Thread: The Canadian game is both beautiful and unique

The Meathead of Muslims! ticatfan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,538 Times in 2,765 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The Canadian game is both beautiful and unique

Canadian football can be strange.

I played it for 10 years and watched the CFL with a close eye from a strangely young age. I’ve spent countless hours either in a film room educating myself on the game or sitting in front of a television hearing Chris Cuthbert and Glen Suitor explain the rules and their implications.

Yet still, once or twice a season, we are served a reminder just how unique our game is.

It’s easy to forget all the intricacies of Canadian football which separate it from or american counter parts. Yes the field is bigger. Yes the field goal posts are at the front of the end zone, but it’s far more than that.

My most recent reminder of how strange and beautiful the Canadian game can be came in Week 17 in Toronto on the last play of the first half.

Argos quarterback Drew Willy caught my eye at first for evading about six different Saskatchewan Roughriders in the pocket. This could have been a headline on its own as Willy has struggled to feel pressure and manoeuvre the pocket since donning double blue, but what followed next was a slice of Canadianity as thick as grandma’s family famous apple pie.

It doesn’t matter what your citizenship says; if you break the line of scrimmage and try to throw the football you will not be successful. Instead of throwing, Willy, realizing all his receivers had run vertically, kicked the ball.more...
    http://www.cfl.ca/2016/10/25/ferguso...utiful-unique/
    Political correctness ( or cancel culture as it is called today) is a doctrine fostered by a delusional ,illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by MSM which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
    Harry S Truman 1941.

2. Post thanked by:

Mace (10-26-2016)