48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

18 37.50%
  • No

21 43.75%
  • Shut up you stupid Canadian

9 18.75%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pure Hypothetical Question: Would you trade Tyrod if a team came calling?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,157 Times in 749 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Pure Hypothetical Question: Would you trade Tyrod if a team came calling?

I would trade him to Cleveland or San Fran for their 2017 1st rd.pick, two teams I am positive will be picking in the top-5 next year.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,946 Times in 3,498 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I voted yes

If Taylor turns out to be a franchise QB I'll be delighted to admit I was wrong. It's possible he is, he's pretty good. But if I was betting I'd say no. I also don't believe in Rex. For those 2 reasons it would not be that hard of a call to me. EJ can get us the 5-7 wins we're likely getting anyway. Think of it this way, if we go 7-9 with tyrod we then have this no win choice on the QB and the coach. I'd rather have the guaranteed #1 to help with what I expect to be the usual Bills rebuild, no dead cap space and some ammo to draft another QB.

Apologize in advance to all who think that's too negative. I'm not rooting for failure AT ALL, just answering the hypothetical honestly. In my mind I need to see the Bills QB in the SB. If I can't I could care less who he's better than.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cody View Post
    I'd rather have the guaranteed #1...
    How the hell are you ever going guarantee getting the #1 draft spot?

Even if you were to get that spot, it's far from a guarantee that the player you pick will even be any good in the NFL.

There are no guarantees.

One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park gebobs's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,455 Times in 3,965 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post

Even if you were to get that spot, it's far from a guarantee that the player you pick will even be any good in the NFL.

There are no guarantees.
    Our #3 a few years ago for example.
    Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,157 Times in 749 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by gebobs View Post
    Dareus.
    Let's not confuse being able to play and being a complete idiot off the field.
    When on the field he is a player that would start on every team in the NFL and go to pro bowls.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

You would venture to say that Dareus isn't any good in the NFL? I wouldn't say that...not by a longshot.

And remember, it was really between Dareus and Von Miller for that #3 pick. We'd probably take whichever of the two fell to us.

The thing is that Von Miller was suspended for SIX games because of drug tests, which is one more than Dareus. Is that what we are talking about here? Drug related suspensions?

But Von Miller AND Dareus are still two very good players, which is the most relevant point I stick with.

The point of the thread though is about QB. Tyrod is our best shot, today and going forward. This is true no matter what you learn later by hindsight.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,314 Times in 13,736 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

There are no guarantees.
    Taylor is no guarantee either. What if we turn down a trade and he sucks? If we trade him, we will need a QB. If we don't trade him and he sucks, we will need a QB but we will have to do it with 1 less first rounder and $10 million more in dead cap.

I'm not saying we should trade him- I'm just saying that's why it's worth a discussion. Taylor is not an established starter yet.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

There are no guarantees.
    I didn't mean that. The hypothical was for a #1 pick, you'd be guaranteed that return but nobody knows exactly where the pick would fall

One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park gebobs's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,455 Times in 3,965 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cody View Post
    I didn't mean that. The hypothical was for a #1 pick, you'd be guaranteed that return but nobody knows exactly where the pick would fall
    Actually, the hypothetical originally posited was for a first round pick, not a #1 overall.

But if it was possible to have traded him last summer to LA for their #1 overall, that would be a no-brainer and the Rams would have been insane to make it.

My IQ Test results came back negative BillsOwnAll's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    So, you come to a website for a team that hasn't made the playoffs in 15 years and did basically nothing to upgrade last year's 8-8 squad, and you are confused by the fact that some people are down on the team. Then you respond to posts that, by your own admission , you haven't read.

Wow, we've got a regular genius here.
    OP you come to a website and post 100 times a day about a team I don't even think you like. Try to have some positivity in your life. I don't be be blindly optimistic that the bills willl win the SB, I mean step back look at what you do with your life everyday and change it. How does someone spread such negativity day in and day out. What's the point? Do you hate yourself that much?

- - - Updated - - -

You think your opinions are gold and they are actually trash

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BillsOwnAll View Post
    OP you come to a website and post 100 times a day about a team I don't even think you like. Try to have some positivity in your life. I don't be be blindly optimistic that the bills willl win the SB, I mean step back look at what you do with your life everyday and change it. How does someone spread such negativity day in and day out. What's the point? Do you hate yourself that much?

- - - Updated - - -

You think your opinions are gold and they are actually trash
    Again, making it about me. Nothing I can say or do changes the fact that you are responding to posts without reading them. It defeats the whole purpose of a message board.

12. Post thanked by:

Yasgur's Farm (09-01-2016)

The Meathead of Muslims! ticatfan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,539 Times in 2,766 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I don't understand teams that are always chasing a QB. Stick with one and develop him.
    Political correctness ( or cancel culture as it is called today) is a doctrine fostered by a delusional ,illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by MSM which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
    Harry S Truman 1941.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,195 Times in 5,921 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ticatfan View Post
    I don't understand teams that are always chasing a QB. Stick with one and develop him.
    Like Losman?

15. Post thanked by:

swiper (09-01-2016)

My IQ Test results came back negative BillsOwnAll's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Again, making it about me. Nothing I can say or do changes the fact that you are responding to posts without reading them. It defeats the whole purpose of a message board.
    But you calling me a "genius" wasn't about me, you're so hypocritical. You just berate everyone who doesn't share your opinion. You are the all might reasoning and smartest person on this board sorry to talk down to you my majesty

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

But you calling me a "genius" wasn't about me, you're so hypocritical. You just berate everyone who doesn't share your opinion. You are the all might reasoning and smartest person on this board sorry to talk down to you my majesty
    There's no way to not make it about you when you are responding to posts that you didn't read.

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I argue with OP all the time and I've never felt like he's attacked or berated me. I've even found myself arguing with the guy while sharing the same opinion...and to be fair, you called people 'clowns' before OP called you a 'genius.'

This thread defines why this board went downhill over the years, the same clowns who complain how the bills always suck(which is true) are saying they would trade Tyrod for a pick. Unreal what goes through people's head
    It just seemed like you came into this thread trying to pick a fight, and then got upset when someone tried to give it to you.

19. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (09-01-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Actually, the hypothetical originally posited was for a first round pick, not a #1 overall.
    Right. That's what I meant

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ticatfan View Post
    It's not so easy. The best way for a QB to develop is playing but if that guy is sucking that gets coaches fired. If you have a guy that's really raw and you try to develop him in practice it may take so long you end up developing him for another team like the Ravens did with Tierod. Or the guy just doesn't have "it" and fails, happens all the time.

I like the idea of taking a raw talent and letting him sit the bench for a few years. I still think the Jets did a smart thing in drafting Bryce Petty in the 4th round. If he busts, no problem it was a 4th rounder. In the meantime no pressure to play him before he's ready and he still isn't.

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Lets ask it another way. If we traded him and basically killed all hope this year...who is this great player we will select next year with the Minny pick ? Wouldn't Taylor make them good enough to win at least 8 games ?

Why think through a plan when it's dumb on so many levels ?

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Keep him - but he ran 104 times last season... 2nd leading rusher. That aided his pass effectiveness for sure, but if he keeps it up this year it's just a matter of time before somebody gets that season-ending hit on him, by chance or by intention.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.