Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: My opinion on why the Bills will go 1-15 or maybe 0-16

Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 512 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: My opinion on why the Bills will go 1-15 or maybe 0-16

I am far from the Ultimate homer I used to be but 5 or 6 wins?

Logic would say that they virtually have the same team from the 8-8 squad from last year.

But with a more seasoned and confident QB.

With that said Dareus suspension and a tough schedule leads me back to 7-9, 8-8 range. 4 or 5 wins? WHAT?

2. Post thanked by:

Jan Reimers (09-02-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 26,300 Times in 13,730 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

First, the Bills aren't good this year but they aren't 1 win bad. I could see 4-12 if we have some key injuries and blow a win a winnable game or two, but even that seems unlikely.

Second, while I agree that the league makes a lot of decisions that favor big markets over small ones, it doesn't nearly reach the level of black-balling an individual team. And even if we were blackballed, they wouldn't have to keep us to 1 win. Anything 8-8 or less would accomplish the goal. An 8-8 team that's still technically in it til the last quarter of the season is more profitable than a team that never had a chance from game 1.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 512 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    First, the Bills aren't good this year but they aren't 1 win bad. I could see 4-12 if we have some key injuries and blow a win a winnable game or two, but even that seems unlikely.

Second, while I agree that the league makes a lot of decisions that favor big markets over small ones, it doesn't nearly reach the level of black-balling an individual team. And even if we were blackballed, they wouldn't have to keep us to 1 win. Anything 8-8 or less would accomplish the goal. An 8-8 team that's still technically in it til the last quarter of the season is more profitable than a team that never had a chance from game 1.
    Ok yes if Tyrod and Sammy get hurt 4 wins maybe but I never want to predict on that happening

Thanks
    Thanked 5,946 Times in 3,498 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
    There's nothing good with Roger, the league didn't want to keep a team in Buffalo. They begged Ralph for some games out of the country to get people prepped, over-paying by a fortune for the rights to the Toronto series. You guys have no clue how much the NFL wants other country TV money, Billions more at stake yearly. Pegula shelved those plans, lots of sour grapes left. Believe what you want, it's totally real.

If we do make the playoffs, it's not going to be due to officiating in our favor.
    Why would you spend a good % of your time following a rigged league? Just asking

Thanks
    Thanked 5,220 Times in 3,689 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cody View Post
    Why would you spend a good % of your time following a rigged league? Just asking
    Pining for my home team, it's in my blood for better or worse. Why would you ?

7. Post thanked by:

DynaPaul (09-03-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,137 Times in 574 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Mediocrity to perpetuity. As usual we'll be a couple of games off the post season or a top pick. The Buffalo formula. Not bad enough to get an impact pick but not good enough to play the big games in January. Good enough though for Russ Brandon to sell us smoke, false hope and fill out those seats for 2017 !! ... the one thing that matters to him.

9. Post thanked by:

Skooby (08-29-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Victor7 View Post
    Mediocrity to perpetuity. As usual we'll be a couple of games off the post season or a top pick. The Buffalo formula. Not bad enough to get an impact pick but not good enough to play the big games in January. Good enough though for Russ Brandon to sell us smoke, false hope and fill out those seats for 2017 !! ... the one thing that matters to him.
    When we got an early pick, we drafted Mike Williams #4. Oops.

11. Post thanked by:

Victor7 (08-30-2016)

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by THATHURMANATOR View Post
    I am far from the Ultimate homer I used to be but 5 or 6 wins?

Logic would say that they virtually have the same team from the 8-8 squad from last year.

But with a more seasoned and confident QB.

With that said Dareus suspension and a tough schedule leads me back to 7-9, 8-8 range. 4 or 5 wins? WHAT?
    We have a much tougher schedule this year. I think that's mostly why I've lowered my expectations. We had one of the easiest schedules in the league last year, with the NFC East and AFC South. Those were probably the 2 worst divisions in the NFL and we played both of them. This year we play the AFC North and NFC West, big difference.

2015 Schedule (2015 Record) 2016 Schedule (2015 Record)
    Bengals (12-4) Cardinals (13-3)
    Chiefs (11-5) Bengals (12-4)
    Texans (9-7) Seahawks (10-6)
    Redskins (9-7) Steelers (10-6)
    Colts (8-8) Raiders (7-9)
    Eagles (7-9) Rams (7-9)
    Giants (6-10) Ravens (5-11)
    Jaguars (5-11) 49ers (5-11)
    Cowboys (4-12) Jaguars (5-11)
    Titans (3-13) Browns (3-13)

Plus, it's up to you if you think the Jets, Dolphins, and Patriots improved or got worse this offseason.

13. Post thanked by:

Skooby (08-29-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
    We have a much tougher schedule this year. I think that's mostly why I've lowered my expectations. We had one of the easiest schedules in the league last year, with the NFC East and AFC South. Those were probably the 2 worst divisions in the NFL and we played both of them. This year we play the AFC North and NFC West, big difference.

2015 Schedule (2015 Record) 2016 Schedule (2015 Record)
    Bengals (12-4) Cardinals (13-3)
    Chiefs (11-5) Bengals (12-4)
    Texans (9-7) Seahawks (10-6)
    Redskins (9-7) Steelers (10-6)
    Colts (8-8) Raiders (7-9)
    Eagles (7-9) Rams (7-9)
    Giants (6-10) Ravens (5-11)
    Jaguars (5-11) 49ers (5-11)
    Cowboys (4-12) Jaguars (5-11)
    Titans (3-13) Browns (3-13)

Plus, it's up to you if you think the Jets, Dolphins, and Patriots improved or got worse this offseason.
    The Seahags will probably injure just about every starting able body we have available right now.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,096 Times in 3,575 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Sounds like another bet to me.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

If my theory didn't put the fear of God into you, our lack of obvious depth should. The team has the refs against us and is 1-2 major injuries from being terrible.

I hope for nothing more than us to stay healthy, 2nd string is obviously not an option.
    Last edited by Skooby; 09-01-2016 at 10:54 PM.

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
    If my theory didn't put the fear of God into you, our lack of obvious depth should. The team has the refs against us and is 1-2 major injuries from being terrible.

I hope for nothing more than us to stay healthy, 2nd string is obviously not an option.
    What a train wreck. When I started the GDT today, I mentioned how poor DET was - I watched CIN play them and yeah that team has decent depth, but when the benches got emptied, DET showed zip against the CIN scrubs. That DET's Jr. Varsity slapped 31 -0 on BUF is shameful. As well as BUF using this last game to evaluate back-up RBs and TE when they should have been trying to figure out the WR keeps and figure out who to hang onto in the OL re pass protection.

BUF lifted their leg on what's supposed to be a learning game WRT to the coming final cuts. IMO.

Their staff is FUBAR. I have the game replay set to record. Maybe I'll see some of the players roll their eyes or shake their heads.
    Last edited by stuckincincy; 09-01-2016 at 11:54 PM.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

18. Post thanked by:

Skooby (09-02-2016)

Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres. Jan Reimers's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,626 Times in 705 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Victor7 View Post
    Filling the seats should matter to Brandon. It's his job. And he does a good job of it, despite the mediocre efforts of Whaley and Ryan, whose job it is to field a winning team. Don't blame Brandon for the inadequacies of the Bills' alleged football people.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

20. Post thanked by:

Mr. Pink (09-02-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,484 Times in 1,481 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by stuckincincy View Post
    What a train wreck. When I started the GDT today, I mentioned how poor DET was - I watched CIN play them and yeah that team has decent depth, but when the benches got emptied, DET showed zip against the CIN scrubs. That DET's Jr. Varsity slapped 31 -0 on BUF is shameful. As well as BUF using this last game to evaluate back-up RBs and TE when they should have been trying to figure out the WR keeps and figure out who to hang onto in the OL re pass protection.

BUF lifted their leg on what's supposed to be a learning game WRT to the coming final cuts. IMO.

Their staff is FUBAR. I have the game replay set to record. Maybe I'll see some of the players roll their eyes or shake their heads.
    There was zero game planning or effort from the coaching staff. They purposely put them in bad situations to see what they had. I mean opening drive wishbone? I'm not worried about it.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

22. Post thanked by:

Goobylal (09-03-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Turf View Post
    There was zero game planning or effort from the coaching staff. They purposely put them in bad situations to see what they had. I mean opening drive wishbone? I'm not worried about it.
    The old standby, zero game planning. There's also zero depth and zero room for errors at this level. We've been out of the playoffs 16 years, so how about zero excuses and zero BS from Rex. Call it straight and take credit when it's due, not a moment before.

"Winning the off-season" ?? It's more like hanging on to hope by our finger nails while biting most of them off.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Reimers View Post
    Don't blame Brandon for the inadequacies of the Bills' alleged football people.
    ???? Brandon has had an integral hand in the hires of staff. He recommended Ryan to the Pegulas, for just one example. Why shouldn't he share in any blame of their failings?

The biggest issue with Brandon - he hasn't been kept isolated enough from operation decisions.

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
    per play average than the Bills' offense!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

This board and the very strange one it branched off from vie for most negative.
    Ah well, have fun with that. I don't think previous year records are sufficient to gauge how difficult the schedule will actually turn out to be.
    I think the Bills may do much better than the consensus here thinks. Strangely, I enjoy rooting for my team and am hopeful when possible.
    If they turn out bad, good thing the meaning and value of life is not dependent on how a football team plays.

26. Post thanked by:

feldspar (09-03-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,096 Times in 3,575 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Yes, the season's over because the Bills took the last pre-season game for the joke it is. As Turf intimated, all you need to know is they ran the freaking wishbone! And hate to break it to you, but no team has good depth all over, or even most units.

As for the league wanting the Bills to go 1-15 or 0-16 the team will move to Toronto, that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. The team won't be leaving Buffalo in Kim Pegula's lifetime, and she's in her late 40's. The team is bought and paid for and all expenses are more than covered by revenue sharing.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,436 Times in 925 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

They let us win just enough games to keep the fans interested but it's time they have to let us get an appearance in the playoffs.

29. Post thanked by:

Skooby (09-03-2016)

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Stop posting, MMD. You've become a parody of yourself and add nothing but bad twitter blatherings to the forum.