• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ed
    Dude
    • Sep 2002

Shaq Lawson on schedule to practice Week 7

According to Doug Whaley, the Bills medical staff believes Lawson will be ready to practice as soon as he's eligible. That would be after the Bills host the 49ers in week 6. It doesn't mean he'll play right away, but it sounds like his rehab and everything is going well. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't actually play until after the bye week, but we should see him on the field this year for the second half of the season.

“He’s on schedule,” said Whaley. “We just had a meeting yesterday so after the six weeks if there are no setbacks he’ll be able to start practicing and we’ll see where it goes after that. But everything we’ve heard from the medical staff is that he’s ready and raring to go.”

• YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Shaq Lawson on schedule to practice Week 7

That's good news...would like to see what we have in him for a few games this season but I wouldn't bring him back until he's 100% or damn close.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mace
      Haha...yeah you think so ?
      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
      That's good news...would like to see what we have in him for a few games this season but I wouldn't bring him back until he's 100% or damn close.
      Yeah, bringing him back too soon seems too typically Billsy.

Comment

• Goobylal
        • Jan 2004

So much for him missing the season. Or even half of it.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Lots of if's here BUT-

If we can beat the Patriots, we should be better with Henderson and Dareus back, and our next 3 games are relatively easy. The 3 games after that are brutal. If we can go 2-1 then pull off 1 upset in the brutal NE/Sea/Cincy stretch, we'd be 4-4 at Thanksgiving. Not great odds but it's our only shot at playoffs.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
            Lots of if's here BUT-

If we can beat the Patriots, we should be better with Henderson and Dareus back, and our next 3 games are relatively easy. The 3 games after that are brutal. If we can go 2-1 then pull off 1 upset in the brutal NE/Sea/Cincy stretch, we'd be 4-4 at Thanksgiving. Not great odds but it's our only shot at playoffs.

To quote jim Mora senior. .bah! Playoffs?!?!'
            I came.
            I saw.
            I conquered.

Comment

• The Jokeman
              • Dec 2003

Lots of if's here BUT-

Let's just focus on beating the Patriots first.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                • Jul 2005

I have a weird feeling about this season. There is such an utter lack of confidence and hope in the fan base that I think it just might be the year that we somehow wander our way into the playoffs. Which of course succeeds in saving Rex's job until we go 7-9 again next year.
                Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                  Making Spirits Bright
                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                  Let's just focus on beating the Patriots first.
                  Yes, it's very important that the fan base takes it one game at a time so as not to get ahead of themselves.

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

whaley got it right with Lawson the first time and told us he didn't need surgery. let's wait and see where he is come week 7. it will depend on how in jeopardy rex's job is. for his surgery and the rehab required, to regain his strength to 100%, he should come back next year. there is no way he should be playing this season. if he does, we'll see a largely ineffective pass rusher and a guy who is going to be run on.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                      whaley got it right with Lawson the first time and told us he didn't need surgery. let's wait and see where he is come week 7. it will depend on how in jeopardy rex's job is. for his surgery and the rehab required, to regain his strength to 100%, he should come back next year. there is no way he should be playing this season. if he does, we'll see a largely ineffective pass rusher and a guy who is going to be run on.
                      With way Alexander has played Lawson might just be a situational pass rusher this season.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Lots of if's here BUT-

Mods, we have a hacked account
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                          • Mar 2005

Lawson will not see the field anytime soon. His agent is not going to let him re-injure his shoulder. Especially on a team that isn't going to the playoffs.

Comment

• feldspar
                            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by HHURRICANE View Post
                            Lawson will not see the field anytime soon. His agent is not going to let him re-injure his shoulder. Especially on a team that isn't going to the playoffs.
                            Since when does somebody's agent have any say on whether a player plays or not?

If the doctors clear him, he'll play.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                              Making Spirits Bright
                              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
                              Since when does somebody's agent have any say on whether a player plays or not?

If the doctors clear him, he'll play.
                              But then the thread that he started awhile ago will make him look bad..

I know there are conflicting reports on when Lawson will be back but I can tell you that he will not be playing this year. I talked to two friends close to the situation and he's literally working on swinging his arm 6 inches back and forth right now. He'll be lucky to be lifting in November. Kind of disappointed to say the

Originally posted by HHURRICANE View Post
                              I know there are conflicting reports on when Lawson will be back but I can tell you that he will not be playing this year. I talked to two friends close to the situation and he's literally working on swinging his arm 6 inches back and forth right now. He'll be lucky to be lifting in November.

Kind of disappointed to say the least.

Comment

Working...
                              X