Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sampling of Mock Drafts (1/1)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,889 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Sampling of Mock Drafts (1/1)

Quote Originally Posted by The Jokeman View Post
    True or we could have also drafted Paxton Lynch or Christian Hackenberg or Jacoby Brissett or Cody Kessler or.....
    That is where a good GM and scouts makes their money. We joke about Jerry Jones, but, he found Romo as a street FA and Prescott in the 4th round. Either he's lucky with throwing darts at the draft board or he understand the qualities that go into an NFL QB. We end up with EJ and Cardale...ugh.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 Times in 1,428 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sudzy View Post
    That is where a good GM and scouts makes their money. We joke about Jerry Jones, but, he found Romo as a street FA and Prescott in the 4th round. Either he's lucky with throwing darts at the draft board or he understand the qualities that go into an NFL QB. We end up with EJ and Cardale...ugh.
    Romo took 4 years to develop. I know people cite Dak but as just presented there were other QBs drafted before him that struggled or didn't produce, so I guess we're not the only team to miss the boat on him.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,047 Times in 661 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'd stay away from WRs in the first. We already have Watkins and Woods. We lack depth, but that can be fixed in FA.
    We're a run first team, and until we get a QB, all the WR talent in the world would mean jack squat.

I think we go defense. Best available CB or Safety has to be the pick. If Lynn stays and the rumors are true about Gus Bradley coming, we're likely going back to 4-3. Our front 7 looks to pretty much set (depth is an issue and I wouldnt mind another LB), but our secondary was by far our biggest weakness.

4. Post thanked by:

TacklingDummy (01-02-2017),YardRat (01-02-2017)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    I'd stay away from WRs in the first. We already have Watkins and Woods. We lack depth, but that can be fixed in FA.
    We're a run first team, and until we get a QB, all the WR talent in the world would mean jack squat.

I think we go defense. Best available CB or Safety has to be the pick. If Lynn stays and the rumors are true about Gus Bradley coming, we're likely going back to 4-3. Our front 7 looks to pretty much set (depth is an issue and I wouldnt mind another LB), but our secondary was by far our biggest weakness.
    Woods is an UFA, no guaranteeing he'll be back. I like the idea of WR that can develop and possibly replace Sammy if we don't keep him past his rookie contract. I'm not opposed to a CB either if we lose Gilmore. Yet I have a feeling a QB may fall to us and that could change everything.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

1. Ethan Pocic, C/G, LSU
      Height: 6-7. Weight: 309.
      Projected 40 Time: 5.39.
      Projected Round (2017): 1-3.
      12/10/16: Pocic has played well overall in 2016. He is an athletic center who is well-balanced as a run blocker and pass protector. Pocic did a nice job of opening holes at the point of attack and was reliable with giving his quarterback time. Pocic isn't a bulldozing interior offensive linemen, but he fires to the second level to hit blocks while being effective on double teams. For the NFL, it would help Pocic to add more strength to create more movement in the ground game and hold up against bull rushers.

8/6/16: Pocic was very good in 2015. The second-year starter made an impact at the point of attack with well-rounded play in the ground game and reliability in pass protection. Pocic helped open a lot of holes for Leonard Fournette to have a massive 2015 season.

Pocic has natural athleticism and is excellent at hitting blocks on the second level. He does a quality job of sustaining his blocks and has strong technique with hand placement. While Pocic isn't a true bull as a run blocker, he is effective at opening holes in the ground game.

In pass protection, Pocic has been very reliable. He is good at hitting double teams on tackles and also is smart in his positioning. He also has the athleticism and quickness to help handle interior speed rushers. Adding some strength to his base will help him against the heavy, powerful 3-4 nose tackles who are in the NFL. Pocic has an interesting body type for the next level. He is taller than most teams like to have at center, but that is if his listed height is accurate, and more often than not, schools exaggerate the height and weight of players.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by stuckincincy View Post
    It's like the Sears & Roebuck Christmas catalogs of yore...the dreams, the hopes...
    ...the bra and panties ads...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by mdcas22 View Post
    1. Ethan Pocic, C/G, LSU
      Height: 6-7. Weight: 309.
      Projected 40 Time: 5.39.
      Projected Round (2017): 1-3.
      12/10/16: Pocic has played well overall in 2016. He is an athletic center who is well-balanced as a run blocker and pass protector. Pocic did a nice job of opening holes at the point of attack and was reliable with giving his quarterback time. Pocic isn't a bulldozing interior offensive linemen, but he fires to the second level to hit blocks while being effective on double teams. For the NFL, it would help Pocic to add more strength to create more movement in the ground game and hold up against bull rushers.

8/6/16: Pocic was very good in 2015. The second-year starter made an impact at the point of attack with well-rounded play in the ground game and reliability in pass protection. Pocic helped open a lot of holes for Leonard Fournette to have a massive 2015 season.

Pocic has natural athleticism and is excellent at hitting blocks on the second level. He does a quality job of sustaining his blocks and has strong technique with hand placement. While Pocic isn't a true bull as a run blocker, he is effective at opening holes in the ground game.

In pass protection, Pocic has been very reliable. He is good at hitting double teams on tackles and also is smart in his positioning. He also has the athleticism and quickness to help handle interior speed rushers. Adding some strength to his base will help him against the heavy, powerful 3-4 nose tackles who are in the NFL. Pocic has an interesting body type for the next level. He is taller than most teams like to have at center, but that is if his listed height is accurate, and more often than not, schools exaggerate the height and weight of players.

As eluded if he is 6-7 he is a tad too tall to be a center and possibly guard, I know he's been as a possible RT candidate but then have to question if he has the feet, not in the 1st Round but maybe later.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,905 Times in 4,025 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    I vote the Clemson guy...
    A DB from Clemson!!!!

We can kill 2 of the continuous drafting mistakes in one stone!!

10. Post thanked by:

alohabillsfan (01-02-2017),coastal (01-04-2017),jimmifli (01-03-2017)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by cookie G View Post
    A DB from Clemson!!!!

We can kill 2 of the continuous drafting mistakes in one stone!!
    Cordrea Tankersley is his name and definitely be a reach at pick 10 to make it a perfect fit [/sarcasm].

Thanks
    Thanked 1,961 Times in 1,235 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Hooker going pro.

13. Post thanked by:

Ed (01-02-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,005 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kingJofNYC View Post
    Hooker going pro.
    Great news. I'd be happy with Hooker, Adams, or Peppers. It's hard to imagine three safeties going in the top 9, so I think there's a decent chance one of those guys is a Bill next year.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Pepper ins Round 1, Desmond King in Round 2.

Two Day 1 starters in the secondary. 2 skilled return men, and willing tackles.

Go on and win free agency and throw a boatload of money at Eric Berry (the money earmarked for Gilmore).

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

True or we could have also drafted Paxton Lynch or Christian Hackenberg or Jacoby Brissett or Cody Kessler or.....
    Cody Kessler didn't play poorly, not that he was great either but 8 starts 65.6% 1380 yards 6 TD 2 INT. He's no long term solution however.

Thanks
    Thanked 24,470 Times in 14,178 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    Hooker has already said he's heading back. That could change but I doubt it.
    I was dead wrong here.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I think the pick is either Marshon Lattimore or Marlon Humphrey.

Gonna replace Gilmore.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I do not want Peppers at all, the guy is an athlete but is not good in coverage. I also have seen him take plays off and not go hard after a tackle. I would rather the safety from LSU.

20. Post thanked by:

kingJofNYC (01-04-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 1,507 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by cookie G View Post
    Does anyone really care? Seriously?
    This. And the answer (for me) is NO!

Don't care who they hire at the end of this magical coaching search either.

The tumors will still be in the organization spreading cancer all over the place.

The whole thing needs to be nuked and started over with a strong, proven (emphasis on PROVEN) GM/President/Czar as the first and only hire made by the Pegulas. From there said strong, proven GM/President/Czar builds the thing his way.

Until that happens i don't give a damn who they draft or who they hire. It's irrelevant.
    All Hail Josh Allen! Savior of the Buffalo Bills!

Freedom for the Ukraine. Down with Putin and every traitor in this country that supports him.

22. Post thanked by:

coastal (01-04-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,482 Times in 7,097 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

As eluded if he is 6-7 he is a tad too tall to be a center and possibly guard, I know he's been as a possible RT candidate but then have to question if he has the feet, not in the 1st Round but maybe later.
    If we keep Tyrod we'll need 5'5" linemen. Hopefully they can chop block entire DL so Tyrod can see the middle of the field.

24. Post thanked by:

Bill Cody (01-05-2017)

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    Bills will officially be picking #10 as of this evening so all of the mocks below will change, but it's not a bad idea to see who some of the mocks are seeing as options for the Bills.

Walter's Football: CB Marlon Humphrey - Alabama
    Draft site:CB Sidney Jones - Washington
    Pro Football Focus: RB Leonard Fournette - LSU
    Drafttek: WR JuJu Schuster - USC
    NJ.com: WR JuJu Schuster - USC
    CBS: WR Mike Williams - Clemson
    DraftWire: S Jamal Adams - LSU
    SI.com: OT Cam Robinson - Alabama

Out of the seven mocks sampled the positions were WR (3), CB (2), RB (1), S (1), and OT (1). The most common pick was JuJu Schuster from USC.
    Thanks for the compilation.

WR makes sense for them, what with Watkin's injury situations and the likelihood ofWwoods bolting in FA.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

26. Post thanked by:

DraftBoy (01-05-2017)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Saw two mocks today that list the Bills taking DeShaun Watson.

MMQB SI has them taking Watson 10th overall and Walter Football has them taking him at 44th.

Both of these mocks have been updated in the last day.