Re: Why Russ Brandon needs to go.

The "marketing guy" gave us Doug Marrone, was hand picked by Russ

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by BoyILuvLoznStupidly View Post
      The "marketing guy" gave us Doug Marrone, was hand picked by Russ
      What do you mean? The Russ Brandon lickers have convinced me that he is a genius marketing guy and has absolutely nothing to do with football decisions. And that he's brilliant.
      I came.
      I saw.
      I conquered.

Comment

• trapezeus
        Legendary Zoner
        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
        Somebody explain what Russ Brandon actually does...

What's his job?

He's the president. The President of the Seattle Seahawks, Peter McLoughlin, worked for Anheuser-Busch for 21 years. I don't see anyone hoisting THAT guy on their shoulders for the Seahawk's success on the field. Why? Because he's the president. See the job description.

I'm no fan of Brandon, and I'm not defending him really, because there is no need to. But he's not to blame just because he's been a part of this organization for a while, fellas. Taking that slant is just lazy thinking. If he stays or goes, it won't chance the product on the field.
        Does peter mcloughlin appear in the draft room and as one of two people with people who sign with the team. Russ is a con man and the gig is up. Apologists aren't defending him and this season is going to really get the fan base upset. We will not accept Russ Brandon as a part of buffalo sports. Full stop

Comment

• BoyILuvLoznStupidly
          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
          What do you mean? The Russ Brandon lickers have convinced me that he is a genius marketing guy and has absolutely nothing to do with football decisions. And that he's brilliant.
          I mean he has to go, I've been saying it since Sal was in his basement

Comment

• coastal
            Legendary Zoner
            • Mar 2005

Russ Brandon being gone has to be the #1 priority!

Comment

• Gibby
              • Jun 2006

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
              Huh?
              Ernie Adams, Bellicheat's director of Football Research.

Ernie Adams, New England Patriots, Wildcats, Bill Belichick, Cleveland Browns, New York Giants, Tim Warren, David Halberstam, Northwestern coach, Randy Dean, Jay Robertson

When Belichick was in Cleveland, Art Modell offered 10,000 dollars to find out exactly what Ernie Adams role was for Belichick was, and he never found out. During the spygate/signalsgate controversy that only ended with a league memo, slap on the wrist, and complete destruction of the evidence Ernie Adams' name rose to the media's attention.

So when Feldspar asked what Russ Brandon's job was, it made me think of Ernie Adams.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                Buffalo Bills Fan
                • Sep 2003

Originally posted by MST3KBillsfan View Post

Ernie Adams, New England Patriots, Wildcats, Bill Belichick, Cleveland Browns, New York Giants, Tim Warren, David Halberstam, Northwestern coach, Randy Dean, Jay Robertson

When Belichick was in Cleveland, Art Modell offered 10,000 dollars to find out exactly what Ernie Adams role was for Belichick was, and he never found out. During the spygate/signalsgate controversy that only ended with a league memo, slap on the wrist, and complete destruction of the evidence Ernie Adams' name rose to the media's attention.

So when Feldspar asked what Russ Brandon's job was, it made me think of Ernie Adams.
                Thanks, Crow!
                Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                  Escaped Convict
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BertSquirtgum View Post
                  Russ Brandon = poop

Poop just called.

Said they're offended by this comparison.

Comment

• bleve
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by MST3KBillsfan View Post

Thanks for posting this. I knew of Ernie Adams, he's RainMan of the NFL. He's counting cards in the game of NFL. The Pats have done a great job of keeping this guy out of the limelight.

Find this guy another hobby
                    "You can't be a real country unless you have beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need beer."
                    ~ Frank Zappa

Comment

• dog14787
                      • Oct 2010

Originally posted by sudzy View Post
                      There was a report that Rex was pressured by upper management to make a big move to appease angry Bills fans. That sounds like a marketing ploy. Now, I think Brandon is the best at what he does (sell mediocrity), but, when you have your marketing guy as President of your team, it makes me question what really is important to you.

This post is so spot on,

I will say this about the Pegula's, new ownership isn't afraid to get their hands dirty cleaning up a mess and judging by Romans polite departure statement it gave the impression Pegula's may have left the door open.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                        • Jun 2024

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                        Then the Pegulas are stupid billionaires.
                        He is a dumb Polack who got lucky through fracking and rode the momentum.

Managing people and managing drills/land rights are two radically different skill sets.

Pegula needs to hire Wolfe and give him the keys to the franchise.

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

I don't have a problem with a marketing guy being President (don't forget, he's also Managing Partner), the position is supposed to oversee the entire operation. As a matter of fact, if you look at the organizational chart, the executive branch is made up entirely of business people, not football people. I do have a problem, however, if the position is being used too much to be involved in decisions regarding the pure football aspects of the organization, he shouldn't be doing a job that ownership is paying others to do, and as I (and several others over the years) have stated moves like TO and Wrecks just wreak of his influence.

Jim Overdorf is the Senior Vice President of Football Operations, and has been with the team for over 20 years. I'd like to know how much input he has on the decisions regarding the football side, and if anybody's head should be put on the chopping block it would be his.

IMO if there were a definite statement, and evidence that actually supports that statement, that Brandon has zero input on football nobody would give a **** what position he holds or what his background is.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• coastal
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Mar 2005

I'm assuming part of Brandon's role is to structure the organization to run effectively.

Ask anyone in the corporate world... the last person you want in that role is someone from the marketing department.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                              Does peter mcloughlin appear in the draft room and as one of two people with people who sign with the team. Russ is a con man and the gig is up. Apologists aren't defending him and this season is going to really get the fan base upset. We will not accept Russ Brandon as a part of buffalo sports. Full stop
                              Can't speak to that one, but Rich McKay does for the Falcons and there are a number of other team presidents across the league who appear whenever the team has official business to announce or conduct.
                              COMING SOON...
                              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• coastal
                                Legendary Zoner
                                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                                I don't have a problem with a marketing guy being President (don't forget, he's also Managing Partner), the position is supposed to oversee the entire operation. As a matter of fact, if you look at the organizational chart, the executive branch is made up entirely of business people, not football people. I do have a problem, however, if the position is being used too much to be involved in decisions regarding the pure football aspects of the organization, he shouldn't be doing a job that ownership is paying others to do, and as I (and several others over the years) have stated moves like TO and Wrecks just wreak of his influence.

Jim Overdorf is the Senior Vice President of Football Operations, and has been with the team for over 20 years. I'd like to know how much input he has on the decisions regarding the football side, and if anybody's head should be put on the chopping block it would be his.

IMO if there were a definite statement, and evidence that actually supports that statement, that Brandon has zero input on football nobody would give a **** what position he holds or what his background is.
                                God awful post.

Comment

Working...
                                X