Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tim Graham talks to Pegulas

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Tim Graham talks to Pegulas

The Pegula's lay it out pretty clearly, including at the end.

Sports ownership being the unusual animal that it is, how do you balance your approach as a private business owner with what the public wants?TP: This business is so competitive. You can't just disclose your plans. 'What's your objective in the draft this year?' Why would we answer that question? 'What are you going to do with this player? What are you going to do with that player?' We can't disclose the secrets and plans for our team. Otherwise, we'd be giving every other team an advantage. I can understand everyone wanting to know, but they should also understand if we divulged everything that went on in our meetings we probably wouldn't win a game.
    KP: For sure, it's a delicate balance. Those are tough decisions that we and our staff have to make on a regular basis, balancing what the fans want and what's best for the organization.

Of course they aren't going to answer every single question.

Pretty much every question I think they should have answered, they did. They were asked about the coaching search and front office structure and answered most of the questions about those topics. They didn't want to go into detail about what they were looking for in a coach, that's fine. They didn't want to discuss Tyrod, because they are going to leave it up to the GM and HC to figure that out, that's fine.

I don't see the issue here.

Havin' a ball ... rollin' to the bottom Homegrown's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,131 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

TP - I'm a huge proponent of both Miranda Rights & the 5th Amendment

Thanks
    Thanked 24,457 Times in 14,168 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by WagonCircler View Post
    You make the point that you're not quite sure if they completely "get" that public comments have reactions. Well, get used to it. They're not going to "get" it.
    That public comments and actions have a different reaction in the world of sports than it does in private enterprise. I'm just not sure what having a degree in Public Relations is supposed to matter.

Oh, wait, I get it. You're being a dick. Or you just are a dick.
    Option 2.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,191 Times in 625 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by elroy16 View Post
    The Pegula's lay it out pretty clearly, including at the end.

Of course they aren't going to answer every single question.

Pretty much every question I think they should have answered, they did. They were asked about the coaching search and front office structure and answered most of the questions about those topics. They didn't want to go into detail about what they were looking for in a coach, that's fine. They didn't want to discuss Tyrod, because they are going to leave it up to the GM and HC to figure that out, that's fine.

I don't see the issue here.
    I am reassured that they're leaving the Tyrod thing to the GM/HC. I was a little concerned that they weren't.
    Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

5. Post thanked by:

elroy16 (01-13-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 24,457 Times in 14,168 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Saratoga Slim View Post
    I am reassured that they're leaving the Tyrod thing to the GM/HC. I was a little concerned that they weren't.
    I don't think they did originally.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I feel somewhat better after to reading the article but still wish someone with a proven background to run a football operations department (Ron Wolfe, etc...) would have been brought in to help steer the ship until they figured this thing out correctly.

Unlike most, Brandon does not bother me at all, if TP is speaking truthful and he is there to learn and listen but not offer opinions or vote on football decisions then I have no problem with that. Brandon has been great for the bills getting a larger footprint, more money to stay viable while staying in the area, and honestly we should all thank him a little as he was on the team to pick the owners so he was instrumental in keeping the bills in buffalo.

I am not sure I still understand how football decisions are made. I agree that the Head coach and the GM should have a say and should work in concert with each other, but in the hopefully unlikely event of a disagreement who gets the vote (a football VP or Czar would be preferred here).

As for Tyrod I commend them for noticing if they did he is not good enough to win a championship, we all know that. That said what is their plan to get better than him?

Cutting Tyrod and letting Cardale or rookie starts means this team will struggle next year more than likely. Keeping Tyrod says they think they can make a push for the playoffs but at what cost?

I still have questions but based on that interview they are not going to answer them, which I guess is the perogative.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Turf View Post
    , but Terry does come off as being quite defensive....
    Somebody who is being attacked comes off as being defensive? Ponder that for a moment.

The guy is not responsible for 17 years of Buffalo futility...only for a couple of few.

Who really cares about how firing Rex went down? Pegula should probably have went door-to-door and kissed all of our babies on the cheek? The way that all was handled wasn't NEARLY as bad as it was taken by a lot of people.rex was fired, then we want to inspect management's ass-whole with a microscope?

Time to move on, I says...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

What I got out of this.

Terry doesnt want to hear anymore about the playoff drought.

This is Kims shiny new toy. Terry seems disinterested in day to day operations.

10. Post thanked by:

Historian (01-13-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,319 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    That public comments and actions have a different reaction in the world of sports than it does in private enterprise. I'm just not sure what having a degree in Public Relations is supposed to matter.

Option 2.
    It should at least help you to discern that simple insight. I mean, even you were able to.

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,299 Times in 15,447 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by elroy16 View Post
    Pretty much every question I think they should have answered, they did. They were asked about the coaching search and front office structure and answered most of the questions about those topics.
    Buffalo Biscuits!

No one is asking him for the nuclear launch codes.

No one is asking him to lay out the Xs and Os of draft strategy, or the team's playbook. (probably doesn't understand it in the first place)

They asked him what qualities he was looking for in a coach. Probably the most innocuous question of the lot.

All he's gotta say is...hard working....detail oriented...yadda yadda yadda, as opposed to clamming up and stating " it's a private matter. "

You have a history of two teams over half a decade who have both gone backwards under their ownership, and he gets his dander up over questions of their competency?

Unreal.

Unless part of the job description is to service his wife once a week.

How ****ing silly.

13. Post thanked by:

Novacane (01-13-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,943 Times in 3,495 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

that interview is painful to read. Peg comes off as a know nothing, arrogant dick. The Brandon section is probably the worst. Peg only addresses the "breaking down film" part of the question but even that is alarming. WTF is a business guy doing breaking down film? And Peg likes to break down film? But there's no disfunction, nothing to see here, any suggestion to the contrary is an "insult", no football czar is needed. Ok....

He sounds like "we do what we do because that's what we want to do and why is our business". Gives you a warm fuzzy feeling that all is well, no?

15. Post thanked by:

Mace (01-14-2017)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cody View Post
    that interview is painful to read. Peg comes off as a know nothing, arrogant dick. The Brandon section is probably the worst. Peg only addresses the "breaking down film" part of the question but even that is alarming. WTF is a business guy doing breaking down film? And Peg likes to break down film? But there's no disfunction, nothing to see here, any suggestion to the contrary is an "insult", no football czar is needed. Ok....

He sounds like "we do what we do because that's what we want to do and why is our business". Gives you a warm fuzzy feeling that all is well, no?
    The worst part, to me, is this notion that they're somehow protecting company secret procedures. Like ANYONE wants to emulate them.

17. Post thanked by:

Bill Cody (01-16-2017),Historian (01-14-2017),Mace (01-14-2017),Novacane (01-15-2017),Strongman (01-15-2017)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by chris66 View Post
    What I got out of this.

Terry doesnt want to hear anymore about the playoff drought.

This is Kims shiny new toy. Terry seems disinterested in day to day operations.
    well then we're in a lot of trouble. She's young and healthy - she's probably going to be running things for the majority of the rest of our lives. She met the billionaire, Terry, who was 20 years older than her, while she was a waitress at a restaurant he went to. He gave her a job shortly after, while they were already dating, and now we're here.

If Kim is already handling more than Terry, expect that gap to widen as time goes on, and he gets older. So yea, waitress vs self made billionaires throughout the NFL - good luck to us.

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,494 Times in 9,189 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

He was trying not to reveal his McDermott statement where he pretty much said most of the things he said he didn't want to. He could have worded it different and come out more assertive and aware in both, imho anyway.

I'm ok with Pegula not being the most assured public speaker, but I don't understand why he tries harder not to be.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Terrance is in denial if he thinks there's no dysfunction. The leaks alone indicate that not everyone is on the same page

21. Post thanked by:

swiper (01-15-2017)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Strongman View Post
    Terrance is in denial if he thinks there's no dysfunction. The leaks alone indicate that not everyone is on the same page
    And the leaks are from Whaley.

23. Post thanked by:

Strongman (01-15-2017)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by WagonCircler View Post
    And the leaks are from Whaley.
    Probably. The sad part of the article is TP thinks everything is hunky dory and is content to listen to his "football" guys Whaley and Russ (who attends everything and yet supposedly has no input). They have TP and Kim snookered into believing everybody else is the problem.

This is going to be a 7 to 9 win football team for the foreseeable future.

25. Post thanked by:

WagonCircler (01-15-2017)