X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bdutton
    • Jul 2013

AFC Defensive Player of the week: Bills cornerback Nickell Robey-Coleman

In his first start of the season, Tom Brady threw for 406 yards and three scores. His performance was enough to earn the Patriots quarterback AFC Offensive Player of the Week honors.

The AFC Defensive Player of the Week was Bills cornerback Nickell Robey-Coleman. Robey-Coleman led Buffalo's defense in a 30-19 victoryover the Rams in Los Angeles. The former USC Trojan made a triumphant return to the Coliseum, picking offRams quarterback Case Keenumtwice -- including taking one back 41 yards for the score.
  • Ed
    • Sep 2002

Re: AFC Defensive Player of the week: Bills cornerback Nickell Robey-Coleman

2 weeks in a row the Bills have the defensive player of the week. Congrats to Robey. That pick 6 was huge.

Comment

• ICRockets
      Childish Fake Voter
      • Jul 2008

Interesting. I'd have gone with Lorenzo. 3 sacks and he was about to get a 4th when Keenum threw the ball away for Robey's 2nd pick.

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

2nd straight award for the Bills. D Scheme seems to be working.
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
          Making Spirits Bright
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
          2nd straight award for the Bills. D Scheme seems to be working.
          We've given up 87 points so far this year, which is tied for 3rd among teams that haven't had their bye week, tied for 5th in points allowed per game. We're 4 sacks away from our 2015 sack total already. We're 3rd in the league in takeaways, and 2nd in turnover differential at +9. I'm not mad about it.

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
            We've given up 87 points so far this year, which is tied for 3rd among teams that haven't had their bye week, tied for 5th in points allowed per game. We're 4 sacks away from our 2015 sack total already. We're 3rd in the league in takeaways, and 2nd in turnover differential at +9. I'm not mad about it.
            Sounds like a tank to me.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• The Beef
              • Sep 2011

Rex ****ed up hard when he tried to meld the systems.

He's got guya bought in but don't underestimate how much an impact turning over the playcalling to Thurman is. I'm sure Rex has 'Final Say' and if he sees something in a particular down and distance and wants to call his shot, then cool.

I think this is his first year being a true head coach. Letting his coordinators do their job, and him developing a game plan on both sides of the ball.

Hope they manage to keep it up, players and coaches alike.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                Making Spirits Bright
                • Mar 2006

I think a lot of credit should go to Ed Reed. I'm convinced he was a big part of getting the players to buy in to the system and teaching the secondary how to excel. Let's hope they can keep it up.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                  Skoobasaurus-Rex
                  • Oct 2011

I think a lot of credit should go to Ed Reed. I'm convinced he was a big part of getting the players to buy in to the system and teaching the secondary how to excel. Let's hope they can keep it up.
                  Ed has taught the players that if you are going to tackle someone, hurt them and take the ball. We try every play to punish our opponents, every play on defense.

Comment

• Ed
                    • Sep 2002

Don't underestimate the coaching contributions Rob Ryan has made too. He's been pretty instrumental in studying opponents and developing red zone defenses.

Comment

• Crisis
                      • Aug 2004

I guess not having Mario on the field phoning it in every play helps the defense out a lot.
                      Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                      Vanek is Austrian not European
                      Originally posted by Prov401
                      Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                      Originally posted by better days
                      I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• feldspar
                        • Mar 2007

Whaley should get some credit too, instead of just random grief.

Zach Brown is #1 in tackles, and Lorenzo Alexander is #1 in sacks. These guys are making like 50 cents between them filling in for Lawson and Ragland. We have players meant for depth making defensive players of the week. Whaley never gets enough credit for his ability to find players to plug-in. Oh, and the Shady trade was HUGE...he's been carrying this offense, basically.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                          Making Spirits Bright
                          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
                          Whaley should get some credit too, instead of just random grief.

Zach Brown is #1 in tackles, and Lorenzo Alexander is #1 in sacks. These guys are making like 50 cents between them filling in for Lawson and Ragland. We have players meant for depth making defensive players of the week. Whaley never gets enough credit for his ability to find players to plug-in. Oh, and the Shady trade was HUGE...he's been carrying this offense, basically.
                          I give a lot of grief towards Whaley for his mistakes, but he's definitely made some sound football moves. I've never called for him to be replaced. However, as we all know, the real puppet master is Russ Brandon. He's the one who truly deserves the credit.

Comment

Working...
                          X