Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Patriots QB Jacoby Brissett out QB Edelman to Possibly Face Bills.....Really!?!

HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Patriots QB Jacoby Brissett out QB Edelman to Possibly Face Bills.....Really!?!

You gotta be kidding me, if Edelman starts and beats the Bills, Rex should get immediately get the ax. There's no excuse if the team loses to a 4th string QB and that is ground for coach termination, simply unforgivable!
    Let's Go Bills, make it happen!!!

2. Post thanked by:

WagonCircler (09-24-2016)

Without me it's just Awe so The King's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,748 Times in 1,830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Patriots QB Jacoby Brissett out QB Edelman to Possibly Face Bills.....Really!?!

If Brisett finished the game I think he can deal with the pain.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,157 Times in 749 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Patriots QB Jacoby Brissett out QB Edelman to Possibly Face Bills.....Really!?!

You don't really think Edelman is going to start do you ?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,284 Times in 3,776 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Rex will hope that Edelman has an "off" day.

6. Post thanked by:

bdutton (09-26-2016),Homegrown (09-23-2016),jlgarsh (09-24-2016),justasportsfan (09-23-2016),kishoph (09-24-2016),Lone Stranger (09-26-2016),Mad Bomber (09-25-2016),sukie (09-30-2016),WagonCircler (09-24-2016)

My battery is low and it's getting dark. ParanoidAndroid's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,672 Times in 3,403 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I think that team has an intelligence gathering system unmatched in professional sports. Somehow, it always looks like Belichick has the perfect game plan. no one is that good or that lucky.

8. Post thanked by:

Mr. Miyagi (09-23-2016),Thurmal (09-23-2016),YardRat (09-23-2016)

HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by k-oneputt View Post
    You don't really think Edelman is going to start do you ?
    He's their Emergency QB so it's not out of the question.

10. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

garappalo will be back. but I am all for as many qb's playing and having success. it keeps the light pointing at how much of an outlier belichick is. and at some point someone will have to address stats like 77-0 with halftime lead at home. there have been plenty of great coaches. none that have dealt with huge drop of in talent with 27-0 wins. combine it with BS penalities to the opposition, this is nothing more than the NFL helping build a large TV market for a largely dead fanbase. They go undefeated and win the superbowl this year to keep the fans happy.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,284 Times in 3,776 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus View Post
    garappalo will be back. but I am all for as many qb's playing and having success. it keeps the light pointing at how much of an outlier belichick is. and at some point someone will have to address stats like 77-0 with halftime lead at home. there have been plenty of great coaches. none that have dealt with huge drop of in talent with 27-0 wins. combine it with BS penalities to the opposition, this is nothing more than the NFL helping build a large TV market for a largely dead fanbase. They go undefeated and win the superbowl this year to keep the fans happy.
    A conspiracy doesn't make the Cardinals miss the winning field goal.

BB plays to win. Perhaps more than any other coach, he doesn't play it safe. He goes for it on 4th down on his own 28 against Manning. He has Garoppolo slinging in his debut, almost matching Tyrod's passing yards for the game - in the 1st quarter.

He cheats, he steals, he does what it takes to win.

The league may favor the Patriots winning, but BB gets the calls because he is aggressive. And you have to give him that.

13. Post thanked by:

Mace (09-23-2016),Mike (09-30-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 24,425 Times in 14,144 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

ESPN is reporting there is no tear in the thumb and that he is fine.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

15. Post thanked by:

Lone Stranger (09-26-2016)

Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin' Buffalogic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,801 Times in 1,034 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

That's too bad. If we lost to an Edelman lead pats team, Rex would surely be fired.

17. Post thanked by:

WagonCircler (09-24-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I can't stand Belichick, but he is the best coach in NFL history imo.

19. Post thanked by:

bdutton (09-26-2016),HHURRICANE (09-23-2016),jimmifli (09-26-2016),Mace (09-23-2016),Thurmal (09-23-2016),upstart (09-28-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Honestly the Pats are taking the excitement out of the entire NFL.

The whole point of free agency was to eliminate Dynasty's but these guys are going on how many years of dominance.

Don't get me wrong they deserve it just kind of getting old.

21. Post thanked by:

Mace (09-23-2016)

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,468 Times in 9,174 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HHURRICANE View Post
    Honestly the Pats are taking the excitement out of the entire NFL.

The whole point of free agency was to eliminate Dynasty's but these guys are going on how many years of dominance.

Don't get me wrong they deserve it just kind of getting old.
    It's aggravating as anything but when they play you see a disciplined, focused purposeful team. Brissett gave his first touchdown ball to Belichick. Players take lower contracts to play there or keep playing there, and he gets the best out of them in a one for all, all for one sense.

I hate the Pats, but admire them immensely for the flexibility they've demonstrated on the fly to stay successful. If a genie gave me one wish to pick a football coach for the Bills from anyone in their prime of all time, it would be Belichick.

23. Post thanked by:

jimmifli (09-26-2016),Mike (09-30-2016),upstart (09-28-2016),WagonCircler (09-24-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,319 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'm still going with Lombardi.

But the evil genius is a close second. And whomever is third is a very distant third.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I would put money on the Pats stealing radio communication and knowing play calls.

However, it's amazing teams make deals with the Pats. BB knows the odds of draft picks actually producing are slim, so he constantly loads up by trading back. If I'm an opposing GM there's no way I'm gifting BB extra picks to move up 5-10 spots in a round.

Also BB's offensive scheme is pretty savage. Run a bunch of rub routes and let guys like Welker and Edelman carve you up. BB has almost always carried a hammer at RB too. Antwoian Smith, Corey Dillon, Blount. Then uses a lethal 3rd down back like Faulk or Dion Lewis. Throw in Moss and or Gronk for your once in a generation weapon and it's a pretty gnarly philosophy.

Sidenote I won't be suprised at all to see them bring in Karlos after week 4. He's Blount's heir apparent.

26. Post thanked by:

sahlensguy (09-24-2016)

Not quite Best in the World.... ckg927's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,487 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Better than Shula? Or Halas? Or Lombardi?
    Last edited by ckg927; 09-24-2016 at 02:27 PM.
    "We've got a lot to cover. The good news is...I've got the time and I ain't going anywhere." -CM Punk, AEW Rampage, 8/20/21

"I see things in black and white and I have a zero tolerance policy for ****ty people." -Jon Moxley, AEW Dynamite, 1/6/21

28. Post thanked by:

Generalissimus Gibby (09-26-2016),Mr. Pink (09-26-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ckg927 View Post
    Better than Shula? Or Halas? Or Lombardi?
    Paul Brown?

30. Post thanked by:

Generalissimus Gibby (09-26-2016),pmoon6 (09-28-2016),YardRat (09-26-2016)

Do you read what you write? Oaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

When Troy Brown played "emergency DB", he made us pay embarrassingly. Wouldn't be shocked to see it happen again here.

Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,891 Times in 4,183 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I have to disagree. To be sure, he is the greatest coach in the league today, and he is one the best coaches in NFL History, but he is not the best. I have to place Halas, Shula, Landry, Lombardi, Noll, Gibbs, and Walsh ahead of him. Let me explain.

Halas and Shula have the most wins ever. The retort to their win totals and even for Landry who is third is that "they were around forever, anyone can win a lot of games if they stay around long enough." This is true, but as Hank Stram who I almost put in this list observed this is the NFL, which means not for long. As another coach once quipped, in the NFL there are two types of coaches, those who have been fired and those who will be fired. Halas and Shula got to stay around for 300+ wins because both had mostly sustained excellence. Shula and Halas have another thing in common, their teams have been nowhere near as good after them as they were when they roamed the sidelines. Halas retired in 1966 after winning 8 NFL championships, the Bears have won one title and only been to another superbowl in the past fifty years. I know there was the Ditka era, but generally speaking the Bears have not been the same since Halas retired in 1966. The same is true of the Dolphins. Shula kept them as a power every year. However, since 1996 they have been at best also rans.

I also have to put Tom Landry ahead of Belichick as he has the third most wins in league history and lets not forget that his Cowboys went to twenty straight playoff appearances and an ungodly amount of league championship games and Superbowls. Plus he won with three different QBs, Don Meredith, Roger Staubach, and Danny White, and two versions of the Doomsday Defense. His team, and not Jimmy Johnson's druggies, are why the Cowboys earned the title America's team.

Then there is Lombardi. The only coach to win three straight league titles, and the coach of the greatest team of the 1960s.

There is Chuck Noll as well. In the annals of the history of the Pittsburgh Steelers there are two eras, before Noll, and the Noll era. Prior to Noll the Steelers were a laughing stock for decades. Since 1972 the Steelers have been in contention for a title almost every year.

Then there is Joe Gibbs. Gibbs won several superbowls and he did it with mostly castoffs, over the hill players, and scrubs. Other than Theismann his QBs were mediocre and he won anyways.

Lastly, but not least there is Bill Walsh, who turned San Fran into a Dynasty that lasted two decades.

Now again, Bellichick is certainly undisputably the greatest coach today, and one of the best coaches ever, but I think its a bit pretentious to say he is the best coach ever.

33. Post thanked by:

Arm of Harm (09-27-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

in your opinion.