• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Rex is going to stay

No decisions have been made yet on Rex yet, he's won a few close games.
    Last edited by Skooby; 12-18-2016, 11:39 PM.
  • THRILLHO
    This is great, and all I've done is enter my name!
    • Feb 2009

Re: Rex is going to stay

Well this thread confirms that Rex is indeed gone.
    True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Comment

• Ed
      • Sep 2002

If they win the next two and finish 9-7 I think he gets one more year.

Comment

• Novacane
        • Jul 2002

Go Miami!!

Comment

• Novacane
          • Jul 2002

J E T S. Jets jets jets

Comment

• Historian
            2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
            • Dec 2002

There is something to be said for continuity. The Bills are not that far off, still being in the playoff hunt going into the second last week.

The problem is...not far off from what?

Most people are pissed about losing leads to Oakland and Pittsburgh.

I get it.

The games that really piss me off were the openers. Any semblance of offense, and the Bills beat Baltimore. Then they get embarrassed by the Jets on national TV, before pulling their heads out of their butts, and winning four in a row.

It's not a bad team.

It's a mediocre team without a true quarterback.

It's a team with a lot of talent, that is terribly undisciplined.

It's a team that gets decimated annually by injuries.

I'm kinda torn. I would like to see the dip**** twins run out of town, but on the other hand, I don't trust the Bills "brain-trust" to select the best candidate either.

So yea, the Ryans deserve to get the ax, but for what? Another Jauron or Gailey?

After 17 years I've become numb to the whole thing.
            Last edited by Historian; 12-19-2016, 05:34 AM.

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Historian View Post
              There is something to be said for continuity. The Bills are not that far off, still being in the playoff hunt going into the second last week.

I get it.

The games that really piss me off were the openers. Any semblance of offense, and the Bills beat Baltimore. Then they get embarrassed by the Jets on national TV, before pulling their heads out of their butts, and winning four in a row.

It's not a bad team.

I'm kinda torn. I would like to see the dip**** twins run out of town, but on the other hand, I don't trust the Bills "brain-trust" to select the best candidate either.

So yea, the Ryans deserve to get the ax, but for what? Another Jauron or Gailey?

Being 'this close' doesn't count, especially if the topic is only the playoffs, not an actual championship.

Tampa parted ways with the winningest coach in their history, and won the Super Bowl.
              Denver split with Fox, who had an overall W-L record of 46-18...and won the Super Bowl.

Wrecks needs to go, but the key is to bring in somebody that can build on what we have and get better, not tear it down once again.
              Wrecks had that opportunity, and he blew it.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...the only difference between the Bills and Denver in 2015 was they hired a legit coaching staff to replace Fox...we hired a buffoon with a clown car.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Historian View Post

I get it.

It's not a bad team.

Here's the issue, IMO:

Everyone knew he was going to blow it up. Everyone was fine with that, until he actually did it. Now that he's got the Defense trending up, and getting players to fit HIS system, you want to fire him and start all over again? No head coach is going to come into a new team and say, OK let's carry on from what the last guy did. Let's also not forget that the team is 7-7, and has had next to nobody healthy on offense for 3/4 of the season. They draft a guy (Shaq Lawson)with their first round pick, who can't play until the season is 3/4 of the way finished. Their best defensive player gets suspended for the first 4 games, then subsequently misses multiple games after that because he's a fat, out of shape turd. They have guys STARTING at safety who were bagging groceries 2 weeks ago.
                Rex deserves some blame, yes, because he is the head coach, but he also is undeserving of a lot of blame that he is getting. I'm tired of reading moron Bills fans wanting to fire Rex, and then will ***** about whoever the Bills hire if they don't win instantly.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                  Skoobasaurus-Rex
                  • Oct 2011

If Rex leaves, it would have to be for someone incredible to come aboard with their staff. 2 teams are there now so I don't see a clear path nor would I want a Jeff Fisher lead team.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                    • Aug 2004

I don't know what you take on the rift between the Rex and the front office with the story Whaley wants Rex fired after the Steelers game. If the rift exists, then someone gotta go.

Last edited by ghz in pittsburgh; 12-19-2016, 06:42 AM.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                      Being 'this close' doesn't count, especially if the topic is only the playoffs, not an actual championship.

Tampa parted ways with the winningest coach in their history, and won the Super Bowl.
                      Denver split with Fox, who had an overall W-L record of 46-18...and won the Super Bowl.

Wrecks needs to go, but the key is to bring in somebody that can build on what we have and get better, not tear it down once again.
                      Wrecks had that opportunity, and he blew it.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...the only difference between the Bills and Denver in 2015 was they hired a legit coaching staff to replace Fox...we hired a buffoon with a clown car.
                      You really think this team is worth not tearing down and starting over?
                      COMING SOON...
                      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                        • Mar 2004

If Ryan is fired, Whaley better go as well. He can't get along with any head coach that isn't a "yes" man, and kisses his ass. That's why Marrone left, that's why Ryan will get fired. Whaley has a giant ego, and it needs to be axed.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                          Yes and no. The problem is the team lacks skill at the most important positions--QB and secondary. It's hard to see anybody coming in and winning more than 8-9 games with this roster. They need a QB that can win games if they have to. They need corners and safeties that can cover people consistently.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                            • Jun 2024

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                            YES.

It is currently built like a house of cards.

Comment

• Historian
                              2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                              • Dec 2002

And as usual, slimy-ass Brandon plays both sides of the fence, and will come out out smelling like a rose.

Comment

Working...
                              X