Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Put Cardale in.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Put Cardale in.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jokeman View Post
    As well his usual carefulness of not turning the ball over.
    That too.

Tyrod had a poor week and only put up 14 in my league this week, but last week he had 23, 29 against Seattle, 18 against NE, 26 against Miami, 23 against SF, 20 against LA, 19 in the first NE game.

He's averaging 20 PPG. Dalton is averaging 20 PPG. Flacco 18. Stafford 22. Palmer 20. Obviously he's no Drew Brees who's averaging 32 but not every QB is Drew Brees.

Taylor is a decent starter for fantasy purposes and a good backup.

2. Post thanked by:

TacklingDummy (12-05-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ingtar33 View Post
    we're not out of the playoffs.

We need to win out to have a chance at making it; but winning 4 straight is entirely possible with the remaining schedule. Until we lose one more you don't throw the towel in.

this was the beer talking.

1) we weren't going to beat the Raiders yesterday. I think we all knew it going in. The Raiders are a legit top 4 team in the NFL. going to the west coast and beating them in their own house? wasn't going to happen. Furthermore Tyrod going 3 and out had little to nothing to do with the raiders comeback. That was all on the defense collapsing like a house of cards, and David Carr doing what a top teir QB does, carve up a defense. I knew what was going to happen the moment I saw the score was 24-9. I thought "well, here comes 4 straight scoring drives from the Raiders"; of course I didn't quite expect them to roll up 29 points in those drives, but the point stands, that's a top end offense. Our mediocre defense wasn't going to slow it down.

2) EJ is a disaster. please don't post when drunk.
    Taylor threw for less than 200 yards against Oakland, even though the Raiders had a weak/questionable secondary. As usual, receivers were getting open without being targeted. The Bills' running game produced more yards than the passing game.

The Raiders have the 29th ranked defense in the NFL, the 24th ranked pass defense, and the 5th rated offense. You expect an offense like Oakland's to put up its share of points. But you also hope your own team's passing game can help balance that out.

Tyrod Taylor had 72 passing yards on that first Bills drive. The result of that drive was a FG. Taylor threw for 59 yards in garbage time. Of the 191 passing yards Taylor had for the game, 131 were from that first drive, or from garbage time.

On the three TD drives, Taylor had 27 passing yards during the first, 0 passing yards for the second, and 22 passing yards on the third. That's 49 passing yards, total, over the course of those three TD drives, compared to 146 yards from the running game on those three drives. 12 of those rushing yards came from Taylor. All three TDs were rushing TDs, including a rushing TD from Taylor.

As a passer Taylor did almost nothing against Oakland, except for that first drive (FG), and except for a few passes in garbage time when the Raiders were giving him the underneath stuff. The Bills needed much more than that from their passing game, if they were going to take advantage of Oakland's weak pass defense while keeping pace with the Raiders' dynamic offense.
    Last edited by Arm of Harm; 12-05-2016 at 08:27 PM.

4. Post thanked by:

Mace (12-06-2016),Night Train (12-06-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 Times in 1,428 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    That too.

Tyrod had a poor week and only put up 14 in my league this week, but last week he had 23, 29 against Seattle, 18 against NE, 26 against Miami, 23 against SF, 20 against LA, 19 in the first NE game.

He's averaging 20 PPG. Dalton is averaging 20 PPG. Flacco 18. Stafford 22. Palmer 20. Obviously he's no Drew Brees who's averaging 32 but not every QB is Drew Brees.

Taylor is a decent starter for fantasy purposes and a good backup.
    I know he's my back up to Carson Palmer in one league.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,436 Times in 925 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by djjimkelly View Post
    im sorry to say this

BUT cardale jones is not an nfl player. im sorry he doesnt even belong on the roster

from an improving our draft position put him in

but trust me cardale jones is less of a qb then tyrod is.
    Totally agree. The guy reminds me of a hybrid of Byron Leftwich and Jamarcus Russell. Why the hell would Whaley draft this guy?

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Unfortunately, Cardale is still going to be our "developmental" guy next year, which will make it pretty unlikely that the Bills will draft a guy who REALLY has a chance to develop into something over time...just another complete waste of time, and that's my opinion.

We aren't going to draft any QB until WAY late in the draft unless we don't pick up Tyrod's option, ask me. We'll have Tyrod as the starter, and then Cardale as the developmental guy...the real projected backup up is likely to be a veteran we'll pickup in free agency somehow. Shaun Hill or somebody. I figure EJ to be gone.

The only way we'll get any sort of real prospect (if there is one) would be if they dump Tyrod. But I just don't think they are going to do that.

..my thoughts, not my wishes...

8. Post thanked by:

Mace (12-06-2016)

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,494 Times in 9,189 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    Unfortunately, Cardale is still going to be our "developmental" guy next year, which will make it pretty unlikely that the Bills will draft a guy who REALLY has a chance to develop into something over time...just another complete waste of time, and that's my opinion.

We aren't going to draft any QB until WAY late in the draft unless we don't pick up Tyrod's option, ask me. We'll have Tyrod as the starter, and then Cardale as the developmental guy...the real projected backup up is likely to be a veteran we'll pickup in free agency somehow. Shaun Hill or somebody. I figure EJ to be gone.

The only way we'll get any sort of real prospect (if there is one) would be if they dump Tyrod. But I just don't think they are going to do that.

Heh. Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if they keep EJ either. Whaley doesn't like getting rid of his guys, and whether it was he or Nix who drafted him, Whaley stepped up and said he was in the decision process. Not a lot of proven vet FA options who can wildcat or read option unless they get someone elses EJ.

You have to figure they will want a guy who can run their offense as intended, you can see how they intend it, and that means run.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,096 Times in 3,575 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post

Who should the Bills draft at QB and in what round? I'd say they'll probably take Chad Kelly in the 4th or 5th.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal View Post
    Who should the Bills draft at QB and in what round? I'd say they'll probably take Chad Kelly in the 4th or 5th.
    If the Bills follow the formula of getting an athletic QB later then sooner than Josh Dobbs would be on their radar. Yet Whaley knows all too well we're in QB purgatory so maybe he risks it all and drafts DaShaun Watson in Round 1.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

If the Bills follow the formula of getting an athletic QB later then sooner than Josh Dobbs would be on their radar. Yet Whaley knows all too well we're in QB purgatory so maybe he risks it all and drafts DaShaun Watson in Round 1.
    If Watson is all that, he'll be gone well before the Bills pick (mid-1st). There are 4 (Browns, 49'ers, Bears, Cards), and arguably 6 (Jets and Jags), teams who will draft before the Bills who need a QB.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal View Post
    If Watson is all that, he'll be gone well before the Bills pick (mid-1st). There are 4 (Browns, 49'ers, Bears, Cards), and arguably 6 (Jets and Jags), teams who will draft before the Bills who need a QB.
    I don't trust Watson but he might be the best QB available to the Bills in the 1st Round.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I don't trust Watson but he might be the best QB available to the Bills in the 1st Round.
    Doesn't matter. He'll be gone in the top-10.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,473 Times in 7,090 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Pass at 1:00 mark is a pass Tyrod cant see therefore wont make.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybKuO8fqaOU

again, pass at 1:00 is what we're missing
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjBMpUa8MEo

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cynical View Post
    Put Cardale in.
    This is the stupidest idea of the year so far. That guy is crap in a gift-wrapped crap package. ALL THREE QBS will be gone next year (thank goodness).