Thread: Why is Indianapolis playing this week?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,831 Times in 2,091 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Why is Indianapolis playing this week?

Every team gets a bye after playing in London. This week Indy is playing. If the Bills were scheduled the week after a London game, Bills fans would be setting fires in the trash cans of the NFL's offices.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Why is Indianapolis playing this week?

I agree.

Could be the NFL is playing games here to gauge the effects of having a permanent team in London.

If there were a permanent team in London, there isn't a way to have a bye for every visiting team afterwards, right? Only thing that I can think of is that the Colts are somewhat guinea pigs in an experiment...maybe I'm wrong, but it's the only thing I can think of for the Colts not having their bye.

But a permanent team in London is a dumb idea on the first place. Imagine the wear and tear of THAT London team for away games. There are already issues with west coast teams traveling to the east coast for early games and the like, which isn't exactly easy all the time.

The logistics are not reasonable for a London team.

Just wait until they wanna have games take place in China.
    Last edited by feldspar; 10-06-2016 at 07:57 PM.

3. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (10-06-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 30,558 Times in 17,442 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Payback for DeflateGate.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Thanked 26,299 Times in 13,729 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    I agree.

Could be the NFL is playing games here to gauge the effects of having a permanent team in London.

If there were a permanent team in London, there isn't a way to have a bye for every visiting team afterwards, right? Only thing that I can think of is that the Colts are somewhat guinea pigs in an experiment...maybe I'm wrong, but it's the only thing I can think of for the Colts not having their bye.

But a permanent team in London is a dumb idea on the first place. Imagine the wear and tear of THAT London team for away games. There are already issues with west coast teams traveling to the east coast for early games and the like, which isn't exactly easy all the time.

The North American market is great for football, but it's essentially tapped. Football is the national obsession. There is no room for expansion. Goodell DESPERATELY wants international expansion. London is a wealthy English-speaking city and there are enough American ex-pats in the area.... He doesn't seem to care about all the logistical hassles for the players. It's all about the money.

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    I agree.

Maybe they will buy and resurrect one of the Concordes...

http://home.bt.com/news/uk-news/conc...11363843749881
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

7. Post thanked by:

Frenchman (10-06-2016)

May Day and Spring 2024! Frenchman's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Yeah they are playing as they do not have a bye. They are playing the Bears in Lucas Oil Stadium!
    ​Ready for NFL Draft!