Bosa /Chargers aren't coming together, their best offer is being pulled of the table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: Bosa /Chargers aren't coming together, their best offer is being pulled of the ta

Good for Bosa, he held strong and Chargers caved because they knew they were in the wrong.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Mace
      Haha...yeah you think so ?
      • Mar 2013

Re: Bosa /Chargers aren't coming together, their best offer is being pulled of the ta

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
      Good for Bosa, he held strong and Chargers caved because they knew they were in the wrong.
      I still don't get why because it's the exact same guaranteed money over term, but probably time to forget about it until it happens to us.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
        Skoobasaurus-Rex
        • Oct 2011

SD laid down to get it done, the tough talk didn't work:

SD hasn't drafted in the top 3 in a long time and it was way before this new system was in place, still this didn't need to go that far.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
          Making Spirits Bright
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Mace View Post
          I still don't get why because it's the exact same guaranteed money over term, but probably time to forget about it until it happens to us.
          If he's going to be smart and invest the money, it would be best for him to get it all up front so his money could start earning him more money instead of just letting it sit in Spanos' pocket. I think that's really the only difference.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
            Skoobasaurus-Rex
            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
            If he's going to be smart and invest the money, it would be best for him to get it all up front so his money could start earning him more money instead of just letting it sit in Spanos' pocket. I think that's really the only difference.
            Pretty valid point and it's in his bank already so odds of something going wrong are not that high.

Comment

• Mace
              Haha...yeah you think so ?
              • Mar 2013

Honestly, it would be smarter to learn how to invest the money and play the tax bracket game with less tax hit per year. The sheer volume of guaranteed money is hardly relevant unless he thinks his financial management team will be smarter this year than they will be next year, in which case he chose the wrong financial management team.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                Making Spirits Bright
                • Mar 2006

Honestly, it would be smarter to learn how to invest the money and play the tax bracket game with less tax hit per year. The sheer volume of guaranteed money is hardly relevant unless he thinks his financial management team will be smarter this year than they will be next year, in which case he chose the wrong financial management team.
                Can he play the tax bracket game? Isn't he going to be in the highest tax bracket pretty much no matter how they divide his salary? Admittedly, I don't really know what the tax bracket game is. Just that if you earn over $415k, you're in the highest one.

Maybe he just wants all that money so he can snort it up his nose faster. A lot of people do that, too.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                  Skoobasaurus-Rex
                  • Oct 2011

Can he play the tax bracket game? Isn't he going to be in the highest tax bracket pretty much no matter how they divide his salary? Admittedly, I don't really know what the tax bracket game is. Just that if you earn over $415k, you're in the highest one.

Maybe he just wants all that money so he can snort it up his nose faster. A lot of people do that, too.
                  A team is less likely to recover money after paying it versus it already being paid as it's already guaranteed. He's already in the highest tax bracket either way, don't you worry about that.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Despite many of the lies that SD put out, Bosa's camp was always consistent. Either they wanted all the money up front (doesn't really matter why) or no offset language. They got what they asked for and signed the deal.
                    COMING SOON...
                    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
                      • Nov 2007

as much as we used to ***** about ralph being cheap, it seems that he was a saint compared to mike brown or the spanos'
                      I came.
                      I saw.
                      I conquered.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                        It's the exact opposite, SD caved. SD has had holdouts for all their stars at one time or another, they are very difficult to work with and have been.
                        Bosa gave some too. It's not all paid up front and there is still offset language. Bosa got 85% of the bonus up front and some give on roster bonus qualification.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                          Skoobasaurus-Rex
                          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Bill Cody View Post
                          Bosa gave some too. It's not all paid up front and there is still offset language. Bosa got 85% of the bonus up front and some give on roster bonus qualification.
                          Good point.

Comment

Working...
                          X