Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyrod rant

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 621 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Tyrod rant

For me... It's about the money. If we're going to have a mediocre QB (AND WE WILL FOR THE NEXT 2-3 YEARS) I prefer to pursue the final answer (franchise QB) while paying a reasonable price. I'd continuously draft and pay a journeyman (even $5M for EJ) to lead us until we finally acquire, and groom/nurture the ultimate guy

Furthermore, I sense that keeping Tyrod (even if we deem that the money is worth it) will only delay the process that we all pretty much know is inevitable.

NO MORE SHORTCUTS!!!

2. Post thanked by:

Novacane (12-08-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,391 Times in 7,274 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan View Post

Our OL is not as bad as you make it out to be. Even when Tyrod had plenty of time to throw, he is misfiring a lot.

The OL is not bad at all. We have one of the best run games in the league and that's with opponents knowing we're going to run. Most QB would kill to have our running game. Can you imagine how bad Tyrod would look if we couldn't run? OMG it would be ugly!

4. Post thanked by:

justasportsfan (12-08-2016),Victor7 (12-08-2016),Yasgur's Farm (12-08-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,469 Times in 7,086 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ICRockets View Post
    How long do you expect to have Romo? You don't think it's going to set us back elsewhere if we spend such a huge resource as a 1st-3rd round pick on a QB instead of a DB or WR? We need skill players, and the more great ones we have the easier things will get for our QB, whether that's Tyrod or Romo. I think we have Tyrod longer than Romo, even if we ever truly get the Good Tony Romo. So I use the resources I have to build around Tyrod while coaching him up. I have no problem firing Rex Ryan this offseason if things go sour in the last 4 games. But for me, Tyrod is safe.
    Thats why stated to draft a qb.

The patriots and cowboys don't have a Sammy Watkins. But they do have a Brady and a Dak. Doesn't matter if you have skilled players if you don't have a qb.

The reason why we are still stuck in this non-playoff drought is because we haven't had a franchise qb. Tyrod doesn't even have to be a franchise, He just has to be a decent passer and he isn't.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
    The OL is not bad at all.
    I think it was said on WGR that out of all the qb's,Tyrod had had the longest time in the pocket than any qb in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
    We have one of the best run games in the league and that's with opponents knowing we're going to run.

Most QB would kill to have our running game. Can you imagine how bad Tyrod would look if we couldn't run? OMG it would be ugly!
    Imagine if Tyrod had Fitz's brain where he can dissect a play before the snap. Tyrod has the physical tools that Fitz doesn't.
    What Tyrod defenders can't understand is that he doesn't have the ability to get rid of the ball fast when he has to. I guess he doesn't have the gonads to thread the ball when he has to.

This is a pass that Tyrod needs to attempt. Hunter was NOT open yet he took a chance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hw6rFkt8dUI

7. Post thanked by:

Novacane (12-08-2016)

Registered User IlluminatusUIUC's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,165 Times in 3,360 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Thats why stated to draft a qb.

The patriots and cowboys don't have a Sammy Watkins. But they do have a Brady and a Dak. Doesn't matter if you have skilled players if you don't have a qb.

The reason why we are still stuck in this non-playoff drought is because we haven't had a franchise qb. Tyrod doesn't even have to be a franchise, He just has to be a decent passer and he isn't.
    Both the Pats AND the Cowboys have better pass catchers than Buffalo. Clearly their QBs are better as well, but having Watkins for half the games doesn't remotely mean Taylor has the same talent around him as Brady or Prescott/Romo.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
    Both the Pats AND the Cowboys have better pass catchers than Buffalo. Clearly their QBs are better as well, but having Watkins for half the games doesn't remotely mean Taylor has the same talent around him as Brady or Prescott/Romo.
    do they have better pass catches because Brady makes them better? I remember people calling Hogan crap when he was here. I guarantee Clay/Woods would be 10X better with Brady throwing him the ball. Clay is useless here because he works in the middle of the field where Tyrod is blind and Woods would have more than doubled his stats as well with Marsha.
    Last edited by justasportsfan; 12-08-2016 at 11:46 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Interesting. I've responded to multiple posters in this thread, and only once did I suggest to one of them that there could be a racial element to his worldview. You seem triggered.
    Lol, you "only once" insinuated that somebody was racist completely unsolicited, just because he doesn't like any of the QBs on the roster.

That's one time too many.

The only one that seems "triggered" is you here.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 621 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

OMG... "TRIGGER"! Please be careful. Someone may accuse you of being biased against horses.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I wonder how many more threads we'll have from people defending this bum.

This team will never go anywhere with Tyrod Taylor as the starting QB. You pay him his asinine bonus, he's the starting QB for the next 2 years and we go at least another full season without doing anything to even attempt to get a real QB.

13. Post thanked by:

BertSquirtgum (12-09-2016),djjimkelly (12-08-2016),Mace (12-08-2016),Yasgur's Farm (12-08-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 Times in 4,053 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The patriots and cowboys don't have a Sammy Watkins.
    They have Dez Bryant and Gronk. Both are better than Sammy Watkins.

15. Post thanked by:

Mr. Pink (12-08-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

They have Dez Bryant and Gronk. Both are better than Sammy Watkins.
    Gronk would be useless here because he runs up the middle. Edelman is Brady's go to guys when he needs to get rid of the ball fast. He'd be useless under Tyrod too.
    Last edited by justasportsfan; 12-08-2016 at 12:15 PM.

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Oh, those grow on trees now? Well why don't I email Terry and let him know I want the Bills to build some Westworld robots and turn their stats all the way up? Apparently you only need to have the vaguest snippet of an idea to think it deserves to be treated as credible!
    Right, let's just settle for dog s***.

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,899 Times in 4,357 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Interesting. I've responded to multiple posters in this thread, and only once did I suggest to one of them that there could be a racial element to his worldview. You seem triggered.
    You caught me. I wanted the Bills to get rid of EJ, TT, and Jones because they are black. Even though I went on to say in the same post that the Bills should sign Romo and draft a QB like Dallas, SS, CP, TB. Last time I checked they were all black too.

Yes get rid of the 3 QBs on the roster because they are black, it has nothing to do with them sucking.

19. Post thanked by:

BertSquirtgum (12-08-2016),djjimkelly (12-08-2016),Novacane (12-08-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Do we challenge for the division with 8 games of Tony Romo and 8 games of Cardale Jones? Because get realistic here, Romo has missed significant time over the last two years AND he's turning 37 in April AND he's coming from an offense with a far better OL and pass catching group.
    That's true but he always kept coming back too soon and playing hurt and always ended up hurting himself worse. He has finally had the time to completely heal.

Registered User IlluminatusUIUC's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,165 Times in 3,360 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

do they have better pass catches because Brady makes them better? I remember people calling Hogan crap when he was here. I guarantee Clay/Woods would be 10X better with Brady throwing him the ball. Clay is useless here because he works in the middle of the field where Tyrod is blind and Woods would have more than doubled his stats as well with Marsha.
    Gronk would be useless here because he runs up the middle. Edelman is Brady's go to guys when he needs to get rid of the ball fast. He'd be useless under Tyrod too.
    Gronk runs all over the place, they split him out wide all the time. You'd have a better argument with Bennett or Witten, but Witten is a future Hall of Famer.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Gronk runs all over the place, they split him out wide all the time. You'd have a better argument with Bennett or Witten, but Witten is a future Hall of Famer.
    Gronk runs all over the place but if he is made to run up the middle with Tyrod as his QB number would go down. Besides, Tyrod won't throw to Gronk unless he is open.Clay runs all over the place as well and yet, nothing from Tyrod.

If Gronk was our TE and Clay was with the pats we'd be saying "the pats have Clay"
    Last edited by justasportsfan; 12-08-2016 at 12:53 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Every time I see people trash Tyrod around here, it makes me hope less and less for the drought to end. Bills fans are cancer, and don't deserve to see our team succeed.
    Tyrod is a subpar QB. He is hanging in the mid 20's in ranking in all major stats for league starters. We had that with Fitzpatrick. So I'm not sure why your lashing out at Bills fans. They see crap. They complain about crap. And it's running mighty close to 20 years now.

They need to purge the common thread. And you all know where I'm going with that statement.

24. Post thanked by:

djjimkelly (12-08-2016),WagonCircler (12-08-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,319 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Gronk runs all over the place but if he is made to run up the middle with Tyrod as his QB number would go down. Besides, Tyrod won't throw to Gronk unless he is open.Clay runs all over the place as well and yet, nothing from Tyrod.

If Gronk was our TE and Clay was with the pats we'd be saying "the pats have Clay"
    No we wouldn't.

I agree that Clay is held back y Tyrod, but Clay is not Gronk. No one is Gronk.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I try to see the forest instead of focusing on individual trees. We've got a few nice trees on this team. Tyrod might grow into one of them. He also might not. But we can plant nice trees around him and still improve our forest. That feels like the smarter long-term move for our team than cutting Tyrod this offseason after the abysmal luck we've had with WR injuries.

I get it, there's nothing narratively or rhetorically satisfying about being unlucky. You can't stake your reputation on any kind of astute analysis coming out of that. There's no "hot take" to be had. But the facts are what they are, and there's very little you can learn from this season by parting ways with Tyrod Taylor at the end of it. And if your argument is that Tyrod has no strengths you can build into an offense, then (if I'm the Bills) frankly you just interviewed yourself out of the job of building our offense.
    He's been in the league for 6 ****ing years now. He's started in this league for two ****ing years now. He ****ing regressed to ****ing terrible this year. If he hasn't turned the corner yet, he's never going to. How can you not see that? Are you really that stupid?

27. Post thanked by:

swiper (12-08-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,319 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Yup. Stupidity sets alarms off every time, and you're a poster child for it.

29. Post thanked by:

swiper (12-08-2016)