Thread: All in

Thanks
    Thanked 8,914 Times in 5,306 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

All in

GMTM needs to go "all-in" at this point. If not he will gone in a year or two.

Here's how...

Samson Reinhart, 2017 1st round pick and a prospect... for Matt Duchene

ROR - Duchene - Okposo

sign Vanek in offseason

Kane - Eichel - Vanek

Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 Times in 4,053 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: All in

Isn't ROR our best faceoff guy? Why would we move him to wing?

I love the idea of a Kane/Eichel/Vanek line though. That sounds neat.

3. Post thanked by:

coastal (12-23-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Because Duchene is second best in the league at it and the two of them had their best season when they played on a line together.

one last thing... pray Las Vegas takes Bogo and then use that money to sign Brian boyle to play 3rd line center between Foligno and Fasching. Drop Larson to 4th line center.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,518 Times in 17,411 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I don't want Vanek again.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

6. Post thanked by:

trapezeus (12-26-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    He just had an assist on Detroit's game tying goal and a goal in the shootout.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    Because Duchene is second best in the league at it and the two of them had their best season when they played on a line together.

one last thing... pray Las Vegas takes Bogo and then use that money to sign Brian boyle to play 3rd line center between Foligno and Fasching. Drop Larson to 4th line center.
    Reinhart, a 2017 first rounder and a prospect for Matt Duchene??? Not simply for the benefit of a few more face-off wins, No thanks!

Reinhart and Duchene are just about equal in points...no gains there. Equal in PP goals, no gain there. In fact, there's no gain anywhere except for face-offs.
    Reinhart gets $ 3 mil a yr.......Duchene gets $ 6 mil....3 million more a yr for a better face-off average??...must be cheaper options.

GMTM should be tarred and feathered if he made a deal like that....especially since Reinhart hasn't reached his full potential and our 2017 first rounder is likely to be mid-round (as things are going)

Vanek? No thanks to that either. Even the Minn announcers say his game has fallen off.

Only part I'd agree with is Las Vegas can take Bogo
    Last edited by snow1989; 12-24-2016 at 12:17 AM.
    I've upped my standards...now up yours

9. Post thanked by:

trapezeus (12-26-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by snow1989 View Post
    Reinhart, a 2017 first rounder and a prospect for Matt Duchene??? Not simply for the benefit of a few more face-off wins, No thanks!

Reinhart and Duchene are just about equal in points...no gains there. Equal in PP goals, no gain there. In fact, there's no gain anywhere except for face-offs.
    Reinhart gets $ 3 mil a yr.......Duchene gets $ 6 mil....3 million more a yr for a better face-off average??...must be cheaper options.

GMTM should be tarred and feathered if he made a deal like that....especially since Reinhart hasn't reached his full potential and our 2017 first rounder is likely to be mid-round (as things are going)

Vanek? No thanks to that either. Even the Minn announcers say his game has fallen off.

Only part I'd agree with is Las Vegas can take Bogo
    in case you haven't noticed, the Sabres are a few spots from the bottom of the league and can't score goals.

whats your solution?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

in case you haven't noticed, the Sabres are a few spots from the bottom of the league and can't score goals.

whats your solution?
    Well which are you fixing? Your reply was Duchene because of his face-off stats....granted, winning more face-offs can lead to goals, I just don't see $ 3 mil a yr benefit...

As for scoring.....if Coach B stopped juggling lines all the time maybe the guys would get some chemistry. I understand the injury bug and having to sub guys in it happens to all teams at some point, but substitute for that guy and leave the rest of the lines alone.

Personally I'm for hacking some dead weight and letting the "kids" play and grow together. Dead weight being Grant, Deslauriers, Bogo, Gorges and if they can't return to previous forms Girgs and Ennis. Bring in Nylander, Guhle, Bailey and/or free agent/trade for a couple other pieces.

12. Post thanked by:

JATMtheJATM (12-24-2016),trapezeus (12-26-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,481 Times in 12,026 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by snow1989 View Post
    Well which are you fixing? Your reply was Duchene because of his face-off stats....granted, winning more face-offs can lead to goals, I just don't see $ 3 mil a yr benefit...

As for scoring.....if Coach B stopped juggling lines all the time maybe the guys would get some chemistry. I understand the injury bug and having to sub guys in it happens to all teams at some point, but substitute for that guy and leave the rest of the lines alone.

Personally I'm for hacking some dead weight and letting the "kids" play and grow together. Dead weight being Grant, Deslauriers, Bogo, Gorges and if they can't return to previous forms Girgs and Ennis. Bring in Nylander, Guhle, Bailey and/or free agent/trade for a couple other pieces.
    Bingo on the dead weight. But I do agree with coastal saying Murray needs to have the sabres so better now.

Here's where I do disagree with his plan. The first this June is looking like it'll be high again. I'd keep that or only move it for something big. A younger player. Samson, I still believe he's going to be a franchise cornerstone, but for the right price, I'd move him. I think a move is needed, badly, but not those pieces for that price.

But you are also right. Wayyyy too much dead weight on this team. At this point, the season looks lost and I'd rather the sabres start selling off dead weight (if they can) and let Bailey, Baptiste, even cat play in the show and see what they have. Girgs... He's got half a season to do something. Ennis too. When he returns.

And Murray needs to hire a GM for the Amerks. Now. Things are stagnanting down there and it's because he took on too much.

And disco Dan. I like him, but he's not coaching This team well. Changes are needed. Personal wise and player wise. I just don't know if that dramatic of a move is needed yet.

And Bogo. OMG please take him, Vegas. Free up that can space and roster spot. But not for guhle, let that kid ripen in Rochester. Nylander too. We see what's happening with his brother in toronto
    Last edited by JATMtheJATM; 12-24-2016 at 05:38 PM.
    Flag of Ukraine.svg

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

He just had an assist on Detroit's game tying goal and a goal in the shootout.
    He's a brooding headcase. Plays hard when it suits him. Which wasn't often in Buffalo. No to Vanek.

15. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (12-24-2016),YardRat (12-24-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    As a secondary scoring option, it isn't bad. Plus, shootouts. But I mean of he was brought back to be the guy again... No

Thanks
    Thanked 26,286 Times in 13,719 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Absolutely not on Vanek

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Here's a list of potential ufas next summer.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles...in-2017/page/3

I want hanzal.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

just fire Bylsma..he's the problem anyway

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I wouldn't do either move.

Trading Reinhart would be stupid. Signing Vanek would be even stupider.

Replace Reinhart with O'Reilly in your trade idea and I'm on board. O'Reilly is great on faceoffs, he's still young and brings some grit which should give him good trade value even though he's injured seemingly all the time, especially this year.

I'd hope the Knights take on Evander Kane instead of Bogo though and then draft Kristian Vesalainen. Then sign Jarome Iginla or Jaromir Jagr for vet leadership, teach the youngsters how to do things right at the NHL level and the fact both have Cup experience. One of these moves would replace Kane offensively and bring in a better attitude to the locker room.

On D I'd take a look at bringing in Shattenkirk to shore up the blue line. Maybe you can make a deal by the deadline to bring him to give you a longer look and the first opportunity at signing him.

And I'd fire Bylsma and Murray. Bylsma could be fired tomorrow.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Colorado wouldn't take Oreilly back after just dealing him

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Good point on the exact trade Coastal suggested...I was speaking more in generality on someone to move for value that would make more sense than trading away Reinhart.

Reinhart, Eichel and Risto, I view as your cornerstone pieces.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    Good point on the exact trade Coastal suggested...I was speaking more in generality on someone to move for value that would make more sense than trading away Reinhart.

Reinhart, Eichel and Risto, I view as your cornerstone pieces.
    I'd agree. Maybe even Nylander if he develops well enough. Guhle too