Power to Give Rep

Re: Sammy

Aaron "little hips" Maybin

lol

Apparently he's an artist...

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/07...e-through-art/

IMG_5118.JPG

2. Post thanked by:

swiper (10-02-2016),TacklingDummy (10-01-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,272 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
    Moronic statement, considering all the busts we've had who had done far far less than Sammy.
    How many of those other busts cost us extra 1rst round picks. When you factor that in he ranks right up there among the worst busts.

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    Name one of those that the Bills gave up more for.
    A bust is someone who produced next to nothing after getting picked high. Sammy did produce at times. I saw him catch a pass to beat Minny on the last play of the game.

Worse than Sammy ? There is over TWENTY on this list.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...nd_draft_picks

5. Post thanked by:

chernobylwraiths (10-01-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I don't care if a player has gobs of talent, and has amazing potential, and then gets hit by a bus.

It doesn't matter why he doesn't see the field it still reflects on the GM even if it's just bad luck.

Sammy is a bust pick until he plays consistently and is a difference maker on the field.

He makes Lee Evans look all world.

7. Post thanked by:

Historian (10-01-2016),Lone Stranger (10-01-2016),Mace (10-01-2016),sudzy (10-01-2016),TacklingDummy (10-01-2016),WagonCircler (10-01-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,436 Times in 925 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Sammy Watkins is Perry Tuttle.

9. Post thanked by:

Historian (10-01-2016),Mace (10-01-2016)

Registered User chernobylwraiths's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
    How many of those other busts cost us extra 1rst round picks. When you factor that in he ranks right up there among the worst busts.
    Factor that in? Where do you people come up with some of these things? "Well, if you factor in how many people Stalin killed, by comparison, Hitler wasn't so bad", "If you factor in Jim Abbot only had one hand, he is the greatest pitcher of all time" ...

You can't "factor in" what is paid for a certain person or even how much they are paid, though many of you LOVE to do that too. They are either good or not. Now, he seems to be injury prone, but then again, some are trying to make that also into some kind of character flaw too.

11. Post thanked by:

pmoon6 (10-01-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

As someone else mentioned, JPLosman cost two first rounders.

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,249 Times in 15,411 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Just as pathetic....

Legendary Zoner
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,841 Times in 6,258 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by chernobylwraiths View Post
    Factor that in? Where do you people come up with some of these things? "Well, if you factor in how many people Stalin killed, by comparison, Hitler wasn't so bad", "If you factor in Jim Abbot only had one hand, he is the greatest pitcher of all time" ...

You can't "factor in" what is paid for a certain person or even how much they are paid, though many of you LOVE to do that too. They are either good or not. Now, he seems to be injury prone, but then again, some are trying to make that also into some kind of character flaw too.
    Don't spoil the party, CW. Let the boys rant and cry about it for twenty pages.

"I knews it was a stupid pick from da start and I was right!!!!!!"

"Looks at me, I's a smart".

If Bills Fans weren't so pathetic, you might actually feel sorry for them.

15. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Night Train View Post
    A bust is someone who produced next to nothing after getting picked high. Sammy did produce at times. I saw him catch a pass to beat Minny on the last play of the game.

Worse than Sammy ? There is over TWENTY on this list.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...nd_draft_picks
    A bust is a any player who doesn't come close to expectations. Watkins fits that to a tee. He was real good in a game? Which one please?

Now, I will give him that he was taken by a team without a QB. So there's that getting in his way.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by pmoon6 View Post
    Don't spoil the party, CW. Let the boys rant and cry about it for twenty pages.

"I knews it was a stupid pick from da start and I was right!!!!!!"

"Looks at me, I's a smart".

If Bills Fans weren't so pathetic, you might actually feel sorry for them.
    I can't stand that crap man.

Know what else I can't stand, is the need to say everyone either sucks or is great. Especially when 95% are in neither category.

18. Post thanked by:

pmoon6 (10-01-2016),swiper (10-02-2016)

Legendary Zoner
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by chernobylwraiths View Post
    I can't stand that crap man.

Know what else I can't stand, is the need to say everyone either sucks or is great. Especially when 95% are in neither category.
    I've always said that a player can't "suck" if he made an NFL roster.

I've always tried to think of players as regular people anyway and I've met quite a few. Some have big heads, but by in large, they are just like you and me. So idolizing them or trashing them because they didn't live up to YOUR expectations is ridiculous and juvenile.

20. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,481 Times in 1,479 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

It's all on Whaley. Somehow he gets a pass.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by pmoon6 View Post
    I've always said that a player can't "suck" if he made an NFL roster.

I've always tried to think of players as regular people anyway and I've met quite a few. Some have big heads, but by in large, they are just like you and me. So idolizing them or trashing them because they didn't live up to YOUR expectations is ridiculous and juvenile.
    I guess just thinking of them as Just people from a Madden game makes it easier for them.

23. Post thanked by:

pmoon6 (10-01-2016)

Legendary Zoner
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

It's kinda funny, actually. Fans today use players as their proxy warriors because of what they can't do as men. When they don't get their vicarious thrill because their warriors didn't play well, they get angry and lash out.

As far as Sammy Watkins, maybe he wasn't healed enough to step on the field. Maybe he was rushed back before he was ready, by himself or the team. I mean first round pick, high expectations. "You gotta to play, Son". We will never know what really went down. Thousands of players have come back too early from an injury and paid the price. I hope he takes this time to heal, recover and then work. Comes back next year with a vengeance. Seems like a nice enough young man and I wish him success.

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,490 Times in 9,187 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

So far Watkins is not looking like he's worth what we spent on him in picks, that's flirting with bust territory even if the injuries aren't his fault. When healthy he doesn't dominate games anyway.

This season is not looking good for him, so next year we already enter into the 4th year of his contract though, and that's extension territory and pickup 5th year option territory.

I don't personally think he's working out so well, but honestly, next year is more significant. I still strongly don't agree with getting him for the price we paid either, but no going back now.

I'm more worried about next year. If he gets in a healthy year is that worth his future price ? If he's hurt some more, do they spend on him for potential ?

He just doesn't burn it up anyway when he's ok.

Julio Jones was mentioned. If anyone remembers, they spent on him intending to frost their cake for title. Jones is a fine receiver, maybe a great one, and he has Matt Ryan slinging to him, but the Falcons are 43-40 since they spent large on him, and suffer from unreplenished talent the picks could have helped with. They aren't really a contender anymore.

Watkins was intended to be frosting on a cake we didn't bake, I blame Whaley for that, and now we're still stuck hoping he suddenly becomes a game changer in the 4th year of his contract.

That's not real good.

26. Post thanked by:

Mr. Pink (10-02-2016)

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Sammy Watkins

Year Games Played Receptions Yards Touchdowns
    1st 16 65 982 6
    2nd 13 60 1047 9
    3rd 2 6 63 0
    Total after 3 years 31 131 2092 15

Julio Jones
    Year Games Played Receptions Yards Touchdowns
    1st 13 54 959 8
    2nd 16 79 1198 10
    3rd 5 41 580 2
    Total after 3 years 34 174 2737 22

Julio had 43 catches, 645 yards, and 7 TDs more than Sammy through 3 years. Sammy could build on that if he's able to come back from the IR this year.

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,490 Times in 9,187 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
    Julio had 43 catches, 645 yards, and 7 TDs more than Sammy through 3 years. Sammy could build on that if he's able to come back from the IR this year.
    Sure he could, but he's not going to have Matt Ryan throwing to him in a passing oriented offense.

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Sure he could, but he's not going to have Matt Ryan throwing to him in a passing oriented offense.
    I'm not saying he's going to, just that he could. Julio's stats were through 3 full years. Sammy, while on IR, has not completed his 3rd year.

Still, saying Sammy is a bust is pretty silly. He's not worth what we paid for him, but that doesn't automatically mean he's a bust.

30. Post thanked by:

Mace (10-01-2016)

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    So far Watkins is not looking like he's worth what we spent on him in picks, that's flirting with bust territory even if the injuries aren't his fault. When healthy he doesn't dominate games anyway.

This season is not looking good for him, so next year we already enter into the 4th year of his contract though, and that's extension territory and pickup 5th year option territory.

I don't personally think he's working out so well, but honestly, next year is more significant. I still strongly don't agree with getting him for the price we paid either, but no going back now.

I'm more worried about next year. If he gets in a healthy year is that worth his future price ? If he's hurt some more, do they spend on him for potential ?

He just doesn't burn it up anyway when he's ok.

Julio Jones was mentioned. If anyone remembers, they spent on him intending to frost their cake for title. Jones is a fine receiver, maybe a great one, and he has Matt Ryan slinging to him, but the Falcons are 43-40 since they spent large on him, and suffer from unreplenished talent the picks could have helped with. They aren't really a contender anymore.

Watkins was intended to be frosting on a cake we didn't bake, I blame Whaley for that, and now we're still stuck hoping he suddenly becomes a game changer in the 4th year of his contract.

That's not real good.
    Good post.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.