Pure Hypothetical Question: Would you trade Tyrod if a team came calling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stuckincincy
    Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Sep 2003

Re: Pure Hypothetical Question: Would you trade Tyrod if a team came calling?

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
    It's a choice I'm glad I wouldn't have to make in real life. If Taylor ends up sucking, the difference between trading him and not trading him means having $10 mill less in dead cap and an extra 1st rounder to find that QB. If he doesn't end up sucking, it basically means we got Favre'd.

Either way, it's completely giving up on this season, and while I don't have high hopes, these guys have been working hard all summer and deserve their best shot at winning.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• mdcas22
      the mouth of the south
      • Aug 2015

Taylor has done nothing to warrant a 1st round grade yet so I'd jump at it. Some are so desperate for a franchise QB that it only takes 20 Td's to make up there mind. He has been the best the Bills have fielded but you have to realize that we haven't had anyone here that is worth a sh it. So he looks great compared to what?

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by alohabillsfan View Post
        He was 7-6 as a first year starter, and a 20-6 TD to int ratio: y'all want to trade that for an unknown gamble on the next young QB??? SMH, what has happened on this board ?
        Why do people think Taylor himself isn't a gamble? He has one good season where he trailed off toward the end. There's no guarantee that he will improve or that he can even repeat last year's performance
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mace
          Haha...yeah you think so ?
          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
          So, you come to a website for a team that hasn't made the playoffs in 15 years and did basically nothing to upgrade last year's 8-8 squad
          We didn't have Lerentee McCaskey last year.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
            • Jun 2024

Yes

Comment

• Mr. Pink
              Peterman Sucks!
              • Mar 2006

So Tyrod is untouchable because he's better than some of the previous bums this team has tried out at QB...the Losmans, the Holcombs, the Edwards...got it.

This team went 9-7 under Kyle Orton, does that make him better than Tyrod?

Well, actually, at least Orton wasn't afraid of throwing over the middle of the field, so maybe he was.

It's humorous to me that because of how putrid the QBing this team has had overall since Kelly makes Tyrod look good to some people. He didn't look a whole lot different than Kordell Stewart did his first year starting.

Swiper put it best, Taylor looked good early in the year and as the season progressed and teams got tape on him, his play noticeable suffered. Now is that just because of being able to better gameplan him? Or the fact he was hurt? Or both? We'll find out in Week 1.

But to straight out say trading Tyrod is asinine is stupid. Almost no one in the NFL is untradeable if the price is right. And the few guys who aren't, ya know like Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers - Tyrod is nowhere near that class.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                • Jun 2024

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                Swiper put it best, Taylor looked good early in the year and as the season progressed and teams got tape on him, his play noticeable suffered. Now is that just because of being able to better gameplan him? Or the fact he was hurt? Or both? We'll find out in Week 1.
                That's right.

Belly-check will absolutely destroy Taylor this year with different game plans.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BillsOwnAll View Post
                  I'm not going to look back at everyone's posts. I come by here to see if there's any news and all I read is "bills are a 2 win team " " they will always suck they GM doesn't even ty to get better players"

The 4 clowns who said they would trade Tyrod was a figure of speech showing how crazy some people are on this board. Trading your QB who was good last year and this is his first year with a full camp as a starter is just asinine. Why is this even a thread? I'm all for debating but this is so crazy
                  Fine... I don't blame you for not wanting to check the facts. But you have a fundamental responsibility to check facts before making accusations. In this case... I've never complained that the Bills always suck. I bet you'd find that to be true of most of the 7 who voted yes.

Comment

• cookie G
                    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
                    Yes
                    You're assuming they'd use this pick on a QB. More likely, far more likely than not, they'd use it on another DB or RB, or a 5 tech defensive end.

They draft a QB in the 1st once every 10 years or so.
                    We still have another 6-7 years to go for the next Losman/EJ

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by BillsOwnAll View Post
                      I'm not going to look back at everyone's posts. I come by here to see if there's any news and all I read is "bills are a 2 win team " " they will always suck they GM doesn't even ty to get better players"

The 4 clowns who said they would trade Tyrod was a figure of speech showing how crazy some people are on this board. Trading your QB who was good last year and this is his first year with a full camp as a starter is just asinine. Why is this even a thread? I'm all for debating but this is so crazy
                      It's a thread because this is called a discussion. Grown-ups have it without reverting to calling people morons for not having the same opinion they do. You should stick to the things you are good at like eating paint chips and huffing glue.

Comment

• k-oneputt
                        • Jun 2009

I would trade him to Cleveland or San Fran for their 2017 1st rd.pick, two teams I am positive will be picking in the top-5 next year.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                          • Sep 2004

I voted yes

If Taylor turns out to be a franchise QB I'll be delighted to admit I was wrong. It's possible he is, he's pretty good. But if I was betting I'd say no. I also don't believe in Rex. For those 2 reasons it would not be that hard of a call to me. EJ can get us the 5-7 wins we're likely getting anyway. Think of it this way, if we go 7-9 with tyrod we then have this no win choice on the QB and the coach. I'd rather have the guaranteed #1 to help with what I expect to be the usual Bills rebuild, no dead cap space and some ammo to draft another QB.

Apologize in advance to all who think that's too negative. I'm not rooting for failure AT ALL, just answering the hypothetical honestly. In my mind I need to see the Bills QB in the SB. If I can't I could care less who he's better than.

Comment

• feldspar
                            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Bill Cody View Post
                            I'd rather have the guaranteed #1...
                            How the hell are you ever going guarantee getting the #1 draft spot?

Even if you were to get that spot, it's far from a guarantee that the player you pick will even be any good in the NFL.

There are no guarantees.

Comment

• gebobs
                              One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
                              How the hell are you ever going guarantee getting the #1 draft spot?

Even if you were to get that spot, it's far from a guarantee that the player you pick will even be any good in the NFL.

There are no guarantees.
                              Our #3 a few years ago for example.
                              Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• k-oneputt
                                • Jun 2009

Originally posted by gebobs View Post
                                Our #3 a few years ago for example.
                                Dareus.
                                Let's not confuse being able to play and being a complete idiot off the field.
                                When on the field he is a player that would start on every team in the NFL and go to pro bowls.

Comment

Working...
                                X