Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: After all these years, people here dont know football anymore

Thanks
    Thanked 1,948 Times in 1,276 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

After all these years, people here dont know football anymore

I haven't posted here in a while but I need to say a few things

1. Anthony Lynn and Dennis Thurmans bills are 4-0. How does anyone not see that? I rarely ever here this mentioned around here. Our tempo and quick passing mixed with our playmakers makes for an elite team
    2. What about Lorenzo Alexander? This isn't a fluke. We saw it in preseason, I believe he had 3 sacks. This is an elite player. All game long you see him getting constant pressure. Its like people are so afraid to give him props. I've seen him use every pass rush move in the book, he's elite.
    3. How come in all posts I've seen, no one mentions the fact that 5-10 different offensive players are getting the ball? With Roman it was Mccoy, Gills, Watkins, Woods, Goodwin, and maybe Clay, now take that and include, Tate, Felton, Bush, Powell, and O Leary. These are role players getting involved
    4. TYROD IS ELITE. HOLY **** YALL SOUND clueless in some threads. Do none of yall watch Rodgers? Wilson? Luck? Every QB in the NFL misses the passes Tyrod does! He misses maybe 1-2 easy passes which is more than I can say about the elites. Also please watch freakin Wilson play. Does anyone at all realize he makes the same bad plays we criticize Tyrod for? Holding the ball a little to long. Trying to make a play. Also Wilson does those 1-2 yard scrambles people freak out on multiple times a game. Its ridiculous people don't see the progression under Lynn. Does anyone remember EJs first win?? It was vs Carolina and Cam Newton. He looked terrible, and everyone mentioned how he looked like a bust. This was not his rookie year. Fans do not understand good QB play because the watch with to much emotion.
    5. Time management. First and foremost I have no idea how anyone call our 2 minute drill vs I think STL a failure. We got 3 but we took the ball down the field in 2 minutes to inside their 20 and had 3 shots with around 30 seconds. That was a great drive yet everyone acted like it was a negative. Wtf
    Last edited by Cali512; 10-19-2016 at 01:14 AM.
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

2. Post thanked by:

DynaPaul (10-20-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: After all these years, people here dont know football anymore

Thank you for schooling everybody.

4. Post thanked by:

Mace (10-19-2016),Novacane (10-19-2016),Skooby (10-19-2016),swiper (10-19-2016),Zero (10-19-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

my 2 cents.

> 1. Anthony Lynn and Dennis Thurmans bills are 4-0.
    yes, and that is good. Nonetheless we have to consider the opponents.

> 2. What about Lorenzo Alexander? This isn't a fluke. ... he's elite.
    Agree. And not. He is not fluke but I disagree that he is elite. But that is a good disagreement to have. Maybe we just enjoy his play and do not think that much about ordering his yellow jacket.

> 3. How come in all posts I've seen, no one mentions the fact that 5-10 different offensive players are getting the ball?

Yes. Thats is also due to Sammy being injured. The number will decrease when/if Sammy is back. But it is definitely nice to see.

> 4. TYROD IS ELITE. HOLY **** YALL SOUND clueless in some threads.
    Ok, then I am also clueless. I am no Tyrod basher. He is better then everybody since Kelly. So that is good. The bad news that this is not such a hard thing considering the competition. But I am positive, expecially since we only have two WR2 receivers (Woods and Clay) and some scrubs otherwise. So it is not that easy for Tyrod.
    I am also fine with his contract. The Madden players here say you can have him play out his contract. But that is a huge distraction. And we do not have this distraction now. And we have a good "proof it" contract.

> 5. Time management.
    I dont remember the details of the drive you mentioned.
    Last edited by Topas; 10-19-2016 at 04:42 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,214 Times in 3,683 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Where's my diploma ?? I want to hang it by my Devry one now !!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I've seen the "We are 4-2" movie before. It doesn't end well.

ESPN ranking us at #7 makes it almost 80% sure that I'm going to place a bet on this game. BTW I'm not a gambler but this Dolphins game might be a lock. Take the Dolphins with the points.

8. Post thanked by:

swiper (10-19-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Tyrod is elite. ROFLMAO. If you think so, you don't know football. Go watch some film of Joe Montana, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, John Elway, or Dan Marino. Tyrod is not now, nor ever will be close to being elite.

Is he getting the job done recently? Sure. Barely. As a long-time Bills fan, I'll take that. But let's try to be realistic here, ok Sally?

10. Post thanked by:

Lone Stranger (10-19-2016),pmoon6 (10-19-2016),WagonCircler (10-19-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HHURRICANE View Post
    I've seen the "We are 4-2" movie before. It doesn't end well.

ESPN ranking us at #7 makes it almost 80% sure that I'm going to place a bet on this game. BTW I'm not a gambler but this Dolphins game might be a lock. Take the Dolphins with the points.
    Exactly. This is all (including the Dolphin win over Pittsburgh) points to this game taking the AFC East back to "parity". Roger Goodell likes parity.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,214 Times in 3,683 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I went to the game last year, there's no parity between the teams and Buffalo is playing strong ball right now.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Cali512 View Post

1. Anthony Lynn and Dennis Thurmans bills are 4-0. How does anyone not see that? I rarely ever here this mentioned around here. Our tempo and quick passing mixed with our playmakers makes for an elite team
    2. What about Lorenzo Alexander? This isn't a fluke. We saw it in preseason, I believe he had 3 sacks. This is an elite player. All game long you see him getting constant pressure. Its like people are so afraid to give him props. I've seen him use every pass rush move in the book, he's elite.
    3. How come in all posts I've seen, no one mentions the fact that 5-10 different offensive players are getting the ball? With Roman it was Mccoy, Gills, Watkins, Woods, Goodwin, and maybe Clay, now take that and include, Tate, Felton, Bush, Powell, and O Leary. These are role players getting involved
    4. TYROD IS ELITE. HOLY **** YALL SOUND clueless in some threads. Do none of yall watch Rodgers? Wilson? Luck? Every QB in the NFL misses the passes Tyrod does! He misses maybe 1-2 easy passes which is more than I can say about the elites. Also please watch freakin Wilson play. Does anyone at all realize he makes the same bad plays we criticize Tyrod for? Holding the ball a little to long. Trying to make a play. Also Wilson does those 1-2 yard scrambles people freak out on multiple times a game. Its ridiculous people don't see the progression under Lynn. Does anyone remember EJs first win?? It was vs Carolina and Cam Newton. He looked terrible, and everyone mentioned how he looked like a bust. This was not his rookie year. Fans do not understand good QB play because the watch with to much emotion.
    5. Time management. First and foremost I have no idea how anyone call our 2 minute drill vs I think STL a failure. We got 3 but we took the ball down the field in 2 minutes to inside their 20 and had 3 shots with around 30 seconds. That was a great drive yet everyone acted like it was a negative. Wtf

Hopefully you won't post around here again for another 10 yrs.....sheesh....

14. Post thanked by:

WagonCircler (10-19-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,356 Times in 7,251 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Guess what? You really didn't need to say a few things.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,184 Times in 712 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Tyrod missing throws is not a problem, it is the fact that he doesn't/can't make certain throws.

He does not test the intermediate/deep middle, he has trouble leading receivers in stride, and he doesn't or rarely makes throws after going through progressions.

17. Post thanked by:

k-oneputt (10-19-2016),WagonCircler (10-19-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Original poster needs to google "elite."
    Quote Originally Posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

19. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (10-19-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 512 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

THANKS YALL!!

Thanks
    Thanked 26,214 Times in 13,680 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Look, Alexander has been a pleasant surprise but it's stupid to say that his performance is not a fluke, at least at this point.

The guy had 9 sacks in 9 YEARS before getting 8 in the last six games. 6 games does not trump 9 years.

Now, it's possible that he's just an unusually late bloomer or maybe he simply wasn't given the opportunity to excel with his previous teams, but it's way too soon to make that call.

22. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (10-19-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,480 Times in 1,478 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

What no ones really talking about is how much better we look since Rex delegated the play calling to Thurman and is now the head coach and paying attention to the game. Not to mention how astronomically better Lynn is than Roman. I said it all along, Roman was a self absorbed egotistical maniac just out to show everyone how smart he was. Since Romans gone and Rex is coaching the way he should, everyone is clicking.

One thing Whaley needs to do if possible before the trade deadline is try and get another WR in here. We're one injury away from being neutered in the passing game.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

24. Post thanked by:

toto8 (10-19-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

elite...elite...elite
    c856a793cb9254bd49e82c67610a07e311d69d99274a4d7c74602986beef6658.jpg
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings

26. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (10-19-2016),The last buffalo fan (10-19-2016)

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Ah yes, username Cali512...the guy who brought us such threads as:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...-QB?highlight=

Geno Smith will be the future Bills QB

Hes exactly what Gailey wants in a QB.
    Geno and Gailey are together now and certainly lighting the league up.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...eam?highlight=

Why are the jets a major marketing team?
    Someone couldn't figure out why a team that is linked to NYC is considered to be playing in a major market.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...arr?highlight=

Derek Carr

Looked like Johnny knoxville with his helmet on. Everyome in my house thought he looked stoned the whole game. Thoughts?
    You guys are all wrong for having an ounce of doubt in this team and trying to have meaningful discussions about it. Let's instead talk about how stoned Derek Carr looks.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...ick?highlight=

Mannion is my pick

I feel Mannion can be the Flacco, Foles, at least Glennon in this draft. He also is the only QB that looks and plays like a Nfl QB. Grayson and Mannion are the only QBs who make nfl throws.
    Sean Mannion and Garrett Grayson, not Mariota or Winston.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...out?highlight=

Jarron Gilbert- I can honestly say i was the only player who even followed this guy the year he was drafted.

Russell Wilson- I was the first person that even mentioned him here and started his hype on the forum.

David Nelson- The year Nelson was drafted i had a poll saying who will be the best UDFA of the year. I was the only one to say David Nelson.
    Are you guys reading what this clown writes? I have to think he's just trolling.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...ear?highlight=

I can see a lot of blocked kicks this year

Carrington and Boobie are good for at least 3 a year together. Mario and Dareus have a blocked kick every other year. Robey, Easley and Hogan probably would have success rushing the punter due to blitzing and pure special teams will. With Connor and Felton playing inside on punts. This might be an area that may be getting back to the glory days.

Carrington had 4 blocked FGs with one in the preseason his last year here. Dareus had one that year too. Mario, Carrington, Dareus, Williams, Charles, Lawson, Bryant, with Robey and Easily rushing from the sides on FGs.
    We had 0 blocks that year. Nice thread, good discussion.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...fun?highlight=

All EJ needs to do is have fun

I feel this is EJs biggest issue.
    QUICK!!! SOMEONE LET REX KNOW WHAT EJ'S BIGGEST PROBLEM IS!!!

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...out?highlight=

Would playoffs of effected Opt out?

Since this was the date, would playoffs of messed up marrones plan? If so, than Im 100% convinced that Marrone sabatoged our season.
    Clearly Marrone missed the playoffs on purpose so instead of earning a pay raise/extension as our HC, he'd rather go coach Jacksonville's offensive line.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...ses?highlight=

Marrones biggest issue, forcing deep passes
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...all?highlight=

Marrones biggest downfall, lack of short ball
    These two threads were started within 12 minutes of each other.

You all need to get on this guy's level, clearly we're the idiots.

28. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (10-19-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,438 Times in 7,062 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

After all these years, people here dont know football anymore

4. TYROD IS ELITE.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Joe, that is some elite analysis.

31. Post thanked by:

Joe Fo Sho (10-19-2016)

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,009 Times in 4,235 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

You lost all credibility when you used "YALL" in your arguments.

Go eat some more paint.