• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Tyrod rant

How is anyone questioning whether to let Tyrod walk or not?

• Do we really want to go back to starting bad QB's with the dollar and a dream plan to draft a stud?
    • Do we really want to pay for Tony Romo? Who lost his job to a rookie, will ask for more money that Tyrod next year, and who has never won a SB?
    • Do we really think Tyrod is the problem when we're a run heavy offense in a passing league, Our #1 WR has basically been out all year, we really dont have a true #2 WR on the roster, Robert Woods isn't being played where he should be (in the slot), and we've been forced to start walk-on's and #4, 5, even 6 WR's on the depth chart?
    • Do we really want a pocket passer with our OL? We don't have the OL of Dal or Oak

And consider this:

• Tyrod currently has the 25th highest cap hit at the QB position
    • Next years cap hit if we pick up the option will be 20th in the league... 20th
    • The team, with Tyrods contract, is set to be 32 mill under in 2017 as per Spotrac at this point

For the cost to us vs. going rate, Tyrods upside, his abilities as a runner, and his deep ball this isn't a tough choice. Keep him.

And if Whaley stays (likely) and Rex stays (not as likley) he will be kept. If we have a new HC all bets are off and he could be gone. But personally, I'd rather just keep him and improve the OL and weapons. He's not our problem.

• ICRockets
    Legendary Zoner
    • Jul 2008

Re: Tyrod rant

Every time I see people trash Tyrod around here, it makes me hope less and less for the drought to end. Bills fans are cancer, and don't deserve to see our team succeed.

Comment

• X-Era
      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ICRockets View Post
      Every time I see people trash Tyrod around here, it makes me hope less and less for the drought to end. Bills fans are cancer, and don't deserve to see our team succeed.
      It's like we've been walking through the desert searching for water and are *****ing because we found a muddy puddle.

Comment

• ICRockets
        Legendary Zoner
        • Jul 2008

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
        It's like we've been walking through the desert searching for water and are *****ing because we found a muddy puddle.
        You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to X-Era again.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
          Unreachable Douche
          • Jul 2002

Have you watched the games the past 2 years?

[*]Do we really want to go back to starting bad QB's with the dollar and a dream plan[/B] to draft a stud?
          You mean like what they are doing now? Draft the stud. Like Dallas did, GB, Oakland, Atlanta, SD, NJG, NE, IC, TB, CP, SS, etc...

[*]Do we really want to pay for Tony Romo? Who lost his job to a rookie, will ask for more money that Tyrod next year, and who has never won a SB?
          He lost his job to a rookie who is playing great (unlike our 6th year player)who also has his team at 10-2. If Romo stays healthy he has 2-3 years left in him.

[*]Do we really think Tyrod is the problem when we're a run heavy offense in a passing league, Our #1 WR has basically been out all year, we really dont have a true #2 WR on the roster, Robert Woods isn't being played where he should be (in the slot), and we've been forced to start walk-on's and #4, 5, even 6 WR's on the depth chart?
          Think about that. An outstanding running game, WRs open all over the place and yet we struggle in passing. As a matter of fact the Bills are last in passing in a passing league having one of the best running games in the league. Why is that?

[*]Do we really want a pocket passer with our OL? We don't have the OL of Dal or Oak
          [/LIST]When watching the games how many times have you yelled "Throw the ball" at the TV screen when Tyrod is dancing there in the pocket? The line has overall done an outstanding job pass/run blocking this year.

And consider this:

[LIST][*]Tyrod currently has the 25th highest cap hit at the QB position
          So

[*]Next years cap hit if we pick up the option will be 20th in the league... 20th
          So
          [*]The team, with Tyrods contract, is set to be 32 mill under in 2017 as per Spotrac at this point

So

For the cost to us vs. going rate, Tyrods upside, his abilities as a runner, and his deep ball this isn't a tough choice. Keep him.
          Sure keep him. He's the perfect QB to keep mediocrity alive. 17 years and counting.

And if Whaley stays (likely) and Rex stays (not as likley) he will be kept. If we have a new HC all bets are off and he could be gone. But personally, I'd rather just keep him and improve the OL and weapons. He's not our problem.
          He is the problem.

I'd rather ditch him, EJ, and Jones.
          Sign Romo.
          Bring in an OC who doesn't have the Wildcat in his playbook.
          Draft a QB next year and the following year then hope we landed the next franchise QB this franchise has been starving for.

Comment

• ICRockets
            Legendary Zoner
            • Jul 2008

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
            I'd rather ditch him, EJ, and Jones.
            Sign Romo.
            Cut the 3 black guys, including the one we know nothing about.

Sign a white guy.

I'm sure it's just a coincidence that your plan cuts precisely along a racial divide, though, right?

Comment

• TacklingDummy
              Unreachable Douche
              • Jul 2002

With the Bills next win they will reach 400 wins in its 57 year history. Tom Brady has 201 career wins.

Bills fans are the greatest fans in the history of professional sports. This franchise has been terrible for most of its NFL existence. For the short period it was good they are remembered for 4 Super Bowl losses in a row, Wide Right, Don Beebe/Leon Lett, and the Music City Miracle.

And yet WE are still fans through the mostly bad times.
              Last edited by TacklingDummy; 12-08-2016, 07:21 AM.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                Making Spirits Bright
                • Mar 2006

This comment is cancer.

Just because we don't think Tyrod is the answer we don't deserve to see the Bills succeed? Yet you just said that you 'hope less and less for the (playoff) drought to end.' You can go take a s*** for yourself, pal.

Comment

• ICRockets
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
                  Just because we don't think Tyrod is the answer we don't deserve to see the Bills succeed?
                  Correct. Glad you can follow along.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                    Making Spirits Bright
                    • Mar 2006

Correct. Glad you can follow along.
                    Every time I see people trash Tyrod around here, it makes me hope less and less for the drought to end.
                    You're a true fan.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                      • Dec 2003

• Do we really want to go back to starting bad QB's with the dollar and a dream plan to draft a stud?
                      • Do we really want to pay for Tony Romo? Who lost his job to a rookie, will ask for more money that Tyrod next year, and who has never won a SB?
                      • Do we really think Tyrod is the problem when we're a run heavy offense in a passing league, Our #1 WR has basically been out all year, we really dont have a true #2 WR on the roster, Robert Woods isn't being played where he should be (in the slot), and we've been forced to start walk-on's and #4, 5, even 6 WR's on the depth chart?
                      • Do we really want a pocket passer with our OL? We don't have the OL of Dal or Oak

And consider this:

• Tyrod currently has the 25th highest cap hit at the QB position
                      • Next years cap hit if we pick up the option will be 20th in the league... 20th
                      • The team, with Tyrods contract, is set to be 32 mill under in 2017 as per Spotrac at this point

I guess because we feel the Tyrod/Rex show isn't going to get us to the playoffs that's why we want to let them go sooner than later. Yet maybe I would concede to keeping Tyrod another year but still draft a QB high to compete with Cardale and Tyrod and let the best guy win. Yet the more we keep Tyrod it means the less likelihood we can keep guys like Woods or Zach Brown or even Gilmore who feel are better building blocks than Tyrod is.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • May 2009

Yes, we want to pay Tony Romo. He is fully healed and ready to go. He didn't have to come back early this time before he was completely healed so I personally am not worried about that. This team is a Tony Romo away from challenging the Patriots for the division.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by BertSquirtgum View Post
                          Yes, we want to pay Tony Romo. He is fully healed and ready to go. He didn't have to come back early this time before he was completely healed so I personally am not worried about that. This team is a Tony Romo away from challenging the Patriots for the division.
                          Just like the 2002 Bills were a Drew Bledsoe away? I don't dismiss that Romo is better QB than Tyrod but his inability to stay healthy/high cap figure are a major concern if we add him.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • May 2009

You're a ******. Nothing worse than a ******ed Tyrod apologist that is blind to see the obvious. And to hope to Bills playoff drought continues because some people can see that Tyrod sucks makes you a big fat sweaty smelly ******. Piss off.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                              • Feb 2005

Cut the 3 black guys, including the one we know nothing about.

Sign a white guy.

I'm sure it's just a coincidence that your plan cuts precisely along a racial divide, though, right?
                              Your post is an idiot... It makes racist accusations out of thin air.

Comment

Working...
                              X