Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Sammy

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Sammy

Quote Originally Posted by chernobylwraiths View Post
    His post is quite accurate. You listed some marginal nfl players that didn't have long careers. So what? somebody who made an nfl roster for even one game might be the highlight of their life, but saying from your couch that they suck just because they will never be an all pro is the height of arrogance. There are thousands of players that never make NFL rosters who are far worse than those players. Anonymity has made aholes such tough guys
    The players I listed sucked in epic fashion. Not by me, but by all Buffalo fans. Those players are people of legendary suck. They only made an NFL roster due to imperfect selection by lousy GMs like Stew Barber, Tom Donahoe and Doug Whaley. It has nothing, whatsoever, to do with being arrogant. It has to do with calling a spade a spade. Calling a player good because a bad GM let him onto a poor team's roster just makes you as stupid as moonpie.
    Last edited by swiper; 10-04-2016 at 06:23 PM.

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,509 Times in 9,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by pmoon6 View Post
    "It is not the critic who counts. ... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly ... who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat." ~ Theodore Roosevelt.
    You know you laugh as hard as I do when a cold and timid disgruntled soul hits a striving valiant warrior in the arena with a crumpled empty popcorn container. I wouldn't have done that to Teddy Roosevelt though, he'd have socked me.

Legendary Zoner
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,841 Times in 6,258 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    The players I listed sucked in epic fashion. Not by me, but by all Buffalo fans. Those players are people of legendary suck. They only made an NFL roster due to imperfect selection by lousy GMs like Stew Barber, Tom Donahoe and Doug Whaley. It has nothing, whatsoever, to do with being arrogant. It has to do with calling a spade a spade. Calling a player good because a bad GM let him onto a poor team's roster just makes you as stupid as moonpie.
    I never said they were "good" which is a value judgement, I said they didn't suck which is totally different. They are in the top 1 percentile of people who strive to play the game professionally.

Like I said, if you or Pinkie want to pass judgement, get off your ass and strap on a pair of cleats, shoulder pads and helmet.

That is if they can find a helmet big enough to fit your gigantic heads.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

That is if they can find a helmet big enough to fit your gigantic heads.
    Look into the mirror shiva.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

"It is not the critic who counts. ... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly ... who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat." ~ Theodore Roosevelt.

This suits you and many on this board perfectly. No talent hacks who can't do so they critique.

When ya'll think of "suck" look in the mirror.
    Oh so you just dislike the word used then...

Sammy Watkins is inferior and worse than the majority of his peers at the number 1 WR position in the NFL.

Does that make you happy big guy?

6. Post thanked by:

swiper (10-05-2016)

Legendary Zoner
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,841 Times in 6,258 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    Oh so you just dislike the word used then...

Sammy Watkins is inferior and worse than the majority of his peers at the number 1 WR position in the NFL.

Does that make you happy big guy?
    Somewhat. However, he doesn't have a big enough body of work to make such a judgement.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Somewhat. However, he doesn't have a big enough body of work to make such a judgement.
    Because he's hurt all the time. Goes toward sucking.