Thread: TBN : Preseason finale - Ryan comments, final roster battles

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,494 Times in 9,189 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

TBN : Preseason finale - Ryan comments, final roster battles

I agree with Ryan, people are still trying to win roster spots. Farther down, a look at those roster spots.

"I mean, you’re going to focus on all of them," Ryan said of roster battles. "I mean, look at our safeties situation. We got some guys that can play and they all play special teams so I think that’s big. I think linebackers, great competition there. Tight ends. Really across the board, I think there’s always competition ... outside of quarterback. I mean that’s pretty well locked down."
    http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/08...e-meaningless/

My vague opinions on the positions and numbers noted by Skurski :

Safety - Ryan he's kept 5 never 6 but who knows. When the smoke clears I think Williams, Williams, Graham, Anderson are still standing. If 5, crapshoot.
    OLB - Albright, maybe Biermann if they keep an extra past Manny and Alexander.
    ILB - Brown, Brown, Spikes and Humber.
    TE - Two spots behind Clay, I'd guess Drayblockerguy and O'Leary because he was a Whaley draft pick.

I think Biermann and Randell Johnson could make it if it comes down to them vs. Albright & Humber because Whaley is full of himself, didn't draft Albright, and Humber is a Rob Ryan guy. He probably thinks he got a steal in Biermann.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: TBN : Preseason finale - Ryan comments, final roster battles

Most uninteresting preseason I can ever recall.

3. Post thanked by:

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,494 Times in 9,189 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    Most uninteresting preseason I can ever recall.
    Chuck Knox had the most uninteresting I can remember. You couldn't have a clue what was going on with much of anything, because he'd say nothing, show nothing, indicate nothing, with more absolute certainty and less revealing answers than Belichick.

When week one came, you'd have no idea what was going to happen, had only the vaguest idea who was starting, who was really injured, would find out other people were injured, some starters had lost their jobs.

The only real certainty was that the granite faced Knox was sure everything was just as he meant it to be, whether or not it worked out as intended, and he wouldn't tell you so anyway after the games, but you didn't want to be the sports reporter trying to look into his steely gaze and drive home a point.

The preseason became a guessing game way worse than now, but at least if Knox smiled he REALLY meant it. Think I remember him smiling three times, none of them football related.

5. Post thanked by:

Oaf (09-01-2016)

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Chuck Noll was his clone.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Do you read what you write? Oaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Why can't we pickup a second competent TE? If Clay misses a snap this season, we might as well go spread.