Dennis Thurman and Ed Reed Out, Mike Pettine and Donnie Henderson In?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yasgur's Farm
    • Feb 2005

Re: Dennis Thurman and Ed Reed Out, Mike Pettine and Donnie Henderson In?

Bubbye Rex

Comment

• Oaf
      Do you read what you write?
      • Jun 2007

I'm with BI here. Continuity for a year 3 would be appreciated if we can fire some defensive staff, bring TT on a team-friendly contract (or let him walk and start Cardale).

Comment

• sudzy
        • Apr 2013

If the defense was playing well and the offense sucked, then an argument could be made to keep Rex and find the right OC to go with him. But, when your coach is known as a "defensive guru" and has a reputation as being "hands off" on offense and his defense is this bad. Even with more then it's share of the teams resources being throw at it? I'm not sure if there is anywhere to go with that.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

The thread has some valid points. I would have liked to seen Rex go for it on 4th and 3 in OT. However if they hadn't made it there would have been a thousand articles on he didn't trust his defense....blah, blah, blah

I agree Reed was a joke and directly related to our secondary being the worst I've seen in years!

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Oaf View Post
            I'm with BI here. Continuity for a year 3 would be appreciated if we can fire some defensive staff, bring TT on a team-friendly contract (or let him walk and start Cardale).
            You want continuity? Wrecks has been a head coach for eight seasons now, and six of those he didn't improve on the team's previous season's won-loss record. He's coached a team to a better than .500 record in only two seasons and both of those were immediately after taking over a Jets team that already posted 9-7 prior. His hallmark is mediocrity and under-achieving, which we've had for 17 seasons straight. I can do without that kind of continuity.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
            X