Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: World Cup of Hockey

Buckle me in on the highway of sin mightysimi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,022 Times in 1,384 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: World Cup of Hockey

Torts is terrible. Not sure how much impact he had but how do you leave Phil Kessel and Bobby Ryan off the list for just like JT Miller? Then he scratches Buff? That guy is nuts. Canada had to hold on in the end though. I really hope that Russia loses to Finland today so that it sets up a team North America and Canada semi final. If the Russians win, it's Canada Russia. Europe will play Sweden in the other semi final.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Canada vs Europe for the final. Can't imagine in a million years that the NHL wanted this to happen. As I understand, they are trying to set up qualification playdowns for the next world cup in 2020. This is team Europe's only shot at it. It's a long shot though.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

What a crazy end to the world cup. Canada down 1-0 with about 3 to play when the get a PP. Bergeron scores on a beauty tip to tie it. Doughty takes a penalty with 1:50 left and Marchand wins it with a SHG with 43 Seconds left. Europe was just a few minutes away from playing in game 3. Crosby was the MVP. Babcock is the only coach to win Stanley cup, World Cup, World Championship, World Junior championship.