lol

Apparently he's an artist...

IMG_5118.JPG

Comment

• Novacane
      • Jul 2002

Re: Sammy

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
      Moronic statement, considering all the busts we've had who had done far far less than Sammy.
      How many of those other busts cost us extra 1rst round picks. When you factor that in he ranks right up there among the worst busts.

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
        Name one of those that the Bills gave up more for.
        A bust is someone who produced next to nothing after getting picked high. Sammy did produce at times. I saw him catch a pass to beat Minny on the last play of the game.

Worse than Sammy ? There is over TWENTY on this list.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...nd_draft_picks
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

I don't care if a player has gobs of talent, and has amazing potential, and then gets hit by a bus.

It doesn't matter why he doesn't see the field it still reflects on the GM even if it's just bad luck.

Sammy is a bust pick until he plays consistently and is a difference maker on the field.

He makes Lee Evans look all world.

Comment

• DynaPaul
            • Sep 2003

Sammy Watkins is Perry Tuttle.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
              How many of those other busts cost us extra 1rst round picks. When you factor that in he ranks right up there among the worst busts.
              Factor that in? Where do you people come up with some of these things? "Well, if you factor in how many people Stalin killed, by comparison, Hitler wasn't so bad", "If you factor in Jim Abbot only had one hand, he is the greatest pitcher of all time" ...

You can't "factor in" what is paid for a certain person or even how much they are paid, though many of you LOVE to do that too. They are either good or not. Now, he seems to be injury prone, but then again, some are trying to make that also into some kind of character flaw too.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                • Jan 2003

As someone else mentioned, JPLosman cost two first rounders.

Comment

• Historian
                  2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                  • Dec 2002

Just as pathetic....

Comment

• pmoon6
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Dec 2002

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths View Post
                    Factor that in? Where do you people come up with some of these things? "Well, if you factor in how many people Stalin killed, by comparison, Hitler wasn't so bad", "If you factor in Jim Abbot only had one hand, he is the greatest pitcher of all time" ...

You can't "factor in" what is paid for a certain person or even how much they are paid, though many of you LOVE to do that too. They are either good or not. Now, he seems to be injury prone, but then again, some are trying to make that also into some kind of character flaw too.
                    Don't spoil the party, CW. Let the boys rant and cry about it for twenty pages.

"I knews it was a stupid pick from da start and I was right!!!!!!"

"Looks at me, I's a smart".

If Bills Fans weren't so pathetic, you might actually feel sorry for them.

Comment

• Swiper
                      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                      A bust is someone who produced next to nothing after getting picked high. Sammy did produce at times. I saw him catch a pass to beat Minny on the last play of the game.

Worse than Sammy ? There is over TWENTY on this list.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...nd_draft_picks
                      A bust is a any player who doesn't come close to expectations. Watkins fits that to a tee. He was real good in a game? Which one please?

Now, I will give him that he was taken by a team without a QB. So there's that getting in his way.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by pmoon6 View Post
                        Don't spoil the party, CW. Let the boys rant and cry about it for twenty pages.

"I knews it was a stupid pick from da start and I was right!!!!!!"

"Looks at me, I's a smart".

If Bills Fans weren't so pathetic, you might actually feel sorry for them.
                        I can't stand that crap man.

Know what else I can't stand, is the need to say everyone either sucks or is great. Especially when 95% are in neither category.

Comment

• pmoon6
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Dec 2002

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths View Post
                          I can't stand that crap man.

Know what else I can't stand, is the need to say everyone either sucks or is great. Especially when 95% are in neither category.
                          I've always said that a player can't "suck" if he made an NFL roster.

I've always tried to think of players as regular people anyway and I've met quite a few. Some have big heads, but by in large, they are just like you and me. So idolizing them or trashing them because they didn't live up to YOUR expectations is ridiculous and juvenile.

Comment

• Turf
                            • Jul 2002

It's all on Whaley. Somehow he gets a pass.
                            Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by pmoon6 View Post
                              I've always said that a player can't "suck" if he made an NFL roster.

I've always tried to think of players as regular people anyway and I've met quite a few. Some have big heads, but by in large, they are just like you and me. So idolizing them or trashing them because they didn't live up to YOUR expectations is ridiculous and juvenile.
                              I guess just thinking of them as Just people from a Madden game makes it easier for them.

Comment

• pmoon6
                                Legendary Zoner
                                • Dec 2002

It's kinda funny, actually. Fans today use players as their proxy warriors because of what they can't do as men. When they don't get their vicarious thrill because their warriors didn't play well, they get angry and lash out.

As far as Sammy Watkins, maybe he wasn't healed enough to step on the field. Maybe he was rushed back before he was ready, by himself or the team. I mean first round pick, high expectations. "You gotta to play, Son". We will never know what really went down. Thousands of players have come back too early from an injury and paid the price. I hope he takes this time to heal, recover and then work. Comes back next year with a vengeance. Seems like a nice enough young man and I wish him success.

Comment

Working...
                                X