• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joe Fo Sho
    Making Spirits Bright
    • Mar 2006

Re: Stats for Taylors first 25 starts

Originally posted by Mace View Post
    Tap dancing was invented in the 1800's, Fo Sho, that was a bit of a reach.
    Yeah, maybe mainstream tap dancing was..

Comment

• Mace
      Haha...yeah you think so ?
      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
      Yeah, maybe mainstream tap dancing was..
      Ok, got me on that one.

Comment

• X-Era
        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by mdcas22 View Post
        Taylor is gonna cost 27 mil if he is on the roster next year, not to mention Taylor is a 6 year vet compared to Big Ben in his rookie year where he won a Super Bowl and Russel Wilson led the seahawks to a Super Bowl in year 2, Brady had a SuperBowl in year 1 as a starter, do I need to go on?
        I dont care what he costs, I care what cap hit he has. Spotrac has it at 15.9.

The Buffalo Bills 2017 salary cap table, including team cap space, dead cap figures, and complete breakdowns of player cap hits, salaries, and bonuses.

Comment

• Mace
          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
          I dont care what he costs, I care what cap hit he has. Spotrac has it at 15.9.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/2017/
          I care about his results. This game against Oakland was a perfect example why an efficient smallball elusive running QB who can't occasionally pass his way down the field when necessary, won't beat a team with QB who can.

Anyone who watched this game has to be able to see it.
          Last edited by Mace; 12-04-2016, 06:03 PM.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
            Peterman Sucks!
            • Mar 2006

Minus the Browns, the Bills have the worst QB in the NFL.

If you don't watch other games, then you wouldn't notice just how awful Tyord is as a passer.

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Werent Ben and Wilson rookies?

Brady and Brees didnt start in their 5th year either.
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• WagonCircler
                Escaped Convict
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                Root.

Not route.
                I prefer route in this case. As in, "Take a left on Route 5 and keep driving until you're far, far from here."

Comment

• WagonCircler
                  Escaped Convict
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                  Minus the Browns, the Bills have the worst QB in the NFL.

If you don't watch other games, then you wouldn't notice just how awful Tyord is as a passer.
                  Kaepernick is worse. But probably nobody else.

Comment

• X-Era
                    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                    • Feb 2005

I care about his results. This game against Oakland was a perfect example why an efficient smallball elusive running QB who can't occasionally pass his way down the field when necessary, won't beat a team with QB who can.

Anyone who watched this game has to be able to see it.
                    Banged up Watkins who dropped plenty of passes, 3rd, 4th, and 5th WR's who were likely not open a lot of the game, and a ton of pressure...On a team that uses a run heavy offense but suddenly decided to run the spread in this game.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                      Escaped Convict
                      • Jul 2002

Banged up Watkins who dropped plenty of passes, 3rd, 4th, and 5th WR's who were likely not open a lot of the game, and a ton of pressure...On a team that uses a run heavy offense but suddenly decided to run the spread in this game.
                      Dropped plenty of passes? Poorly thrown passes that nearly got him killed.

How anybody could watch that game and still defend Tyrod as a potential franchise QB is baffling.

Comment

• Mace
                        • Mar 2013

Agree, it was dumb to go with a passing attack because we don't have a QB who can execute one, but the thing (early at least), they were using the pass sweetly to set up the run. Later they had to pass because they were desperate.

There are times when a run heavy attack just won't take you through a whole game. Like down 38-24, you can't keep running. You can't keep running when clock becomes a factor. Those are times they need Taylor to take the team downfield on his arm and he can't. Game manager QB's like Alex Smith even do this.

Why don't they use McCoy, Gillislee, Bush with a short timing, quick release passing game. Even Felton has shown he can catch. Those too are the plays that can set up runs, tire out an opponent, and march downfield. Quick slants are better than downfield routes when your receivers are gimped, not for us though.

They're all basic plays Taylor should have down, Lynn as well, the backs, receivers.

Taylor had the same issues he always has when he HAS to pass, trouble with reads, no sense of rhythm, no command, no touch, no directing receivers open. He got is 18 completions to stay near his average, but he doesn't command drives when he needs to with his arm.

For a vet in his 2nd year with his offense, he's robotic and just not good enough.
                        Last edited by Mace; 12-05-2016, 06:09 PM.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                          Peterman Sucks!
                          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
                          Kaepernick is worse. But probably nobody else.
                          I wouldn't go that far.

Kaep can actually throw the ball when it becomes necessary to do so.

He'll make some dumb mistakes but he actually tries, Tyrod is too afraid to do almost anything.

I'm sure someone will point out that he was absolutely horrible this past weekend and got benched, which is true. Although i would have benched Taylor as well Sunday. However, Kaep still went out and threw for almost 400 yards vs the Saints a month ago. Threw for almost 300 and ran for over 100 against the Dolphins.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                            Escaped Convict
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                            I wouldn't go that far.

Kaep can actually throw the ball when it becomes necessary to do so..
                            Well, then you'd be wrong.

Kaepernick's arm is a joke.

Tyrod's a bad QB, but his arm is way better than Kaepernick's. And it's not even close.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                              Peterman Sucks!
                              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
                              Well, then you'd be wrong.

Kaepernick's arm is a joke.

Tyrod's a bad QB, but his arm is way better than Kaepernick's. And it's not even close.
                              Let me know the next time Tyrod throws for 300 yards in a game. Kaep's done that more times this year than Tyrod has his entire career. Let me know when Tyrod leads a team on a 4th quarter drive to win a game. Kaep's done that 8 times.

Everyone here loves pointing out how Tyrod Taylor protects the football. INT rate of 1.7%, Kaep's rate? 1.8%

TD rate? 4.2% vs 4.1%, edge Kaep.

YPA? 7.3 vs 7.2, edge Kaep.

They're pretty much the same exact player, difference is Kaep can throw the ball when he's put in a situation where has to and has lead a team to a Superbowl.

Comment

• Historian
                                2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                                • Dec 2002

Why don't they use McCoy, Gillislee, Bush with a short timing, quick release passing game. Even Felton has shown he can catch. Those too are the plays that can set up runs, tire out an opponent, and march downfield. Quick slants are better than downfield routes when your receivers are gimped, not for us though.
                                They're all basic plays Taylor should have down, Lynn as well, the backs, receivers.
                                Because Tyrod has no touch pass is his arsenal.

He can throw deep. We've seen this. We've seen him hit Watkins and Goodwin for TD bombs in the past.

What he doesn't have, is a touch pass. A screen, a quick out, anything short that requires him to take a little off the ball.

That's why.

Can that be coached?

I don't know, but it seems to me that it should be easier to coach the short stuff, or high percentage stuff, than it is the deep ball.

Comment

Working...
                                X