• Aug 2012

Re: 2016-2017 Season Long Game Day Thread

Very
    Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• Novacane
      • Jul 2002

Wow. They look like they are sleep walking through this period. They decided to start the break early.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
        Skoobasaurus-Rex
        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
        Wow. They look like they are sleep walking through this period. They decided to start the break early.
        4-3 loss, bunch of......

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

And once again, the Sabres get jacked by the refs in a Southern city with a questionable fan base. The refs hit the reset button in Tampa Bay with a BS 5 on 3 after the Sabres got off to a one goal lead in Bishop's return. In Nashville on Tuesday, they missed at least 5 calls, including an elbow to Girg's face and Subban going knee on knee on Kane. Then Nashville got the go-ahead goal on a delay of game call that clearly went off a Pred stick.

Tonight in Dallas, the refs called 4 hooking penalties on the Sabres but missed a blatant hook by the Stars with about 5 min left, then with just over 2 min left, they call a weak penalty on the Sabres and kill any chance at an equalizer. To be fair, the Sabres blew a two goal lead and failed to score on numerous good opportunities in the third. But that doesn't excuse one-sided officiating that clearly puts them at a disadvantage.

Mistakes happen but this is a pattern.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DetDannyWilliams
            Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie.
            • Feb 2013

maybe the NHL should look into what the NFL did putting cameras inside the pilons... the NHL should drill holes in the goalposts and put a camera along the goal line and inside the crossbar that looks down on the goal line and go back to painting the inside the net also like the picture shows
            Last edited by DetDannyWilliams; 01-26-2017, 11:25 PM.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Also the Stars should have been forced to forfeit the game when they playe Kris Kross over the loudspeaker. I think they stole their playlist from the DJ at a middle school dance in 1993.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                Skoobasaurus-Rex
                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                And once again, the Sabres get jacked by the refs in a Southern city with a questionable fan base. The refs hit the reset button in Tampa Bay with a BS 5 on 3 after the Sabres got off to a one goal lead in Bishop's return. In Nashville on Tuesday, they missed at least 5 calls, including an elbow to Girg's face and Subban going knee on knee on Kane. Then Nashville got the go-ahead goal on a delay of game call that clearly went off a Pred stick.

Tonight in Dallas, the refs called 4 hooking penalties on the Sabres but missed a blatant hook by the Stars with about 5 min left, then with just over 2 min left, they call a weak penalty on the Sabres and kill any chance at an equalizer. To be fair, the Sabres blew a two goal lead and failed to score on numerous good opportunities in the third. But that doesn't excuse one-sided officiating that clearly puts them at a disadvantage.

Mistakes happen but this is a pattern.
                So I mention this for football about the refs cooking the Bills and I'm deemed crazy but here it's just right. This happens in every sport played and 99-1 shots land at the track because somebody has a barn bill owed, that's life.

3 inconclusive goals as well all go against Buffalo, hmmmm...

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                  So I mention this for football about the refs cooking the Bills and I'm deemed crazy but here it's just right. This happens in every sport played and 99-1 shots land at the track because somebody has a barn bill owed, that's life.

3 inconclusive goals as well all go against Buffalo, hmmmm...
                  Years ago, somebody (I believe on this site but I can't recall who) said this about the NHL: the refs can't flat out rig games because it would be too obvious, but the league has preferred outcomes. They want the big markets and the more fickle fan bases to win cuz it's better ratings and more money. So, if there is a questionable call, they are going to err on the side of giving it to the league's preferred outcome the majority of the time.

It's looking more and more like the NHL is the same way. Let's face it: every team in pro sports draws better and sells more merch when they are winning, but some teams do a lot better than others when they weren't winning. Buffalo averaged 18,500 in 14-15 when they were by far the worst team in the league, which is just 700 short of capacity. But in TB, Nashville, Dallas, even D.C., those building are empty when the teams struggle. I've seen it first hand in DC- for the first two or three seasons after the 03-04 lockout, I used to get tix from season ticket holders for less than face value. The arena would be half empty and there were almost as many Sabres fans there as Caps fans.

So, it's in the NHL's interest to have these teams succeed over Buffalo. And again, this isn't sour grapes over a bad call. There's been a clear pattern the last 3 times we were on the road in places that aren't strong hockey markets.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                    I agree it's a team no one wants to play right now. The talent isn't quite there but it's vastly improved, and there is no quit in them. Teams like that are dangerous. I'm just saying they dug themselves into a hole early and I don't know if it's possible to dig out.

Let's go on the conservative side and say we need 90 points to get in the playoffs (it's probably more like 92 or 93 but I'll be a little optimistic here). We currently have 49 points with 35 games to play. That means we'd need 51 points in 35 games. It's not completely impossible but it sure as hell isn't likely and I don't think this team has the talent to pull it off.
                    If they can go 17-9-9 that's 43 points and a season total of 92. I don't think playing just under .500 hockey is a lot to ask, or expect.

Your 51 puts them at 100, not 90.
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                      If they can go 17-9-9 that's 43 points and a season total of 92. I don't think playing just under .500 hockey is a lot to ask, or expect.

Your 51 puts them at 100, not 90.
                      Good catch. That's what happens when I try to function in the mornings.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Novacane
                        • Jul 2002

Well that was ugly!

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                          My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                          • Apr 2004

Does Zach Bogosian still want to play hockey? That dude was -5 tonight.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Stopped watching after 2. What a disaster.

I think it's safe to say this team won't sneak into the playoffs.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• coastal
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post
                              He ****ing sucks... bad

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                                • Aug 2012

Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post
                                Wish we still had myers
                                Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

Working...
                                X