• Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Warning Signs

They've been everywhere.

100M Player Publicly Quits on the Coach
    Drafting Lawson (his replacement), claiming he was ready to go (despite reports)... then sending him for surgery to likely miss one half of the season.
    Karlos showing up over weight
    Dareus no showing a drug test
    Dareus goes to rehab/nightclub
    Keeping Gronk - Cutting Felton and re-signing him a week later only to cut Gronk.
    Firing the OC in Week 2

This team is massively unstable. We've been bad, we've had less talent, but we have never been this much of a disaster. The Rex regime has taken a 9-7 team and literally stripped it of any dignity. I don't possibly see how this can get better.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• jills
    • Oct 2009

Re: Warning Signs

Just clean house at the end of the season, we need a real HC & GM.

Btw love your avatar.

Comment

• bleve
      • Mar 2005

The warning signs were last January when it was announced there would be no changes, and Russ was selling us on "consistency".
      "You can't be a real country unless you have beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need beer."
      ~ Frank Zappa

Comment

• sukie
        Seriously?
        • Sep 2012

2,3,and 4 Not a Bills issue.... individual issues.

As far as the Gronk Felton thing... wasn't that to sign Felton for less?

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
          Skoobasaurus-Rex
          • Oct 2011

I warned you guys of this train wreck, it's going to get much much worse. Draft Day 2017 will be a good time.

Comment

• The King
            Without me it's just Awe so
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by sukie View Post
            2,3,and 4 Not a Bills issue.... individual issues.

As far as the Gronk Felton thing... wasn't that to sign Felton for less?
            I disagree. The Bills came right out after the Shaq pick and said he's fine, good to go. After mini-camp they changed their tune. ESPN reported the shoulder the minute we selected him.
            Karlos and Dareus are personal things sure, but IMO this has just as much to do with respect.
            I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
            "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
            You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
            It was all
            true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
            He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
            mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

The biggest warning sign was 'Bills hire Wrecks Wryan as head coach' after the '14 season.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                I warned you guys of this train wreck, it's going to get much much worse. Draft Day 2017 will be a good time.

I seriously don't know how this can get worse. Other than the physical destruction of the franchise itself
                I came.
                I saw.
                I conquered.

Comment

• coastal
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Mar 2005

Sorry... you're all missing the boat.

the biggest warning sign was when Russ Brandon was being mentioned in the same breath as ownership.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

You forgot that Rex hired his failed brother to come in and form Team Slappy.
                    COMING SOON...
                    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• gebobs
                      One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                      • Sep 2003

There are more signs to come too...I think Sammy Watkins is going to sleepwalk through the rest of his contract and move on in 2018.

This team hasn't hit rock bottom yet. I really have no idea what can be done to right it. We have three quarterbacks and the best of them is a backup at best. The other two are worthless. At this point in the season, we are clearly the worst team in the league. Even Cleveland doesn't look this bad. Heck, I'd take Josh McCown over Taylor in a heartbeat and not even care that he's got a foot in the retirement home.

There is no chance in hell the Bills exercise their option on Taylor next year. He's history.
                      Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• kishoph
                        • Jun 2003

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                        The biggest warning sign was 'Bills hire Wrecks Wryan as head coach' after the '14 season.
                        If that wasn't a big enough warning sign, this definitely should of been one.

Comment

• Jeff1220
                          H to the 12:20
                          • Jul 2002

Why not bring in Tom Coughlin to whip this sad bunch into shape?

Comment

• bf1
                            • Oct 2010

I think my pessimism hit a new low, which I didn't think was possible. I used to get angry. I think my coping mechanism is kinda quitting on them. I mentally threw in the towel.

Comment

• bf1
                              • Oct 2010

Warning sign for me was to look at what Pegula did for the Sabres. While most were excited, I had major concerns.

Comment

Working...
                              X