Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyrod rant

What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace X-Era's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,040 Times in 1,212 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Tyrod rant

How is anyone questioning whether to let Tyrod walk or not?

• Do we really want to go back to starting bad QB's with the dollar and a dream plan to draft a stud?
    • Do we really want to pay for Tony Romo? Who lost his job to a rookie, will ask for more money that Tyrod next year, and who has never won a SB?
    • Do we really think Tyrod is the problem when we're a run heavy offense in a passing league, Our #1 WR has basically been out all year, we really dont have a true #2 WR on the roster, Robert Woods isn't being played where he should be (in the slot), and we've been forced to start walk-on's and #4, 5, even 6 WR's on the depth chart?
    • Do we really want a pocket passer with our OL? We don't have the OL of Dal or Oak

And consider this:

• Tyrod currently has the 25th highest cap hit at the QB position
    • Next years cap hit if we pick up the option will be 20th in the league... 20th
    • The team, with Tyrods contract, is set to be 32 mill under in 2017 as per Spotrac at this point

For the cost to us vs. going rate, Tyrods upside, his abilities as a runner, and his deep ball this isn't a tough choice. Keep him.

And if Whaley stays (likely) and Rex stays (not as likley) he will be kept. If we have a new HC all bets are off and he could be gone. But personally, I'd rather just keep him and improve the OL and weapons. He's not our problem.

2. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (12-08-2016),ICRockets (12-08-2016),madness (12-08-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 Times in 4,053 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Tyrod rant

Every time I see people trash Tyrod around here, it makes me hope less and less for the drought to end. Bills fans are cancer, and don't deserve to see our team succeed.

4. Post thanked by:

pmoon6 (12-10-2016)

What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace X-Era's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,040 Times in 1,212 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ICRockets View Post
    Every time I see people trash Tyrod around here, it makes me hope less and less for the drought to end. Bills fans are cancer, and don't deserve to see our team succeed.
    It's like we've been walking through the desert searching for water and are *****ing because we found a muddy puddle.

6. Post thanked by:

pmoon6 (12-10-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by X-Era View Post
    It's like we've been walking through the desert searching for water and are *****ing because we found a muddy puddle.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to X-Era again.

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,900 Times in 4,358 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Have you watched the games the past 2 years?

[*]Do we really want to go back to starting bad QB's with the dollar and a dream plan[/B] to draft a stud?
    You mean like what they are doing now? Draft the stud. Like Dallas did, GB, Oakland, Atlanta, SD, NJG, NE, IC, TB, CP, SS, etc...

[*]Do we really want to pay for Tony Romo? Who lost his job to a rookie, will ask for more money that Tyrod next year, and who has never won a SB?
    He lost his job to a rookie who is playing great (unlike our 6th year player)who also has his team at 10-2. If Romo stays healthy he has 2-3 years left in him.

[*]Do we really think Tyrod is the problem when we're a run heavy offense in a passing league, Our #1 WR has basically been out all year, we really dont have a true #2 WR on the roster, Robert Woods isn't being played where he should be (in the slot), and we've been forced to start walk-on's and #4, 5, even 6 WR's on the depth chart?
    Think about that. An outstanding running game, WRs open all over the place and yet we struggle in passing. As a matter of fact the Bills are last in passing in a passing league having one of the best running games in the league. Why is that?

[*]Do we really want a pocket passer with our OL? We don't have the OL of Dal or Oak
    [/LIST]When watching the games how many times have you yelled "Throw the ball" at the TV screen when Tyrod is dancing there in the pocket? The line has overall done an outstanding job pass/run blocking this year.

And consider this:

[LIST][*]Tyrod currently has the 25th highest cap hit at the QB position
    So

[*]Next years cap hit if we pick up the option will be 20th in the league... 20th
    So
    [*]The team, with Tyrods contract, is set to be 32 mill under in 2017 as per Spotrac at this point

So

For the cost to us vs. going rate, Tyrods upside, his abilities as a runner, and his deep ball this isn't a tough choice. Keep him.
    Sure keep him. He's the perfect QB to keep mediocrity alive. 17 years and counting.

And if Whaley stays (likely) and Rex stays (not as likley) he will be kept. If we have a new HC all bets are off and he could be gone. But personally, I'd rather just keep him and improve the OL and weapons. He's not our problem.
    He is the problem.

I'd rather ditch him, EJ, and Jones.
    Sign Romo.
    Bring in an OC who doesn't have the Wildcat in his playbook.
    Draft a QB next year and the following year then hope we landed the next franchise QB this franchise has been starving for.

9. Post thanked by:

Arm of Harm (12-08-2016),djjimkelly (12-08-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TacklingDummy View Post
    I'd rather ditch him, EJ, and Jones.
    Sign Romo.
    Cut the 3 black guys, including the one we know nothing about.

Sign a white guy.

I'm sure it's just a coincidence that your plan cuts precisely along a racial divide, though, right?

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,900 Times in 4,358 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

With the Bills next win they will reach 400 wins in its 57 year history. Tom Brady has 201 career wins.

Bills fans are the greatest fans in the history of professional sports. This franchise has been terrible for most of its NFL existence. For the short period it was good they are remembered for 4 Super Bowl losses in a row, Wide Right, Don Beebe/Leon Lett, and the Music City Miracle.

And yet WE are still fans through the mostly bad times.
    Last edited by TacklingDummy; 12-08-2016 at 07:21 AM.

12. Post thanked by:

BertSquirtgum (12-09-2016),jamze132 (12-09-2016)

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

This comment is cancer.

Just because we don't think Tyrod is the answer we don't deserve to see the Bills succeed? Yet you just said that you 'hope less and less for the (playoff) drought to end.' You can go take a s*** for yourself, pal.

14. Post thanked by:

Arm of Harm (12-08-2016),BertSquirtgum (12-09-2016),Dmoney (12-09-2016),jamze132 (12-09-2016),justasportsfan (12-08-2016),Lone Stranger (12-08-2016),Mace (12-08-2016),TacklingDummy (12-08-2016),trapezeus (12-08-2016),Victor7 (12-08-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
    Just because we don't think Tyrod is the answer we don't deserve to see the Bills succeed?
    Correct. Glad you can follow along.

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Correct. Glad you can follow along.
    Every time I see people trash Tyrod around here, it makes me hope less and less for the drought to end.
    You're a true fan.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 Times in 1,428 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

• Do we really want to go back to starting bad QB's with the dollar and a dream plan to draft a stud?
    • Do we really want to pay for Tony Romo? Who lost his job to a rookie, will ask for more money that Tyrod next year, and who has never won a SB?
    • Do we really think Tyrod is the problem when we're a run heavy offense in a passing league, Our #1 WR has basically been out all year, we really dont have a true #2 WR on the roster, Robert Woods isn't being played where he should be (in the slot), and we've been forced to start walk-on's and #4, 5, even 6 WR's on the depth chart?
    • Do we really want a pocket passer with our OL? We don't have the OL of Dal or Oak

And consider this:

• Tyrod currently has the 25th highest cap hit at the QB position
    • Next years cap hit if we pick up the option will be 20th in the league... 20th
    • The team, with Tyrods contract, is set to be 32 mill under in 2017 as per Spotrac at this point

I guess because we feel the Tyrod/Rex show isn't going to get us to the playoffs that's why we want to let them go sooner than later. Yet maybe I would concede to keeping Tyrod another year but still draft a QB high to compete with Cardale and Tyrod and let the best guy win. Yet the more we keep Tyrod it means the less likelihood we can keep guys like Woods or Zach Brown or even Gilmore who feel are better building blocks than Tyrod is.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Yes, we want to pay Tony Romo. He is fully healed and ready to go. He didn't have to come back early this time before he was completely healed so I personally am not worried about that. This team is a Tony Romo away from challenging the Patriots for the division.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BertSquirtgum View Post
    Yes, we want to pay Tony Romo. He is fully healed and ready to go. He didn't have to come back early this time before he was completely healed so I personally am not worried about that. This team is a Tony Romo away from challenging the Patriots for the division.
    Just like the 2002 Bills were a Drew Bledsoe away? I don't dismiss that Romo is better QB than Tyrod but his inability to stay healthy/high cap figure are a major concern if we add him.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You're a ******. Nothing worse than a ******ed Tyrod apologist that is blind to see the obvious. And to hope to Bills playoff drought continues because some people can see that Tyrod sucks makes you a big fat sweaty smelly ******. Piss off.

21. Post thanked by:

djjimkelly (12-08-2016),Joe Fo Sho (12-08-2016),Luisito23 (12-08-2016),notacon (12-24-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 621 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Cut the 3 black guys, including the one we know nothing about.

Sign a white guy.

I'm sure it's just a coincidence that your plan cuts precisely along a racial divide, though, right?
    Your post is an idiot... It makes racist accusations out of thin air.

23. Post thanked by:

BertSquirtgum (12-08-2016),djjimkelly (12-08-2016),justasportsfan (12-08-2016),Lone Stranger (12-08-2016),Luisito23 (12-08-2016),Mad Bomber (12-12-2016),notacon (12-24-2016),Novacane (12-08-2016),sdbillsfan2 (12-08-2016),Victor7 (12-08-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by The Jokeman View Post
    Just like the 2002 Bills were a Drew Bledsoe away? I don't dismiss that Romo is better QB than Tyrod but his inability to stay healthy/high cap figure are a major concern if we add him.
    I truly do believe what I said though. I think with Tony Romo a free agent safety and a drafted safety. The Bills could legitimately challenge the Patriots for the division next year. The 02 Bills offensive line was garbage. This offensive line is good.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BertSquirtgum View Post
    I truly do believe what I said though. I think with Tony Romo a free agent safety and a drafted safety. The Bills could legitimately challenge the Patriots for the division next year. The 02 Bills offensive line was garbage. This offensive line is good.
    I question the right side of the line and I really think Tyrod's athleticism does make the line look better than it is. Honestly if Romo wouldn't count so much against the cap I'd be willing to give him a try but sheesh don't know if he would toss in Jerry Jones loves him and going ask for the king's ransom to get him in a trade.

SpikedLemonade

I want to win it all.

TT will NEVER get us there.

P.S.: We got dicks like Jesus...
    Last edited by Yasgur's Farm; 12-08-2016 at 09:30 AM.

Registered User IlluminatusUIUC's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,165 Times in 3,360 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Do we challenge for the division with 8 games of Tony Romo and 8 games of Cardale Jones? Because get realistic here, Romo has missed significant time over the last two years AND he's turning 37 in April AND he's coming from an offense with a far better OL and pass catching group.

28. Post thanked by:

jamze132 (12-09-2016),trapezeus (12-08-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 26,296 Times in 13,726 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

See, i see it the opposite way.

Taylor is not seeing wide open WRs. He's holding the ball too long and not feeling the pressure. And a lot of of times when he does complete a pass, the poor ball placement causes the WR to slow down/jump/dive, putting them in dangerous positions and costing YAC. And he's not improving in any of these areas as he gains experience.

He's far from the only problem this team has right now but he's definitely one of the problems.

The fans who deserve the losing are the ones who claim they want the team to win but then defend the people responsible for the losses.

30. Post thanked by:

Arm of Harm (12-08-2016),BertSquirtgum (12-08-2016),BillsFanInNM (12-09-2016),Lone Stranger (12-08-2016),Mace (12-08-2016),Mad Bomber (12-12-2016),Novacane (12-08-2016),The last buffalo fan (12-09-2016),Victor7 (12-08-2016)