Looks like we are just about $7 Million under the cap, so what do we do with it ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mace
    Haha...yeah you think so ?
    • Mar 2013

Re: Looks like we are just about $7 Million under the cap, so what do we do with it ?

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
    This is what I was wondering about. I don't think there's any sort of injury clause that forces the Bills to pick up Manuel's 5th year option. That would be pure madness.
    Frankly Fo Sho, it smarts that I fell for the old "make him look up his own inaccuracy" trick. You bested me this time.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
      Making Spirits Bright
      • Mar 2006

Re: Looks like we are just about $7 Million under the cap, so what do we do with it ?

Originally posted by Mace View Post
      Frankly Fo Sho, it smarts that I fell for the old "make him look up his own inaccuracy" trick. You bested me this time.
      And don't you forget it.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
        • Mar 2013

Pay Ed Hochuli the money!

Comment

• GingerP
          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
          This is what I was wondering about. I don't think there's any sort of injury clause that forces the Bills to pick up Manuel's 5th year option. That would be pure madness.
          The 5th year option is part of the rookie contract for all 1st round picks. It is a standard clause for all teams. The deadline for picking it up was May 5th, 2016. Any player from the 2013 1st round that didn't have the option picked up by May 5th is a free agent after this year. Even if Manuel gets hurt, the 5th year of his deal is already voided.

Comment

• Mace
            Haha...yeah you think so ?
            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by GingerP View Post
            The 5th year option is part of the rookie contract for all 1st round picks. It is a standard clause for all teams. The deadline for picking it up was May 5th, 2016. Any player from the 2013 1st round that didn't have the option picked up by May 5th is a free agent after this year. Even if Manuel gets hurt, the 5th year of his deal is already voided.
            I wish I'd have said that in less words.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
              Skoobasaurus-Rex
              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Mace View Post
              I wish I'd have said that in less words.
              Teams have an option for a fifth year with first-round picks. The window for exercising options starts after a player's third regular season in the NFL ends. The deadline to pick up the option year (which the Bills didn't do) for EJ Manuel was May 5, 2016, which was the day after the conclusion of the 2016 NFL draft.

Comment

• Shady25
                • Feb 2015

2.5 for Kruger. 2.5 for Coples 1.2 for Randle.
                All on prove it deals is an effective 6.2 spent.
                I bet we we see more from them then Harvin.
                Also all that money would be available for Gilmore still next year.
                WILL NOT REMOVE THIS UNTIL SHADY IS SUPERBOWL MVP!!!
                ROCHESTER KNIGHTHAWKS '12 '13 '14 CHAMPIONS

Comment

Working...
                X