Thread: RIP Richie Dunn

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

RIP Richie Dunn

Former Sabres defeseman Richie Dunn has reportedly died.

Paul Hamilton

Buffalo, NY (WGR 550) -- Amerks play by play man Don Stevens reported Tuesday night that former Sabres defenseman Richie Dunn has died.

Dunn was 59 years old and stayed in Buffalo after retiring. Dunn refereed amateur games for years in Western New York, including many I played in.

Dunn played 483 NHL games with the Sabres, Calgary and Hartford. He had American League stops in Rochester, Hershey and Binghamton.

Dunn came to the Sabres organization as a free agent in 1977. He stayed until June of 1982 when he was sent to the Flames with Don Edwards and a 2nd round pick which turned out to be Richard Kromm for a first round pick which turned into Paul Cyr, a second round pick which became Jens Johansson and another second round pick which was John Tucker. Johansson never came to North America to play.

In his 483 NHL games Dunn scored 36 goals with 140 assists for 176 points. In 36 Stanley Cup games the defenseman registered 18 points. He had 10 points in 14 playoff games for the Sabres in 1980.
    ...Rob

The American Dream isn't an SUV and a house in the suburbs;
    it's Don't Tread On Me.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,176 Times in 5,906 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: RIP Richie Dunn

I always liked Richie Dunn.

Not quite Best in the World.... ckg927's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,516 Times in 4,889 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    I always liked Richie Dunn.
    So did I. He was never the flashy type of D-man, but he got the job done.

And...DAMN. ONLY 59 when he passed away.
    "We've got a lot to cover. The good news is...I've got the time and I ain't going anywhere." -CM Punk, AEW Rampage, 8/20/21

"I see things in black and white and I have a zero tolerance policy for ****ty people." -Jon Moxley, AEW Dynamite, 1/6/21

Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie. DetDannyWilliams's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Got to meet him plenty of times anyone remember the Sabres Carnivals that they used to hold in the Aud in the 90's I met Dunn there, I also met him at a card show at Eastern Hills mall he was signing autographs, the last time I saw him was at a Sabres Alumni basketball game at Akron High School gym it was the Sabres Alumni against the Akron teachers