Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyrod rant

Thanks
    Thanked 12,437 Times in 7,298 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Tyrod rant

X-Era change your name to 8-8forever-era!

2. Post thanked by:

justasportsfan (12-08-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 26,319 Times in 13,738 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ICRockets View Post
    Cut the 3 black guys, including the one we know nothing about.

Sign a white guy.

I'm sure it's just a coincidence that your plan cuts precisely along a racial divide, though, right?
    Seriously? I think Romo sucks but this post is completely disingenuous. You know damn well it has nothing to do with race.

Also Romo's Mexican.

4. Post thanked by:

BertSquirtgum (12-08-2016),Mace (12-08-2016),Novacane (12-08-2016),WagonCircler (12-08-2016),Yasgur's Farm (12-08-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,483 Times in 7,097 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by X-Era View Post
    How is anyone questioning whether to let Tyrod walk or not?

[*]Do we really want to pay for Tony Romo? Who lost his job to a rookie, will ask for more money that Tyrod next year, and who has never won a SB?
    WOW! This is a post that puts the liberal media who said that Trump had no chance of winning the republican vote and the presidency to shame.

Romo lost his job due to injury. Not because he's a crappy qb.
    The rookie who replaced him happens to make (pardon my rudeness) Tyrod look like Stevie Wonder playing qb.

[*]Do we really think Tyrod is the problem when we're a run heavy offense in a passing league, Our #1 WR has basically been out all year, we really dont have a true #2 WR on the roster, Robert Woods isn't being played
    when you qb cant see open receivers, yes the qb is the problem.
    When your QB runs out of the pocket because his first read is not open in 1 second. Yes, the qb is the problem.
    When the qb insist on taking a sack instead of throwing the ball away, yes your qb is the problem.
    When your qb cant read the middle of the field, yes the qb is the problem. Neither Clay or O"Leary got stupid in less than a season.

where he should be (in the slot), and we've been forced to start walk-on's and #4, 5, even 6 WR's on the depth chart?[*]Do we really want a pocket passer with our OL? We don't have the OL of Dal or Oak
    Our OL is not as bad as you make it out to be. Even when Tyrod had plenty of time to throw, he is misfiring a lot.

his abilities as a runner,
    a better passer can extend a play with his arms to you know. It only opens things up for McCoy even more.

and his deep ball this isn't a tough choice. Keep him..
    It's not like you cant find a player who can throw a deep ball. Have you seen Cardale's deep ball? We're not calling Fitz back are we?
    And if Whaley stays (likely) and Rex stays (not as likley) he will be kept. If we have a new HC all bets are off and he could be gone. But personally, I'd rather just keep him and improve the OL and weapons. He's not our problem.
    My guess is, we want have a choice but to keep Tyrod. I would rather find a better coach who can coach him up because neither Rex nor David Lee are the ones to do it. And NO,no,no, to keeping Rex. We're not going to the sb with him.
    Last edited by justasportsfan; 12-08-2016 at 09:33 AM.

6. Post thanked by:

BertSquirtgum (12-08-2016),The last buffalo fan (12-09-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 Times in 4,053 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Taylor is not seeing wide open WRs. He's holding the ball too long and not feeling the pressure. And a lot of of times when he does complete a pass, the poor ball placement causes the WR to slow down/jump/dive, putting them in dangerous positions and costing YAC. And he's not improving in any of these areas as he gains experience.
    What experience is he really gaining? All of those issues are coachable and trainable. The more practice he gets with healthy receivers in a steady offense, the better their timing is going to be. Because that's what it comes down to, is timing and comfort.

My issue isn't with people who disagree with me about Tyrod. It's with the gall they have to suggest that we can honestly dismiss Tyrod's future potential when we've had this many injuries to our WRs and with a coach who is as much of a joke as Rex Ryan. I don't trust the judgment of anybody who thinks they've seen enough to write off Tyrod Taylor. They haven't.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

It's like we've been walking through the desert searching for water and are *****ing because we found a muddy puddle.
    There's nothing wrong with looking for a horse that can take us out of the desert because the mule we have can even see 10-20 yards out which is why we are still drinking mud.

I would even settle for a camel that can get us out of the desert and into a 5 star beach resort with the Dallas cheerleaders waiting for us in the hot tub all the tropical booze drinks we want.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,319 Times in 13,738 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

What experience is he really gaining? All of those issues are coachable and trainable. The more practice he gets with healthy receivers in a steady offense, the better their timing is going to be. Because that's what it comes down to, is timing and comfort.

My issue isn't with people who disagree with me about Tyrod. It's with the gall they have to suggest that we can honestly dismiss Tyrod's future potential when we've had this many injuries to our WRs and with a coach who is as much of a joke as Rex Ryan. I don't trust the judgment of anybody who thinks they've seen enough to write off Tyrod Taylor. They haven't.
    Here's the problem though: Stupid Whaley gave him that stupid contract. So, if we keep him, the contract makes it almost impossible to cut or trade him for I believe 3 years due to the salary cap ramifications. If we keep him we are basically stuck with him for the next three years. If the problem is that he doesn't have the tools around him, fine, we will get there. If what you see is what you get, it means 3 more years of hovering around .500 followed by 2 years of rebuilding before we can think about winning.

10. Post thanked by:

BertSquirtgum (12-08-2016),Bill Cody (12-08-2016),Mace (12-08-2016),Victor7 (12-08-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 853 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
    Your post is an idiot... It makes racist accusations out of thin air.
    id rather play EJ then tyrod he is lighter skinned im racist lol

12. Post thanked by:

Yasgur's Farm (12-08-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

2017: $33,603,334
    2018: $17,690,000 (addt'l $9.75M kicks in on the 3rd league day)
    2019: $10,660,000
    2020: $6,880,000
    2021: $3,100,000

if the bills pay him 33 million im putting in an application for something in the bills head office because apparently they are giving away money to anyone

14. Post thanked by:

Albany,n.y. (12-08-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Here's the problem though: Stupid Whaley gave him that stupid contract. So, if we keep him, the contract makes it almost impossible to cut or trade him for I believe 3 years due to the salary cap ramifications. If we keep him we are basically stuck with him for the next three years. If the problem is that he doesn't have the tools around him, fine, we will get there. If what you see is what you get, it means 3 more years of hovering around .500 followed by 2 years of rebuilding before we can think about winning.
    So what's the solution? Cut bait and spend the exact same money, if not more, on Tony Romo? Have "stupid Whaley" draft someone and hope they're good, despite the implication that a "stupid" GM is unlikely to draft the right guy?

Newsflash: There are 32 teams in the NFL. Only one of them ends the season happy. Throwing a tantrum because we think we're entitled to being that team because we're SUCH WONDERFUL FANS is a surefire way to never be that team. You know how ****ing stupid some of our fellow posters are, Op. You think they won't drive the next guy out of town just as fast as they're calling for Tyrod's head? Tyrod has the contract he has. It's certainly not the worst on the team (Hi, Jerry!). If next season rolls around, we stay healthy, and Tyrod still has the same flaws that he has this season then we can move forward and try to determine the best way out from under his deal. But right now we simply cannot confidently say that's how it's going to end, and even if it does I'm not about to give anybody who predicted it the credit they think they'll deserve. Like I said, 31 out of 32 teams end the season disappointed. Staking your reputation on the claim that we're going to be one of them should not impress anybody.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

So what's the solution? Cut bait and spend the exact same money, if not more, on Tony Romo? Have "stupid Whaley" draft someone and hope they're good, despite the implication that a "stupid" GM is unlikely to draft the right guy?

Newsflash: There are 32 teams in the NFL. Only one of them ends the season happy. Throwing a tantrum because we think we're entitled to being that team because we're SUCH WONDERFUL FANS is a surefire way to never be that team. You know how ****ing stupid some of our fellow posters are, Op. You think they won't drive the next guy out of town just as fast as they're calling for Tyrod's head? Tyrod has the contract he has. It's certainly not the worst on the team (Hi, Jerry!). If next season rolls around, we stay healthy, and Tyrod still has the same flaws that he has this season then we can move forward and try to determine the best way out from under his deal. But right now we simply cannot confidently say that's how it's going to end, and even if it does I'm not about to give anybody who predicted it the credit they think they'll deserve. Like I said, 31 out of 32 teams end the season disappointed. Staking your reputation on the claim that we're going to be one of them should not impress anybody.
    this franchise would be overjoyed with a blowout loss in the wildcard round

17. Post thanked by:

jamze132 (12-09-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,953 Times in 3,503 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Point 1: I have to admit, Tie Rod Taylor is better than I thought he would be. I thought he was going to be terrible. He's not. He's mediocre. More on that later in the post.

Point 2: This thread is kind of funny and kind of disturbing too. No poster should have their fan card questioned or be called a racist if they dare question the quality of the QB/QB's on this team. If we can't have a nice chat and disagree about all things Bills, go ahead and shut down the site now because that's the whole point of this forum. And 16 years of futility makes those kind of remarks particularly ridiculous, Bills fans care and they all deserve a decent product to watch.

Point 3: Some people are satisfied watching competitive games. By and large this team is competitive. And for some that watch the games to be entertained that's enough. No problem from me with that view. But there are others here that aren't satisfied with a goal of being 10-6 and getting into the playoffs on the 3rd tie breaker only to lose on the road 24-3. For this group, and count me in this group, nothing short of hoisting the Lombardi trophy is going to be enough. Yeah, I'll say it, we want to be like the Patriots, championship driven. And for us, Tie Rod isn't good enough and will never be if he gets a million "reps". Rex will never be no matter how many years/teams he's with. And Doug Whaley won't be either. We might be wrong but we've watched and we've made our conclusions. And yeah we're still Bills fans.

19. Post thanked by:

Albany,n.y. (12-08-2016),BertSquirtgum (12-08-2016),Mace (12-08-2016),Novacane (12-08-2016),The last buffalo fan (12-09-2016)

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Tyrod has improved how much in the 2 years that he's been starting for us?

2015 - 217 yards/game, 63.7 Comp %, 1.42 TDs/game, 0.43 INTs/game, 99.4 QB Rating
    2016 - 191 Yards/game, 60.6 Comp %, 0.92 TDs/game, 0.42 INTs/game, 84.6 QB Rating

Why do you think he's going to improve? Is it just because you're such a good Bills fan and you deserve to see the Bills in the playoffs?

21. Post thanked by:

Arm of Harm (12-08-2016),BertSquirtgum (12-09-2016),Mace (12-08-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

So what's the solution? Cut bait and spend the exact same money, if not more, on Tony Romo?
    in 2014 , Romo had 3,705 yards 34 TDS 9 INt's with Murray as his running back. Murray had 1845 yds.

The pass opened up the run and the run opened up the pass.

Tyrod at qb does not help open things up for Shady. Shady's dynamic run game means nothing to the offense because Tyrod is a below average passer.

34 TD's....I'll take my chances with Romo and still draft a qb.

23. Post thanked by:

BertSquirtgum (12-08-2016),TacklingDummy (12-08-2016),The last buffalo fan (12-09-2016),Victor7 (12-08-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,319 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

A typical asinine post from you.

First of all, like EJ's issues, Tyrod's problems are NOT trainable. You can either quickly analyze complex visual information, or you cannot. It's a rare gift. Same goes for accuracy. Tyrod's horrendous accuracy has nothing to do with his receivers. And he has better protection than most QB's.

But no, you stick to the bizarre "every criticism of a black person is racism" thing. It's exactly the kind of thing that comforts small minded idiots like you.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
    Tyrod has improved how much in the 2 years that he's been starting for us?

2015 - 217 yards/game, 63.7 Comp %, 1.42 TDs/game, 0.43 INTs/game, 99.4 QB Rating
    2016 - 191 Yards/game, 60.6 Comp %, 0.92 TDs/game, 0.42 INTs/game, 84.6 QB Rating

Why do you think he's going to improve? Is it just because you're such a good Bills fan and you deserve to see the Bills in the playoffs?
    I try to see the forest instead of focusing on individual trees. We've got a few nice trees on this team. Tyrod might grow into one of them. He also might not. But we can plant nice trees around him and still improve our forest. That feels like the smarter long-term move for our team than cutting Tyrod this offseason after the abysmal luck we've had with WR injuries.

I get it, there's nothing narratively or rhetorically satisfying about being unlucky. You can't stake your reputation on any kind of astute analysis coming out of that. There's no "hot take" to be had. But the facts are what they are, and there's very little you can learn from this season by parting ways with Tyrod Taylor at the end of it. And if your argument is that Tyrod has no strengths you can build into an offense, then (if I'm the Bills) frankly you just interviewed yourself out of the job of building our offense.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by WagonCircler View Post
    But no, you stick to the bizarre "every criticism of a black person is racism" thing. It's exactly the kind of thing that comforts small minded idiots like you.
    Interesting. I've responded to multiple posters in this thread, and only once did I suggest to one of them that there could be a racial element to his worldview. You seem triggered.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan View Post
    in 2014 , Romo had 3,705 yards 34 TDS 9 INt's with Murray as his running back. Murray had 1845 yds.

The pass opened up the run and the run opened up the pass.

Tyrod at qb does not help open things up for Shady. Shady's dynamic run game means nothing to the offense because Tyrod is a below average passer.

34 TD's....I'll take my chances with Romo and still draft a qb.
    How long do you expect to have Romo? You don't think it's going to set us back elsewhere if we spend such a huge resource as a 1st-3rd round pick on a QB instead of a DB or WR? We need skill players, and the more great ones we have the easier things will get for our QB, whether that's Tyrod or Romo. I think we have Tyrod longer than Romo, even if we ever truly get the Good Tony Romo. So I use the resources I have to build around Tyrod while coaching him up. I have no problem firing Rex Ryan this offseason if things go sour in the last 4 games. But for me, Tyrod is safe.

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I try to see the forest instead of focusing on individual trees. We've got a few nice trees on this team. Tyrod might grow into one of them. He also might not. But we can plant nice trees around him and still improve our forest. That feels like the smarter long-term move for our team than cutting Tyrod this offseason after the abysmal luck we've had with WR injuries.
    Ahhhh, excuses...what all the good QBs use to try to show people that they don't suck.

I get it, there's nothing narratively or rhetorically satisfying about being unlucky. You can't stake your reputation on any kind of astute analysis coming out of that. There's no "hot take" to be had. But the facts are what they are, and there's very little you can learn from this season by parting ways with Tyrod Taylor at the end of it.
    You can learn that Tyrod doesn't have what it takes to lead a team to the playoffs. As proven by the last 2 years of him trying. That's kind of a big thing to know.

And if your argument is that Tyrod has no strengths you can build into an offense, then (if I'm the Bills) frankly you just interviewed yourself out of the job of building our offense.
    Thankfully, you're not the Bills. God forbid someone building our offense wants a prototype QB with enough size to see open receivers, arm strength, accuracy, and the balls to throw the football anywhere on the field.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
    Thankfully, you're not the Bills. God forbid someone building our offense wants a prototype QB with enough size to see open receivers, arm strength, accuracy, and the balls to throw the football anywhere on the field.
    Oh, those grow on trees now? Well why don't I email Terry and let him know I want the Bills to build some Westworld robots and turn their stats all the way up? Apparently you only need to have the vaguest snippet of an idea to think it deserves to be treated as credible!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

you've paid TT to be a starter. and his contract is ok even as a back up. but he isn't going to realistically go back to being a bench warmer. and if that's where his career projection is going at this point, $33MM dead cap is not worth it. Romo is injury prone and old. keeping him is very expensive. and the WR injuries don't relaly matter for TT. he hasn't thrown timing patterns to anyone. his thing is to hold the ball 3-4 seconds and t hen bail. his use of the field is limited. he hasn't seen wide open receivers a lot of the season. so its not like the lack of WR are giving him no one to throw to. he's not looking. no WR corp is going to make this better for him.

like the year we drafted EJ, this qb deficiency is coming at a terrible time when there are no FA qbs and the draft pool is weak. the bills have painted themselves into a difficult corner yet again. starting TT next year is the exact same results waiting to happen. our offense is too reliant on the big play. if McCoy runs for 150 yards, he has the 50 or 80 yard run in t here. we aren't wearing teams down with our run. we have a lot of 3 and outs. I don't have the stats, but it would be nice to know if we lead the league in 3 and outs or at the top.