• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BertSquirtgum
    Legendary Zoner
    • May 2009

Re: Tyrod rant

Originally posted by ICRockets View Post
    How long do you expect to have Romo? You don't think it's going to set us back elsewhere if we spend such a huge resource as a 1st-3rd round pick on a QB instead of a DB or WR? We need skill players, and the more great ones we have the easier things will get for our QB, whether that's Tyrod or Romo. I think we have Tyrod longer than Romo, even if we ever truly get the Good Tony Romo. So I use the resources I have to build around Tyrod while coaching him up. I have no problem firing Rex Ryan this offseason if things go sour in the last 4 games. But for me, Tyrod is safe.
    The Cowboys will want to rid themselves of that contract as much as that contract scares people like you. It's not going to cost more than a 3rd to get Romo. It will totally be worth renting Romo for two-three years while the draftees this year sit and learn from him. If the Bills don't do it, Denver is going to.

Comment

• WagonCircler
      Escaped Convict
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BertSquirtgum View Post
      The Cowboys will want to rid themselves of that contract as much as that contract scares people like you. It's not going to cost more than a 3rd to get Romo. It will totally be worth renting Romo for two-three years while the draftees this year sit and learn from him. If the Bills don't do it, Denver is going to.
      I would be totally on board with renting Romo if I thought he could stay upright for more than 2 consecutive games without missing the next 5.

But I don't.

Comment

• ICRockets
        Legendary Zoner
        • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
        Right, let's just settle for dog s***.
        If you think Tyrod Taylor is dog ****, you're a complete ****ing idiot. I give your point of view ZERO credence if that's honestly your take.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
          Making Spirits Bright
          • Mar 2006

If you think Tyrod Taylor is dog ****, you're a complete ****ing idiot. I give your point of view ZERO credence if that's honestly your take.
          To me there's no difference between a QB is OK and one who is dog s***. Neither one is going to get the job done, why waste our time with them?

For the record, I've been a pro-Tyrod up until a few weeks ago. He's not dog s***, but he's not good enough. Also for the record, I've always been against his contract. That's what really is dog s***.

I'm convinced that we're stuck with him, though.

Comment

• ICRockets
            Legendary Zoner
            • Jul 2008

To me there's no difference between a QB is OK and one who is dog s***.
            But...there is. There is an objective, real world, tangible difference between "OK" and "dog ****". So if you start your analysis by actively dismissing this, you undermine the efficacy of your overall assessment. And then I'm able to sit here and tell you, justifiably, that I lend zero credence to your take. So, where does that leave us? There's no conversation to be had if one party refuses to have it in reality.

Comment

• Ingtar33
              Dances With Buffaloes
              • Sep 2002

The national press has been going on about how much of a bunch of lunatics bills fans are. I had to look into what they're talking about, and apparently you idiots have the local press questioning if the bills should pick up Tyrod's contract.

I'll say this once.

Draft a QB, draft as many QBs as you want, as Tyrod is an average QB. But you don't cut a guy who's in line to get paid what his market value is worth. And that contract extension is NOT an over-payment in the current QB market. That contract bonus would make him the 13th highest paid QB in the league, and within 2mil of 20th. It's pretty much exactly what he SHOULD be paid.

I get your disastisfaction with not making the playoffs. I hate the fact I can look at the schedule in February and predict the final record. I hate how it's almost been 20 years since we've made the playoffs. However, some of you need to reign it back. Tyrod is good enough to get you to the playoffs. PERIOD. and kicking him out the door without a better option on the roster would make us much more unlikely to make the playoffs in our lifetime.

We haven't failed to make the playoffs the last two years because of Rex's offensive philosophy or Tyrod's play. We've failed to make the playoffs the last two years because Rex's defense has been a dumpster fire.

Lets keep things in proper perspective.
              My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Victor7
                • Jul 2013

Originally posted by BertSquirtgum View Post
                This

I keep reading people that wanna stay away from Romo for contract reasons. I doubt he gets traded. I think he's getting cut and so the deal is void and he gets to sign a new one. Besides if we keep Taylor its also on astronomical numbers thanks to the ineptitude of Doug Whaley the premature contract extender. So even in the extreme case that we have to trade for Romo and take his massive deal who would you rather pay big money to ? Romo or TMobile ? The correct answer is Romo.

This is all hypothetical of course and I actually think we have little to no shot of landing Romo. I think a team like Denver or Chicago would be more appealing to him.
                Last edited by Victor7; 12-08-2016, 01:53 PM.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                  Making Spirits Bright
                  • Mar 2006

But...there is. There is an objective, real world, tangible difference between "OK" and "dog ****". So if you start your analysis by actively dismissing this, you undermine the efficacy of your overall assessment.
                  A team with an OK QB and a team with a terrible QB both end up watching the playoffs/Superbowl. There's no difference. You're just satisfied with mediocrity and are trying to justify it to yourself. Others are willing to search for better while you wish a longer playoff drought on them. Go s*** in your hat.

And then I'm able to sit here and tell you, justifiably, that I lend zero credence to your take. So, where does that leave us? There's no conversation to be had if one party refuses to have it in reality.
                  Jesus christ.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                    Peterman Sucks!
                    • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Ingtar33 View Post
                    The national press has been going on about how much of a bunch of lunatics bills fans are. I had to look into what they're talking about, and apparently you idiots have the local press questioning if the bills should pick up Tyrod's contract.

I'll say this once.

Draft a QB, draft as many QBs as you want, as Tyrod is an average QB. But you don't cut a guy who's in line to get paid what his market value is worth. And that contract extension is NOT an over-payment in the current QB market. That contract bonus would make him the 13th highest paid QB in the league, and within 2mil of 20th. It's pretty much exactly what he SHOULD be paid.

I get your disastisfaction with not making the playoffs. I hate the fact I can look at the schedule in February and predict the final record. I hate how it's almost been 20 years since we've made the playoffs. However, some of you need to reign it back. Tyrod is good enough to get you to the playoffs. PERIOD. and kicking him out the door without a better option on the roster would make us much more unlikely to make the playoffs in our lifetime.

We haven't failed to make the playoffs the last two years because of Rex's offensive philosophy or Tyrod's play. We've failed to make the playoffs the last two years because Rex's defense has been a dumpster fire.

Lets keep things in proper perspective.
                    Here's some proper perspective.

Cleveland is likely the only other team in the league Tyrod would start for.

Tyrod's market value is not what his contract would pay him next year, no one else in the league would give him that kind of money.

Comment

• ICRockets
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Jul 2008

A team with an OK QB and a team with a terrible QB both end up watching the playoffs/Superbowl.
                      A team with a terrible QB JUST WON THE SUPER BOWL LAST SEASON.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                        Making Spirits Bright
                        • Mar 2006

A team with a terrible QB JUST WON THE SUPER BOWL LAST SEASON.
                        A team with one of the smartest QBs ever to play the game won the Super Bowl last season, a guy who also had a partial tear of his plantar fascia in his lead throwing foot. Your opinion is dog s***.

Comment

• ICRockets
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Jul 2008

A team with one of the smartest QBs ever to play the game won the Super Bowl last season, a guy who also had a partial tear of his plantar fascia in his lead throwing foot. Your opinion is dog s***.
                          So you admit there are exceptions to your idiot rules about what makes an acceptable quarterback?

Comment

• trapezeus
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

TT is fairly paid. the issue is the term. because there is no way we are starting him for 5 more seasons. he's a stop gap for the next guy. but the second the next guy is ready and gets a chance, if TT wants to be a starter and doesn't like the role, you have to cut him and if that cut happens where the cap hit is extensive, jo fo sho is absolutely correct, its the same to start a butt fumble qb vs an average qb. you'll get to 9-7 one way or the other.

if you are looking and saying, "who starts next year if not TT and gives us a chance," you probably get to a point where you know TT is only going to get between 4-8 wins. is cardale any different? if he gets the same, you're drafting a qb again anyways in 2018. you should be drafting one in 2017 and in 2018. but we also have no idea if cardale can get it. he is a winner. which for whatever reason ends up carrying a lot of weight vs the pure stats.

the only issue is that cardale doesn't seem to study the game and isn't coming along very fast. we partly knew that at draft time, but it isnt' encouraging when they can't get him to be the number 2 when we know exactly what we have in EJ. and likeit or not, TT is becoming more ej everyday. he's missing throws he wouldn't have missed last year. and he's clearly missing reads and we've seen WR's who are wide open.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
                              No we wouldn't.

I agree that Clay is held back y Tyrod, but Clay is not Gronk. No one is Gronk.
                              My point is that Gronk will not be as good as he is. Is Clay half the player he once was because of Tyrod? If, so then Gronk too will most likely be half the player he is because Tyrod cant see him. You can't hit what you cant see.
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                                Making Spirits Bright
                                • Mar 2006

So you admit there are exceptions to your idiot rules about what makes an acceptable quarterback?
                                Sure, the smartest QB ever to play can be on my team any day of the week. There are exceptions to everything. Tyrod is not the exception, as proven by his 2 years worth of starting on the Buffalo Bills.

The fact that you think Tyrod is capable of leading this team to a Super Bowl, but think that Peyton Manning was a terrible QB last year tells me everything I need to know about your idiot opinion on this subject.

Comment

Working...
                                X