers pulled their offer and mean to offer him less now (for games he won't play), and if he goes back into the draft he won't be going 3rd again after sitting out a year.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Not completely, they could still do a sign and trade deal. I just have no idea how you structure it with the bonuses to ensure the Chargers wouldn't be left with dead cap money from the trade.
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Mace
                  • Mar 2013

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                  Not completely, they could still do a sign and trade deal. I just have no idea how you structure it with the bonuses to ensure the Chargers wouldn't be left with dead cap money from the trade.
                  From what I understand, you can't.

Another possible outcome, though it is very unlikely, would be a sign-and-trade scenario. The Chargers could sign Bosa and then trade him to another team, but San Diego would take a huge cap hit in terms of dead money, so it's unlikely the Chargers would pursue this option considering they would just end up paying Bosa to play for a different team.
                  Bosa and the Chargers can’t seem to reach an agreement, and there are a few potential outcomes to this situation.

Comment

• Mace
                    • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                    Had a cat on my arm. Signing bonus is guaranteed, you can't trade dead cap. It would cost the Chargers 17 million in dead cap.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Yea with the way that the NFL pro-rates bonuses it would be nearly impossible unless he "waives" the signing bonus and gets it in Year 2 as a roster bonus. And I'm not even sure they can do that but he'd basically have to waive all bonuses and any other cap hits (outside of salary) until he's officially with his new team.
                      COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Had a cat on my arm. Signing bonus is guaranteed, you can't trade dead cap. It would cost the Chargers 17 million in dead cap.
                        I didn't know the CBA guaranteed a Signing Bonus slot as well. Seems odd.
                        COMING SOON...

Comment

• Turf
                          • Jul 2002

I don't understand all the terms of this ****. But it seems to me there is a cap on what they can offer. They reached it. WTF else does he want? The guy is a tool in the order of Vesey right now.
                          Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Mace
                            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                            I didn't know the CBA guaranteed a Signing Bonus slot as well. Seems odd.
                            He can't waive anything for signing bonus. From what I understand it's predetermined based on percentage of cap by draft slot in the first 4 rounds.

Again, this is from what I understand in looking it up.

As for salaries, the vast majority of drafted players have four years of non-guaranteed minimum salaries, accompanied by a signing bonus that’s not negotiated by the agent, but predetermined by the CBA.
                            "Vast majority" I believe is first 4 rounds.

Gone are the days of $40 million contracts being handed out to unproven players. When the NFL and NFLPA reworked the CBA three years ago, rookies lost leverage and the result has been first-year players hitting the field faster
                            Last edited by Mace; 08-24-2016, 09:40 PM.

Comment

• X-Era
                              What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Ingtar33 View Post
                              the chargers aren't the only team that uses offsets in their rookie contract language (most teams do, it's something that was allowed with the rookie pay cap); they are one of a handful of teams that do it with their "other" contracts though. everyone knows they do. it's just what you have to live with when you deal with the chargers.

it's not just the chargers, nearly every single rookie who signed this year has offset language in their deal.

It's obviously collusion the way nfl clubs are using it. but while I would be all over the team if it was anyone else for collusion, the chargers have been using offset language or a form of it in every single contract signed since the last labor deal. Its their way of doing business.
                              If only one team does it I'm missing the collusion basis.

The other way to view this is that allthe other teams aren't having this problem under the same CBA...

It doesn't seem that hard to me. The contract is pretty much known. It's a cheap rate compared to pre-rookie-salary-cap days so what is the problem.

I can't back the Chargers at all here. If they are getting the guy they think they have based on the pick they spent on him they get a steal.

Comment

• Mace
                                • Mar 2013

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
                                I can't back the Chargers at all here. If they are getting the guy they think they have based on the pick they spent on him they get a steal.
                                I really don't get this. He gets the same guaranteed money through the life of the deal, but wants to either (no offset) double dip if he's that terrible to get cut in 4 years (before option), or wants more of the money he'll get anyway (I read somewhere it's like 1.5 mil diff) from the Chargers.

It's the same money. It's guaranteed.
                                Last edited by Mace; 08-24-2016, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X