• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ingtar33
    Dances With Buffaloes
    • Sep 2002

Re: If I'm reading this right, Sammy is condoning Kaep's behavior

an nfl player sitting down during the national anthem in front of 70k people and 20 tv cameras is not a private protest. (they line up on the sideline for the anthem)

It will stick out pretty obviously.
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ingtar33 View Post
      an nfl player sitting down during the national anthem in front of 70k people and 20 tv cameras is not a private protest. (they line up on the sideline for the anthem)

It will stick out pretty obviously.
      I'm pretty sure he said that he had been doing it all pre-season without a word to anybody and then some site verified it.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Ingtar33
        Dances With Buffaloes
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
        I'm pretty sure he said that he had been doing it all pre-season without a word to anybody and then some site verified it.
        he was in the luxury boxes, he wasn't on the sideline for those games.

again, i'd be willing to listen to his point if he had one. he can't even enunciate what he's protesting, which makes him look like a fool in my eyes.
        My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

again, i'd be willing to listen to his point if he had one. he can't even enunciate what he's protesting, which makes him look like a fool in my eyes.
          Ok...and?

Are we really boiling down this discussion down to the fact that you don't like that he doesn't speak with enough enunciation? Really? If that's all you're left clinging to then you don't really have a point.
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• feldspar
            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
            Then why is he talking ?
            He was probably asked. After all, this is big news across the football league. It's gone viral. I guess that's the world we live in. It's annoying to me.

All I hear Watkins saying is that Kaepernick has a right to stand up for what he believes in. He's right about that.

Comment

• gebobs
              One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
              • Sep 2003

The song was written by Francis Scott Key after he saw the flag was still flying. He wrote it inspired by brave Americans fighting for our freedoms, like the ability to sit on the bench and pout.
              It's a national, anthem. It's not a Department of Defense anthem. Sorry, but if people in or associated with the military are offended, that's their problem. What he's doing has nothing to do with them regardless of the loose connection between the military and the anthem's lyrics (which by the way is a metaphor for liberty and freedom and not to be taken so literally).

A Gold star Mom was on TV last night and she said when they handed her a flag for her Son that gave his life, it held a higher meaning to her. People should respect that and honor those who serve.
              So when people decide to protest, should they check with the local VFW and Gold Star Moms to see what's not going to offend them? Who else should they check with or is it just the military that gets this exalted reverence?
              Last edited by gebobs; 08-30-2016, 10:41 AM.
              Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                Skoobasaurus-Rex
                • Oct 2011

He is a mumbling fool, completely clueless. Whoever gave this guy $114 Million contract needs to be hung.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                  Skoobasaurus-Rex
                  • Oct 2011

Originally posted by gebobs View Post
                  It's a national, anthem. It's not a Department of Defense anthem.Sorry, but if people in or associated with the military are offended, that's their problem. What he's doing has nothing to do with them regardless of the loose connection between the military and the anthem's lyrics.

So when people decide to protest, should they check with the local VFW and Gold Star Moms to see what's not going to offend them? Who else should they check with or is it just the military that gets this exalted reverence?
                  So that's what you took from everything I said ?? Really ?? Why do they put the huge flag out and sing the anthem ?? Is it to play a game before the game or honor those who have sacrificed ?? Get over yourself man, get a clue.

Comment

• gebobs
                    • Sep 2003

So that's what you took from everything I said ?? Really ??
                    Indeed. That is just what you said.

Why do they put the huge flag out and sing the anthem ?? Is it to play a game before the game or honor those who have sacrificed ??
                    Obviously, I don't necessarily agree with either point of view. Personally, it's an expression of national unity.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                      Skoobasaurus-Rex
                      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by gebobs View Post
                      Indeed. That is just what you said.

Obviously, I don't necessarily agree with either point of view. Personally, it's an expression of national unity.
                      Is the ISIS flag a social movement ?

Comment

• Novacane
                        • Jul 2002

So if he gets cut should we bring him in?

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                          Peterman Sucks!
                          • Mar 2006

The song was written by Francis Scott Key after he saw the flag was still flying. He wrote it inspired by brave Americans fighting for our freedoms, like the ability to sit on the bench and pout.

The Star Spangled Banner Lyrics and meaning for kids. Francis Scott Lee, the Battle of Baltimore and the Star Spangled Banner Lyrics. Fort Henry and the Star Spangled Banner Lyrics meanings for kids, children, homework and schools.

A Gold star Mom was on TV last night and she said when they handed her a flag for her Son that gave his life, it held a higher meaning to her. People should respect that and honor those who serve.
                          And it's sung to the music of an English drinking song.

Seriously about the topic, I don't know why anyone gives a crap that Kaep sat during the anthem. He wasn't the first and he certainly won't be the last.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Shady25 View Post
                            Sammy is saying he could care less.
                            how much less?

Comment

• gebobs
                              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                              Seriously about the topic, I don't know why anyone gives a crap that Kaep sat during the anthem. He wasn't the first and he certainly won't be the last.
                              I agree. I don't really care why he's doing it. And if people want to disagree or are offended by it for whatever reason, that's their opinion. I just want to remind people that this is constitutionally protected free speech, just as their criticism is. But calling for him to leave the country is a bit beyond the pale, Mr. Trump.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                                • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                                And it's sung to the music of an English drinking song.

I wonder if people realize that the Star Spangled Banner has 4 versus, of which everyone only knows the first. And the third verse mentions slaves. And that Francis Scott Key was a slave owner and staunch supporter of slavery. At least that is what the article I read said. I knew it was only verse one and don't know the other versus. Verified that the third verse mentions slaves.

Comment

Working...
                                X