Thread: Carolina at Denver.

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,494 Times in 9,189 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Carolina at Denver.

Great opening game. Major appreciation for Wade Phillips. Major respect for Carolina's team in general, though they managed some bad clock. They're both contenders. Loved it. It's football again !

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Carolina at Denver.

DEN won 21 -20. Fig Newton ran 11 times for 54 and was 18 for 33 passing.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

The Meathead of Muslims! ticatfan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,538 Times in 2,765 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Great game to watch. Hard to get use to the smaller field and the 40sec clock, but that will change after a couple of more games. What about the time out at the end ,just before the kick was made. I always wondered if that is more like yelling during someone back swing, no honour. lol But I guess there is nothing that can be done about it.
    Political correctness ( or cancel culture as it is called today) is a doctrine fostered by a delusional ,illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by MSM which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
    Harry S Truman 1941.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

that was a better game than I thought. I thought it was going to be a sloppier affair than it was. semiean (sp?) reminds me of Trent Edwards. Good accuracy short, teams play to take away him from hurting you in big plays and he dinks and dunks when available. he's going to need to open it up in the coming weeks to show that he's good.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

That young lad was very cool and calm out there, Denver just might have a keeper.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,436 Times in 925 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Loved seeing Scam Newton getting beaten and battered again. You could tell he was afraid.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,555 Times in 17,440 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Siemian looked pretty good, from what I saw in the first half. Have to admit, I had flashbacks to Trent Edwards myself. It will be interesting to see how the rest of the season goes for him, especially once the film gets compiled and analyzed.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

8. Post thanked by:

Figster (09-09-2016)

Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!! Luisito23's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,702 Times in 969 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Thumbs up Re: Carolina at Denver.

Forgot all about this game and fell asleep early...Saw some highlights earlier and it looked like a good game.

Don't care about either team, just glad Newton didn't get the win...
    "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
    ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
    ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
    ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

10. Post thanked by:

DynaPaul (09-10-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Luisito23 View Post
    Forgot all about this game and fell asleep early...Saw some highlights earlier and it looked like a good game.

Don't care about either team, just glad Newton didn't get the win...
    I came away from the game with renewed respect for Cam.

12. Post thanked by:

Mace (09-09-2016)

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,494 Times in 9,189 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by dog14787 View Post
    I came away from the game with renewed respect for Cam.
    I came away with even more respect after his post game comments when he shrugged off the uncalled helmet to helmet hit penalties, which honestly kind of stood out no matter what you think of him.

It was surprising too he didn't miss any time from concussion protocol checks.

14. Post thanked by:

Figster (09-09-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    I came away with even more respect after his post game comments when he shrugged off the uncalled helmet to helmet hit penalties, which honestly kind of stood out no matter what you think of him.

It was surprising too he didn't miss any time from concussion protocol checks.
    The NFL pretty much outright failed in it's whole player safety mantra on that.

There were at least 3 helmet to helmet shots that were uncalled and one of them was especially blatant. Brandon Marshall literally launched himself helmet to helmet on Cam, after Cam threw the ball.

And then, even after all of those shots which were blatant and you could see Cam suffered affects from them, he was never taken off the field to be evaluated for a concussion. I'm sorry, no way, no shape, no how did he not get knocked out from at least one of those shots.

Thing is in the college game all 3 of those head shots would have gone each player ejected for targeting, maybe the NFL needs to adopt that rule and then actually enforce it plus add a fine to it equal to how much of the game is missed...ie if you get thrown out in the first quarter, your fine is 3/4 of your game check...if you get tossed out in the 4th quarter, your fine is 1/4 of your game check...to show they mean business about player safety. Might make players think twice about launching themselves like a missile into a dude's facemask like Marshall did.

16. Post thanked by:

Mace (09-10-2016),YardRat (09-10-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post

There were at least 3 helmet to helmet shots that were uncalled and one of them was especially blatant. Brandon Marshall literally launched himself helmet to helmet on Cam, after Cam threw the ball.

And then, even after all of those shots which were blatant and you could see Cam suffered affects from them, he was never taken off the field to be evaluated for a concussion. I'm sorry, no way, no shape, no how did he not get knocked out from at least one of those shots.

Thing is in the college game all 3 of those head shots would have gone each player ejected for targeting, maybe the NFL needs to adopt that rule and then actually enforce it plus add a fine to it equal to how much of the game is missed...ie if you get thrown out in the first quarter, your fine is 3/4 of your game check...if you get tossed out in the 4th quarter, your fine is 1/4 of your game check...to show they mean business about player safety. Might make players think twice about launching themselves like a missile into a dude's facemask like Marshall did.
    The problem I see here Pink is we have a huge athlete behind center that plays smash mouth football like a FB so this is not your typical QB.

Then we have athletes, many of them smaller trying to bring down the beast having to dive forward into him on bang, bang plays.

I'm sure in many instances they would love to make legal tackles , but their fool head gets in the way.

I'm also sure the Denver D tried to get helmets and shoulder pads into Cam because they openly admitted it.

Just like Cam will lower the boom on them when he gets the chance.

What comes around , goes around...

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by dog14787 View Post
    The problem I see here Pink is we have a huge athlete behind center that plays smash mouth football like a FB so this is not your typical QB.

Then we have athletes, many of them smaller trying to bring down the beast having to dive forward into him on bang, bang plays.

I'm sure in many instances they would love to make legal tackles , but their fool head gets in the way.

I'm also sure the Denver D tried to get helmets and shoulder pads into Cam because they openly admitted it.

Just like Cam will lower the boom on them when he gets the chance.

What comes around , goes around...
    I get that point. When Cam's a runner, he's a big physical dude who can impose his will against corners and safeties and to a certain extent linebackers when he has the head of steam. I can see players in the league wanting to give him his comeuppance when they have the opportunity to do so. A shoulder shot to the ribs, shoulder to the thigh to slow him down later in the game. I got no problem with either of those things, and fully think that a defense when afforded the opportunity to get a clean shot in one him to cause him some pain, so maybe he thinks twice on his next jaunt out of the pocket on initiating contact downfield.

Where I have the issue is when you see guys like Marshall launching themselves off the ground leading with their head. Darian Stewart lowering and leading his head to initiate contact with Newton's earhole. Both are about as blatant as you can get as head hunting. Both should have been flagged. And both should be facing fines come next week for them.

The worst of all of it is, how was Cam never taken off the field for any of those shots for concussion protocol?

19. Post thanked by:

Figster (09-10-2016),Mace (09-10-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I get that point. When Cam's a runner, he's a big physical dude who can impose his will against corners and safeties and to a certain extent linebackers when he has the head of steam. I can see players in the league wanting to give him his comeuppance when they have the opportunity to do so. A shoulder shot to the ribs, shoulder to the thigh to slow him down later in the game. I got no problem with either of those things, and fully think that a defense when afforded the opportunity to get a clean shot in one him to cause him some pain, so maybe he thinks twice on his next jaunt out of the pocket on initiating contact downfield.

Where I have the issue is when you see guys like Marshall launching themselves off the ground leading with their head. Darian Stewart lowering and leading his head to initiate contact with Newton's earhole. Both are about as blatant as you can get as head hunting. Both should have been flagged. And both should be facing fines come next week for them.

The worst of all of it is, how was Cam never taken off the field for any of those shots for concussion protocol?
    Gritty performance even J K would be proud of and it kinda sucks the game is lost on an errant kick.

Hate it when that happens...

21. Post thanked by:

Mace (09-10-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 30,555 Times in 17,440 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I agree with most of this, but the fine should be for an entire game check regardless of when it happens. Toward the end of the fourth quarter, in a tight, important game, some dip**** is going to think it's worth it.

My only concern is it gives somebody like Hochuli yet another opportunity to toss an important defensive player for the opposing team if they sneeze within 3 feet of Brady's head.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Should those 2 penalties cancelled out each other or did someone screw up???