Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: With No Clear QB, OC Hire Will Be A Leap Of Faith

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: With No Clear QB, OC Hire Will Be A Leap Of Faith

Quote Originally Posted by BillsImpossible View Post
    The Pegula's have long term vision.

If Terry Pegula let every setback he encountered in his life effect him in a negative way, he wouldn't be a super successful billionaire with an amazing wife.

They don't want to repeat the mistakes of Bills past with a stop gap QB in Taylor, and Taylor is not going to restructure his contract because he and his agent know some other team will hitch their wagon to the ground instead of the stars.
    Did you not read his interview with Tim Graham. Pegs did hos part. He kept the team in Buffalo. This Kims baby. As long as the Bills are making money he could care less.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,885 Times in 4,012 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Get Rivers out of that den of sin that is LA:

Let him see some of the incredible Catholic edifices dotting the Buffalo Diocese;
    Have him spend a night with the born again Kelly's and let let them know why they've stayed in the area;
    Schedule a lunch with the Bishop if needed. Let him get to know Sammi, introduce him to Shady (but just keep it at introductions).

The TT situation:

While doing that, have a come to Jesus talk with Tyrod. Let him know that he has marketable skills, but it is a pretty limited market. Reuniting him with the best OC to showcase those skills is by far in his best hope for glory. With nearly every other OC, he's going to end up sitting.

Renegotiate his contract with the blessing of the Spanos family in anticipation of a trade.

The Spanos factor:

Remind him of why he took Anthony Lynn in the first place. Let him know that an offense with Lynn and TT scored only 11 points less than the offense with his golden boy Rivers. With TT, Melvin Gordon, a bigger role for Ronnie HIllman and the return of Keenan Allen...they can produce a productive offense...

...and it will be for millions less per year.

As to worrying about what his fan base might think of trading Rivers...he has no fanbase any longer. So this is the year to do it.

You throw in a 2nd this year and a third next year, they dump a very high salary for a player that has 2-3 more years in the league, tops.

That's my 2-3 year stop gap.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,831 Times in 2,091 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    If you were Taylor would you want to come back?
    When he realizes he's not the hot commodity that some people think he is, it will probably be too late to return at a reasonable contract. He'll be lucky to find a starting job next year. (I'm on record predicting he ends up in Chicago)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
    When he realizes he's not the hot commodity that some people think he is, it will probably be too late to return at a reasonable contract. He'll be lucky to find a starting job next year. (I'm on record predicting he ends up in Chicago)
    He's going to want to be wherever he can get a starting gig. The number of options is limited. And his final landing spot depends on what happens to Tony Romo IMO.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,889 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

If they don't pick up the option, he's going to look elsewhere. It will come down to the best option to start and money. In the scenario he listed, Taylor would still be the favorite to start.

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Thurmal View Post
    I'll take Foles over Taylor. I'd take Cutler over Taylor. Tired of seeing replays of Sammy Watkins open down the sideline for a sure TD, waving his hand frantically to get Taylor's attention, and Taylor completely missing him as he dumps off to Felton for a two-yard gain. Or runs out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage.
    When healthy, Clay was wide open all too often. He was probably shorted 50-70 receptions these past 2 years.

I keep thinking how nice it would have been to have someone throwing the ball down the middle of the field without fear.

I do not want Taylor back. He did his job as the transition QB and it's time for someone else with a new HC coming in. I can accept any growing pains at this point. We have a good running game without the QB running around frantic.

7. Post thanked by:

YardRat (01-14-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 30,518 Times in 17,411 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Depends on the terms.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS