Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyrod rant

Thanks
    Thanked 30,528 Times in 17,421 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Tyrod rant

Quote Originally Posted by ICRockets View Post
    This is the part I don't agree with, because he has not lined up with Sammy/Woods/Clay/Shady at all this entire season. Simply put, we just don't know that this is the case. For all we know, if he has all of those players healthy at his disposal with competent and experienced NFL passing offense coaches, he could run an elite offense. Will it be the standard "slants and timing routes" offense we see fairly often in today's NFL? No, likely not. But if we have a running game like this season's with Shady and Gillislee as our 1-2 punch then I think the argument can be made that we don't need Tyrod to do much more than he already does, just with a superior supporting cast.
    Sure he has. Baltimore in the opener, and the Jets game that followed are the ones that immediately come to mind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    Who the hell cares you fat idiot? He can't hit Clay to save his life. He rots. And you're nothing more than a fat stupid jack a$$.
    Knock it off.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 Times in 4,053 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

When did Kyle Orton throw for 300 yards? If memory serves, we haven't had one in close to a decade.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    Sure he has. Baltimore in the opener, and the Jets game that followed are the ones that immediately come to mind.

- - - Updated - - -

Knock it off.
    Sammy was not healthy in either of those games, but I think you'd be hard pressed to make the argument that we couldn't have won the Jets game with even a mediocre defensive performance.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Please ...don't feed the critters.
    Talk about holding a topic hostage.

" I'd try to see things from your point of view but..........there's only room up your a** for one head ! "

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sdbillsfan2 View Post
    Please ...don't feed the critters.
    Talk about holding a topic hostage.
    I'm actually the one encouraging a broader discussion about how to improve this team that goes beyond the qb position.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post

And here's two more things Orton was able to do that Tyrod is not. Throw for 300 yards in a game and lead the Bills, in a two minute drill situation, to a TD to win the game.
    Correct ...341 vs Denver and 308 vs Oakland

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

When did Kyle Orton throw for 300 yards? If memory serves, we haven't had one in close to a decade.
    Orton threw for over 300 yards 3 times with the bills, had 308 in his debut against Detroit, had 355 at Denver and 329 at Oakland not to mention he had 299 against the Patriots also so that almost 4 games out of 12 he started for buffalo.

8. Post thanked by:

sdbillsfan2 (12-09-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

How many games this season has TT had zero TD passes ?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

How many people are arguing that he's had a good season?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

He was ACC Player of the Year in 2010, so if he is who he was in college that means he has AFC Offensive POTY potential. I doubt very much that's your argument.
    I wish this post would shut the **** up because it's so dumb.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BertSquirtgum View Post
    I wish this post would shut the **** up because it's so dumb.
    Agreed. That's why I questioned the efficacy of the logic in the first place. Why is this **** so difficult for you guys to comprehend?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

As I've said all along you don't have the evidence to support your assertion that Tyrod is as bad as you think he is. All you have is speculation. I, on the other hand, can point to last year's Denver Broncos as an example of a team that won the Super Bowl with atrocious QB play last season. I can point to Russell Wilson, who has a near-identical playstyle to Tyrod's, making it to 2 straight and winning one of them. If we had an elite defense, we could compete in the playoffs with an offense featuring healthy versions of Shady, Sammy, Woods, and Tyrod.

So, what's the alternative? Gamble with a replacement for Tyrod, with the expectation that if the gambit fails we can tank for a high draft pick? That doesn't sound like someone who cares more about improving the TEAM than he does improving his ENJOYMENT of the team.
    Tyrod is every bit as bad as Joe Fo Sho has described. Both in terms of his accuracy and his lack of information processing speed. If you take away the first Bills drive against Oakland, Tyrod had just 60 pre-garbage time passing yards. Oakland's pass defense is ranked in the 20s. Having Tyrod at QB means that a team is simply going to squander many of the pass completion opportunities which will exist over the course of a game. In order to win games despite those wasted passing opportunities, it's necessary for a team to have a very good running game--which, I might add, we have--and a very good defense.

A standard-issue Super Bowl champion has a franchise QB, or at least has a QB who's temporarily playing at or near a franchise level. In addition, this standard-issue Super Bowl winner will have done a fairly workmanlike job of surrounding that QB with a good, complete team. Are there exceptions to that rule? Yes there are. The Ravens of 2000 come to mind. You are also correct to assert that the Broncos won the Super Bowl despite receiving disappointing play from the QB position. Examples like that, however are rare. There is no reason for us to hold on either to Tyrod or the GM who bungled the Bills' QB situation so badly in the first place, in the vain hope that this will somehow produce the next Ravens of 2000. A hope like that would be based entirely on wishful thinking, not on any realistic analysis of what the Bills actually have either at QB or in their front office.

Tyrod Taylor is merely the symptom. The root of the problem is Doug Whaley. Replace Whaley with a real GM, and sooner or later that real GM will acquire a real QB. Leave our inadequate GM in place, and we will continue to receive mediocre play from our collection of mediocre QBs. It really is that simple.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Arm of Harm View Post
    Tyrod is every bit as bad as Joe Fo Sho has described. Both in terms of his accuracy and his lack of information processing speed. If you take away the first Bills drive against Oakland, Tyrod had just 60 pre-garbage time passing yards. Oakland's pass defense is ranked in the 20s. Having Tyrod at QB means that a team is simply going to squander many of the pass completion opportunities which will exist over the course of a game. In order to win games despite those wasted passing opportunities, it's necessary for a team to have a very good running game--which, I might add, we have--and a very good defense.

A standard-issue Super Bowl champion has a franchise QB, or at least has a QB who's temporarily playing at or near a franchise level. In addition, this standard-issue Super Bowl winner will have done a fairly workmanlike job of surrounding that QB with a good, complete team. Are there exceptions to that rule? Yes there are. The Ravens of 2000 come to mind. You are also correct to assert that the Broncos won the Super Bowl despite receiving disappointing play from the QB position. Examples like that, however are rare. There is no reason for us to hold on either to Tyrod or the GM who bungled the Bills' QB situation so badly in the first place, in the vain hope that this will somehow produce the next Ravens of 2000. A hope like that would be based entirely on wishful thinking, not on any realistic analysis of what the Bills actually have either at QB or in their front office.

Tyrod Taylor is merely the symptom. The root of the problem is Doug Whaley. Replace Whaley with a real GM, and sooner or later that real GM will acquire a real QB. Leave our inadequate GM in place, and we will continue to receive mediocre play from our collection of mediocre QBs. It really is that simple.
    I'm not AS down on Whaley as a lot of people are, but I'm not opposed to an upgrade in the front office as well as on the sidelines. And you're right, what I'm advocating for is a non-traditional path to the Super Bowl. But given the current composition of our team, I think it's the path of least resistance right now. The resources we would have to spend on a new QB this offseason are not insignificant, unless we want to try to win the lottery in the 3rd or 4th round. And if that's our goal, then we aren't drafting them to start right away, even if we see guys like Russell and Dak succeed instantly from such a spot. They both did so unexpectedly, as exceptions to the rule. If the argument is that we need to replace Tyrod before next season, that translates to drafting a QB in the FIRST round, and if we want to do so correctly then we need to sacrifice multiple draft picks to take THE BEST first round QB in the draft. This team has too many pressing needs at other positions to reasonably afford that kind of commitment to a mystery and still make the argument that we've improved the team enough to be primed for a playoff run.

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,897 Times in 4,357 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

He's had about 5 good drives all year.

16. Post thanked by:

Joe Fo Sho (12-09-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,844 Times in 3,497 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

How hard can it be to replace a guy who averages about 200 yds a gm , can see over the middle , is inconsistent with short and intermediate passes, has 5 gms this season with zero passing tds .and will never carry a team on his own.
    Seriously...everytime I examine his games there are more negatives than positives. He won't get better and he doesn't make anyone around him better. He's actually wasting the talents of some decent recievers.
    The problem with your example is that Tyrod isn't a turnover machine like past Bills QBs have been. Tyrod also is the best scrambling RB the NFL has to offer as we speak. That's why he can't be instantly replaced.

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jamze132 View Post
    The problem with your example is that Tyrod isn't a turnover machine like past Bills QBs have been. Tyrod also is the best scrambling RB the NFL has to offer as we speak. That's why he can't be instantly replaced.
    I don't want to replace his scrambling ability, I want to replace his quarterbacking ability. That is much easier to replace.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
    I don't want to replace his scrambling ability, I want to replace his quarterbacking ability. That is much easier to replace.
    Then why haven't you been able to name someone you're actually in favor of signing or drafting to do so?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I'm advocating for intelligent change
    You're not advocating for change at all. You're advocating for the same ol' same ol'. Which is exactly what someone hoping to continue the playoff drought would wish for.

I'd rather spend our resources improving our defense, giving Tyrod more weapons, and hiring a coach who doesn't look like he's smelling mystery farts every time the camera cuts to him on the sideline during games.
    Great! A new coach/GM will surely realize that Tyrod is going nowhere and will absolutely try to improve upon the most important position in all of professional team sports.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
    You're not advocating for change at all.
    If you need to lie to make your point, your point is- to cop your term- dog ****.