48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

18 37.50%
  • No

21 43.75%
  • Shut up you stupid Canadian

9 18.75%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pure Hypothetical Question: Would you trade Tyrod if a team came calling?

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,009 Times in 4,235 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Pure Hypothetical Question: Would you trade Tyrod if a team came calling?

Say you are GM of the Bills. Minnesota calls and says they'll trade you their 1st round pick in 2017 for Tyrod Taylor. Would you do it?

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Pure Hypothetical Question: Would you trade Tyrod if a team came calling?

Yes.

Don't think he's worth a first round pick, so that's my basis for the the yes.

Besides, I don't think this team is a playoff team regardless if Tyrod, EJ or Cardale is lined up behind center anyway.

We might be a 5 win football team instead of a 6 win team under Tyrod. Maybe we get lucky and hit one year of actual NFL hell and win only 2 games and get the top pick in the draft and can take DeShaun Watson or Brad Kaaya. Or we could just attempt the feel good story of drafting Chad Kelly in Round 2 or with the Vikes 1st.

3. Post thanked by:

gebobs (08-31-2016),WagonCircler (09-19-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 621 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'm gonna vote yes as well... But I think we can do better than just 1 1st round pick... Dallas will probably be looking as well.

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

No.

I hate the contract we gave him, and I'm far from sold on him as a franchise guy, but we've gone too far to just give up on him. It's still a gamble worth taking for us at this point.

I'm not convinced we'd draft anyone better anyway.

6. Post thanked by:

Mace (08-31-2016),The last buffalo fan (09-01-2016)

Without me it's just Awe so The King's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,748 Times in 1,830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

He has the right attitude and a special set of skills. QB's are a must in this league, if you don't have one protecting the ball is a must. Taylor does that at the very least.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,438 Times in 7,062 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

No. We don't know what the future holds and our team today is NOT better without him him.

While Tyrod is not a franchise qb, he's at least decent for now in a league that is starving for decent qb's.

9. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (09-01-2016)

Lecter's Little Bitch
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

We finally found a real QB (hopefully) since Kelly retired, after 20 years of purgatory, and we trade him away for a stupid ass draft pick?

Yes if the offer is Aaron Rodgers or Andrew Luck.

I like Canadians, but STFU you stupid idiot.

11. Post thanked by:

Ingtar33 (08-31-2016),Skooby (08-31-2016),The last buffalo fan (09-01-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Yeah, I'd do it...if I were the dumbest person alive.

13. Post thanked by:

Ingtar33 (08-31-2016)

One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park gebobs's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,455 Times in 3,965 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    Say you are GM of the Bills. Minnesota calls and says they'll trade you their 1st round pick in 2017 for Tyrod Taylor. Would you do it?
    With Dallas and Minnesota competing, I would dangle him for more than just one first and let the bidding start there. Whatever the market will bear and if it bears enough, I would trade Jack Eichel too.
    Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

15. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,214 Times in 3,683 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
    We finally found a real QB (hopefully) since Kelly retired, after 20 years of purgatory, and we trade him away for a stupid ass draft pick?

Yes if the offer is Aaron Rodgers or Andrew Luck.

I like Canadians, but STFU you stupid idiot.
    This. WTF is wrong with some of you sick F-s.

My IQ Test results came back negative BillsOwnAll's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

This thread defines why this board went downhill over the years, the same clowns who complain how the bills always suck(which is true) are saying they would trade Tyrod for a pick. Unreal what goes through people's head

18. Post thanked by:

Ingtar33 (08-31-2016),Skooby (08-31-2016)

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,009 Times in 4,235 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

lol BOA. I didn't say I would do it. I asked what everyone thinks. EAD you tard

20. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

You've heard of the Mendoza line? In Buffalo we should adopt the Fitzpatrick line. And as much as I hate to admit it, when healthy Taylor is just above that line. So they should keep him. I'm not voting, even though I am tempted by that last choice.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,084 Times in 5,849 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    You've heard of the Mendoza line? In Buffalo we should adopt the Fitzpatrick line. And as much as I hate to admit it, when healthy Taylor is just above that line. So they should keep him. I'm not voting, even though I am tempted by that last choice.
    I wanted an additional vote for choice "c" as well...

I do not believe there are any "untouchables" on the Bills as far as trades go... We haven't been to the playoffs in 842 years. You all think Tyrod is THAT special?

We won't make the playoffs WITH him... I would love for the Bills to entertain ANY offers.

Hell we could NOT make the playoffs with Jimmy Clausen under center... If the price is right... BOOM

23. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Thanked 26,214 Times in 13,680 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

It's a choice I'm glad I wouldn't have to make in real life. If Taylor ends up sucking, the difference between trading him and not trading him means having $10 mill less in dead cap and an extra 1st rounder to find that QB. If he doesn't end up sucking, it basically means we got Favre'd.

Either way, it's completely giving up on this season, and while I don't have high hopes, these guys have been working hard all summer and deserve their best shot at winning.

25. Post thanked by:

Boomstick (08-31-2016),The last buffalo fan (09-01-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,084 Times in 5,849 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    It's a choice I'm glad I wouldn't have to make in real life. If Taylor ends up sucking, the difference between trading him and not trading him means having $10 mill less in dead cap and an extra 1st rounder to find that QB. If he doesn't end up sucking, it basically means we got Favre'd.

Either way, it's completely giving up on this season, and while I don't have high hopes, these guys have been working hard all summer and deserve their best shot at winning.
    Winning, As in 7 games. WOO HOO

27. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (08-31-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,377 Times in 1,479 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

There is no debate --- unless you have someone you BELIEVE is better, like Brady vs Bledsoe, you NEVER trade your better QB.

Right now, Tyrod is the best QB the Bills have. End of debate.

29. Post thanked by:

Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin' Buffalogic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,801 Times in 1,034 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Foolish. No way. Watkins was expensive and now he's on the verge of being a top 5 WR in the NFL. We got a qb to compliment his skills and we got him for free.

We've given up two first round picks and got Sammy and Tyrod. Why would we trade Tyrod to get a first rounder back? It impacts the previous investment too much.

31. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 621 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BillsOwnAll View Post
    This thread defines why this board went downhill over the years, the same clowns who complain how the bills always suck(which is true) are saying they would trade Tyrod for a pick. Unreal what goes through people's head
    How about you tell us which of us 4 "clowns" that voted yes have ever complained that "the Bills always suck".

One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park gebobs's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,455 Times in 3,965 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BillsOwnAll View Post
    In my defense, I said I would trade him for the right price. No player is safe (barring any clauses restricting a trade) if the right offer is there. When Dallas traded Herschel Walker to Minnesota, Dallas was a doormat and a lot of people thought the Vikings had finally found the final piece to get the championship. A few years later, it was Dallas who hoisted the Lombardi and the Vikings were losing in the wildcard games.

34. Post thanked by:

sukie (09-01-2016),The last buffalo fan (09-01-2016)