Pure Hypothetical Question: Would you trade Tyrod if a team came calling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • feldspar
    • Mar 2007

Re: Pure Hypothetical Question: Would you trade Tyrod if a team came calling?

Originally posted by gebobs View Post
    Our #3 a few years ago for example.
    You would venture to say that Dareus isn't any good in the NFL? I wouldn't say that...not by a longshot.

And remember, it was really between Dareus and Von Miller for that #3 pick. We'd probably take whichever of the two fell to us.

The thing is that Von Miller was suspended for SIX games because of drug tests, which is one more than Dareus. Is that what we are talking about here? Drug related suspensions?

But Von Miller AND Dareus are still two very good players, which is the most relevant point I stick with.

The point of the thread though is about QB. Tyrod is our best shot, today and going forward. This is true no matter what you learn later by hindsight.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
      How the hell are you ever going guarantee getting the #1 draft spot?

Even if you were to get that spot, it's far from a guarantee that the player you pick will even be any good in the NFL.

There are no guarantees.
      Taylor is no guarantee either. What if we turn down a trade and he sucks? If we trade him, we will need a QB. If we don't trade him and he sucks, we will need a QB but we will have to do it with 1 less first rounder and $10 million more in dead cap.

I'm not saying we should trade him- I'm just saying that's why it's worth a discussion. Taylor is not an established starter yet.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Bill Cody
        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
        How the hell are you ever going guarantee getting the #1 draft spot?

Even if you were to get that spot, it's far from a guarantee that the player you pick will even be any good in the NFL.

There are no guarantees.
        I didn't mean that. The hypothical was for a #1 pick, you'd be guaranteed that return but nobody knows exactly where the pick would fall

Comment

• gebobs
          One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Bill Cody View Post
          I didn't mean that. The hypothical was for a #1 pick, you'd be guaranteed that return but nobody knows exactly where the pick would fall
          Actually, the hypothetical originally posited was for a first round pick, not a #1 overall.

But if it was possible to have traded him last summer to LA for their #1 overall, that would be a no-brainer and the Rams would have been insane to make it.
          Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
            My IQ Test results came back negative
            • Oct 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
            So, you come to a website for a team that hasn't made the playoffs in 15 years and did basically nothing to upgrade last year's 8-8 squad, and you are confused by the fact that some people are down on the team. Then you respond to posts that, by your own admission , you haven't read.

Wow, we've got a regular genius here.
            OP you come to a website and post 100 times a day about a team I don't even think you like. Try to have some positivity in your life. I don't be be blindly optimistic that the bills willl win the SB, I mean step back look at what you do with your life everyday and change it. How does someone spread such negativity day in and day out. What's the point? Do you hate yourself that much?

- - - Updated - - -

You think your opinions are gold and they are actually trash

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BillsOwnAll View Post
              OP you come to a website and post 100 times a day about a team I don't even think you like. Try to have some positivity in your life. I don't be be blindly optimistic that the bills willl win the SB, I mean step back look at what you do with your life everyday and change it. How does someone spread such negativity day in and day out. What's the point? Do you hate yourself that much?

- - - Updated - - -

You think your opinions are gold and they are actually trash
              Again, making it about me. Nothing I can say or do changes the fact that you are responding to posts without reading them. It defeats the whole purpose of a message board.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ticatfan
                The Meathead of Muslims!
                • Jul 2002

I don't understand teams that are always chasing a QB. Stick with one and develop him.
                Political correctness ( or cancel culture as it is called today) is a doctrine fostered by a delusional ,illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by MSM which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
                Harry S Truman 1941.

Comment

• sukie
                  Seriously?
                  • Sep 2012

Originally posted by ticatfan View Post
                  I don't understand teams that are always chasing a QB. Stick with one and develop him.
                  Like Losman?

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
                    My IQ Test results came back negative
                    • Oct 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                    Again, making it about me. Nothing I can say or do changes the fact that you are responding to posts without reading them. It defeats the whole purpose of a message board.
                    But you calling me a "genius" wasn't about me, you're so hypocritical. You just berate everyone who doesn't share your opinion. You are the all might reasoning and smartest person on this board sorry to talk down to you my majesty

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

But you calling me a "genius" wasn't about me, you're so hypocritical. You just berate everyone who doesn't share your opinion. You are the all might reasoning and smartest person on this board sorry to talk down to you my majesty
                      There's no way to not make it about you when you are responding to posts that you didn't read.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                        Making Spirits Bright
                        • Mar 2006

I argue with OP all the time and I've never felt like he's attacked or berated me. I've even found myself arguing with the guy while sharing the same opinion...and to be fair, you called people 'clowns' before OP called you a 'genius.'

This thread defines why this board went downhill over the years, the same clowns who complain how the bills always suck(which is true) are saying they would trade Tyrod for a pick. Unreal what goes through people's head
                        It just seemed like you came into this thread trying to pick a fight, and then got upset when someone tried to give it to you.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by gebobs View Post
                          Actually, the hypothetical originally posited was for a first round pick, not a #1 overall.
                          Right. That's what I meant

Comment

• Bill Cody
                            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by ticatfan View Post
                            It's not so easy. The best way for a QB to develop is playing but if that guy is sucking that gets coaches fired. If you have a guy that's really raw and you try to develop him in practice it may take so long you end up developing him for another team like the Ravens did with Tierod. Or the guy just doesn't have "it" and fails, happens all the time.

I like the idea of taking a raw talent and letting him sit the bench for a few years. I still think the Jets did a smart thing in drafting Bryce Petty in the 4th round. If he busts, no problem it was a 4th rounder. In the meantime no pressure to play him before he's ready and he still isn't.

Comment

• Night Train
                              Retired - On Several Levels
                              • Jul 2005

Lets ask it another way. If we traded him and basically killed all hope this year...who is this great player we will select next year with the Minny pick ? Wouldn't Taylor make them good enough to win at least 8 games ?

Why think through a plan when it's dumb on so many levels ?
                              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• stuckincincy
                                Buffalo Bills Fan
                                • Sep 2003

Keep him - but he ran 104 times last season... 2nd leading rusher. That aided his pass effectiveness for sure, but if he keeps it up this year it's just a matter of time before somebody gets that season-ending hit on him, by chance or by intention.
                                Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

Working...
                                X