• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cali512
    • Jan 2012

After all these years, people here dont know football anymore

I haven't posted here in a while but I need to say a few things

1. Anthony Lynn and Dennis Thurmans bills are 4-0. How does anyone not see that? I rarely ever here this mentioned around here. Our tempo and quick passing mixed with our playmakers makes for an elite team
    2. What about Lorenzo Alexander? This isn't a fluke. We saw it in preseason, I believe he had 3 sacks. This is an elite player. All game long you see him getting constant pressure. Its like people are so afraid to give him props. I've seen him use every pass rush move in the book, he's elite.
    3. How come in all posts I've seen, no one mentions the fact that 5-10 different offensive players are getting the ball? With Roman it was Mccoy, Gills, Watkins, Woods, Goodwin, and maybe Clay, now take that and include, Tate, Felton, Bush, Powell, and O Leary. These are role players getting involved
    4. TYROD IS ELITE. HOLY **** YALL SOUND clueless in some threads. Do none of yall watch Rodgers? Wilson? Luck? Every QB in the NFL misses the passes Tyrod does! He misses maybe 1-2 easy passes which is more than I can say about the elites. Also please watch freakin Wilson play. Does anyone at all realize he makes the same bad plays we criticize Tyrod for? Holding the ball a little to long. Trying to make a play. Also Wilson does those 1-2 yard scrambles people freak out on multiple times a game. Its ridiculous people don't see the progression under Lynn. Does anyone remember EJs first win?? It was vs Carolina and Cam Newton. He looked terrible, and everyone mentioned how he looked like a bust. This was not his rookie year. Fans do not understand good QB play because the watch with to much emotion.
    5. Time management. First and foremost I have no idea how anyone call our 2 minute drill vs I think STL a failure. We got 3 but we took the ball down the field in 2 minutes to inside their 20 and had 3 shots with around 30 seconds. That was a great drive yet everyone acted like it was a negative. Wtf
    Last edited by Cali512; 10-19-2016, 01:14 AM.
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions
  • feldspar
    • Mar 2007

Re: After all these years, people here dont know football anymore

Thank you for schooling everybody.

Comment

• Topas
      German smartass
      • Feb 2014

my 2 cents.

> 1. Anthony Lynn and Dennis Thurmans bills are 4-0.
      yes, and that is good. Nonetheless we have to consider the opponents.

> 2. What about Lorenzo Alexander? This isn't a fluke. ... he's elite.
      Agree. And not. He is not fluke but I disagree that he is elite. But that is a good disagreement to have. Maybe we just enjoy his play and do not think that much about ordering his yellow jacket.

> 3. How come in all posts I've seen, no one mentions the fact that 5-10 different offensive players are getting the ball?

Yes. Thats is also due to Sammy being injured. The number will decrease when/if Sammy is back. But it is definitely nice to see.

> 4. TYROD IS ELITE. HOLY **** YALL SOUND clueless in some threads.
      Ok, then I am also clueless. I am no Tyrod basher. He is better then everybody since Kelly. So that is good. The bad news that this is not such a hard thing considering the competition. But I am positive, expecially since we only have two WR2 receivers (Woods and Clay) and some scrubs otherwise. So it is not that easy for Tyrod.
      I am also fine with his contract. The Madden players here say you can have him play out his contract. But that is a huge distraction. And we do not have this distraction now. And we have a good "proof it" contract.

> 5. Time management.
      I dont remember the details of the drive you mentioned.
      Last edited by Topas; 10-19-2016, 04:42 AM.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
        Skoobasaurus-Rex
        • Oct 2011

Where's my diploma ?? I want to hang it by my Devry one now !!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

I've seen the "We are 4-2" movie before. It doesn't end well.

ESPN ranking us at #7 makes it almost 80% sure that I'm going to place a bet on this game. BTW I'm not a gambler but this Dolphins game might be a lock. Take the Dolphins with the points.

Comment

• Swiper
            Legendary Zoner
            • Sep 2010

Tyrod is elite. ROFLMAO. If you think so, you don't know football. Go watch some film of Joe Montana, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, John Elway, or Dan Marino. Tyrod is not now, nor ever will be close to being elite.

Is he getting the job done recently? Sure. Barely. As a long-time Bills fan, I'll take that. But let's try to be realistic here, ok Sally?

Comment

• Swiper
              Legendary Zoner
              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by HHURRICANE View Post
              I've seen the "We are 4-2" movie before. It doesn't end well.

ESPN ranking us at #7 makes it almost 80% sure that I'm going to place a bet on this game. BTW I'm not a gambler but this Dolphins game might be a lock. Take the Dolphins with the points.
              Exactly. This is all (including the Dolphin win over Pittsburgh) points to this game taking the AFC East back to "parity". Roger Goodell likes parity.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                Skoobasaurus-Rex
                • Oct 2011

I went to the game last year, there's no parity between the teams and Buffalo is playing strong ball right now.

Comment

• GreedoII
                  • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post

1. Anthony Lynn and Dennis Thurmans bills are 4-0. How does anyone not see that? I rarely ever here this mentioned around here. Our tempo and quick passing mixed with our playmakers makes for an elite team
                  2. What about Lorenzo Alexander? This isn't a fluke. We saw it in preseason, I believe he had 3 sacks. This is an elite player. All game long you see him getting constant pressure. Its like people are so afraid to give him props. I've seen him use every pass rush move in the book, he's elite.
                  3. How come in all posts I've seen, no one mentions the fact that 5-10 different offensive players are getting the ball? With Roman it was Mccoy, Gills, Watkins, Woods, Goodwin, and maybe Clay, now take that and include, Tate, Felton, Bush, Powell, and O Leary. These are role players getting involved
                  4. TYROD IS ELITE. HOLY **** YALL SOUND clueless in some threads. Do none of yall watch Rodgers? Wilson? Luck? Every QB in the NFL misses the passes Tyrod does! He misses maybe 1-2 easy passes which is more than I can say about the elites. Also please watch freakin Wilson play. Does anyone at all realize he makes the same bad plays we criticize Tyrod for? Holding the ball a little to long. Trying to make a play. Also Wilson does those 1-2 yard scrambles people freak out on multiple times a game. Its ridiculous people don't see the progression under Lynn. Does anyone remember EJs first win?? It was vs Carolina and Cam Newton. He looked terrible, and everyone mentioned how he looked like a bust. This was not his rookie year. Fans do not understand good QB play because the watch with to much emotion.
                  5. Time management. First and foremost I have no idea how anyone call our 2 minute drill vs I think STL a failure. We got 3 but we took the ball down the field in 2 minutes to inside their 20 and had 3 shots with around 30 seconds. That was a great drive yet everyone acted like it was a negative. Wtf

Hopefully you won't post around here again for another 10 yrs.....sheesh....

Comment

• Novacane
                    • Jul 2002

Guess what? You really didn't need to say a few things.

Comment

• Mahdi
                      • Mar 2004

Tyrod missing throws is not a problem, it is the fact that he doesn't/can't make certain throws.

He does not test the intermediate/deep middle, he has trouble leading receivers in stride, and he doesn't or rarely makes throws after going through progressions.

Comment

• casdhf
                        • Jul 2002

Original poster needs to google "elite."
                        Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                        cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                          • Jul 2002

THANKS YALL!!

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Look, Alexander has been a pleasant surprise but it's stupid to say that his performance is not a fluke, at least at this point.

The guy had 9 sacks in 9 YEARS before getting 8 in the last six games. 6 games does not trump 9 years.

Now, it's possible that he's just an unusually late bloomer or maybe he simply wasn't given the opportunity to excel with his previous teams, but it's way too soon to make that call.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Turf
                              • Jul 2002

What no ones really talking about is how much better we look since Rex delegated the play calling to Thurman and is now the head coach and paying attention to the game. Not to mention how astronomically better Lynn is than Roman. I said it all along, Roman was a self absorbed egotistical maniac just out to show everyone how smart he was. Since Romans gone and Rex is coaching the way he should, everyone is clicking.

One thing Whaley needs to do if possible before the trade deadline is try and get another WR in here. We're one injury away from being neutered in the passing game.
                              Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

Working...
                              X