Tyrod can't take advantage of an o-line that is giving him all day to throw the ball!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Tyrod can't take advantage of an o-line that is giving him all day to throw the ball!

I'm sorry but I can't remember the last time a Bills o-line gave a QB this much time to throw the ball. Sadly I think it highlights how mediocre Tyrod is.

I'll give the new OC credit as he is putting Tyrod in the best possible position to use his rushing skills but Tyrod had all day to find receivers open yesterday when they weren't designed running plays.

Not encouraging at all.
  • bdutton
    • Jul 2013

Re: Tyrod can't take advantage of an o-line that is giving him all day to throw the b

Originally posted by HHURRICANE View Post
    I'm sorry but I can't remember the last time a Bills o-line gave a QB this much time to throw the ball. Sadly I think it highlights how mediocre Tyrod is.

I'll give the new OC credit as he is putting Tyrod in the best possible position to use his rushing skills but Tyrod had all day to find receivers open yesterday when they weren't designed running plays.

Not encouraging at all.
    There were several times that Tyrod had to duck under a rushing defender or escape to the side to avoid sacks. His ability to sense pressure and move to open space while keeping his eyes downfield was special.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

Re: Tyrod can't take advantage of an o-line that is giving him all day to throw the b

Originally posted by bdutton View Post
      There were several times that Tyrod had to duck under a rushing defender or escape to the side to avoid sacks. His ability to sense pressure and move to open space while keeping his eyes downfield was special.
      At some point the pocket is going to collapse when you are hanging on to the ball that long. And for the record he has an ability to get out of trouble, and I'll give you that, but some of it is self induced.

In addition, we all used to ***** about _____________(insert QB of your choice over last 10 years) throwing the ball 3 yards when we need 7 yards and Tyrod is just as guilty of the same bad habit.

Comment

• sahlensguy
        • Mar 2015

Listened to the radio feed yesterday and I thought the same thing. Numerous times Taylor had "all day", without producing big plays. That said, going into the game we were dead last in 3rd down conversions and we did convert at a high rate yesterday along with many 3rd and longs. Taylor hitting the slants were refreshing to hear also.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
          Zero for Zero!
          • Mar 2003

27 of 39. 246 yards. 1 Td. No Ints.

What was he supposed to do?

There are times and games to complain his performance. Yesterday was not one of them.
          Originally posted by mysticsoto
          Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
            27 of 39. 246 yards. 1 Td. No Ints.

What was he supposed to do?

There are times and games to complain his performance. Yesterday was not one of them.
            I agree. When the running game is playing great he needs to be himself. A care taker.

It's when we need him to be qb when the running game isn't doing great that we get into trouble. So far, he's looking ok under Lynn.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• sahlensguy
              • Mar 2015

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
              I agree. When the running game is playing great he needs to be himself. A care taker.

It's when we need him to be qb when the running game isn't doing great that we get into trouble. So far, he's looking ok under Lynn.
              The point in this, I think is that this season is Tyrod's tryout before we extend his contact. Yesterday wasn't a typical game. The Patriots were one dimensional and inept and it was obvious early that a caretaker would get the job done. Most Sunday's you need a qb who, when given the time in the pocket, will consistently make plays downfield. $92 mill, is a lot of cap space to sacrifice to a caretaker in the modern NFL.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                Making Spirits Bright
                • Mar 2006

Tyrod did exactly what was asked of him yesterday.

Comment

• sahlensguy
                  • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
                  He was a good caretaker, absolutely.

It would have been encouraging, with all that time to find an open downfield receiver once in a while. You know like $92 million qbs usually do.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                    • Aug 2004

I agree. A number of times he held the ball for a few seconds, then starting to move himself. He might be trying to create some coverage breakdown when he moves around, but quite often he breaks the perfectly executed blocking in front of him, allowing defenders to come after him free.

This is where other mobile QBs like Newton, and Wilson are so good. Wilson especially who has a great sense of pressure and is willing to wait if the blocking is good in front of him. Newton also waits, sometimes a bit too long but he's so big and strong, can take a hit while delivering the ball. Tyrod is clearly not close to that level yet.

Comment

• ticatfan
                      The Meathead of Muslims!
                      • Jul 2002

As I said before ,stick with him and let him develop, he is a keeper, IMHO.
                      Political correctness ( or cancel culture as it is called today) is a doctrine fostered by a delusional ,illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by MSM which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
                      Harry S Truman 1941.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
                        We won a game technically by two scores. If he we was being a caretaker then why did he need to hang onto the ball for so long? Obviously there were plays that had the intent of getting bigger yards.

6.3 yards per pass and 4.8 the week before are not 92 million dollar QB numbers.

Comment

• Ed
                          Dude
                          • Sep 2002

Did you guys not watch any Bills games last season? Making big plays down field is one thing Tyrod did better at than any other qb.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                            Making Spirits Bright
                            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by HHURRICANE View Post
                            We won a game technically by two scores. If he we was being a caretaker then why did he need to hang onto the ball for so long? Obviously there were plays that had the intent of getting bigger yards.

6.3 yards per pass and 4.8 the week before are not 92 million dollar QB numbers.
                            I was one of the biggest people who spoke out against the contract when he signed it, and I still am. You know what though? He signed it and now we have to live with it.

Even if you're against his contract, you have to admit he had a good game against the Pats. He is signed on for $18 million per season, average. That puts him tied for 17th highest paid QB. If you think played worse than 17 QB's in the NFL yesterday, you're out of your mind.

Comment

• Jry44
                              • Apr 2013

Have you seen who his receivers are??

There are two parts to this. A receiver has to get open if he is going to get them the ball.

Comment

Working...
                              X