Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Time for Eichel to step up

Thanks
    Thanked 8,915 Times in 5,307 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Time for Eichel to step up

Matthews just scored his 40th of the year and the Leafs have clinched a playoff spot.

eichel and the sabres... well they're talking about how they need improved accountability.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,512 Times in 12,050 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    Matthews just scored his 40th of the year and the Leafs have clinched a playoff spot.

eichel and the sabres... well they're talking about how they need improved accountability.
    Don't bag Eichel. He's been outstanding this season. Blame bylsma and Murray. They own this disappointment. Not Jack
    Flag of Ukraine.svg

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    Don't bag Eichel. He's been outstanding this season. Blame bylsma and Murray. They own this disappointment. Not Jack
    oh I agree...

Blysma has to go. Murray has next year at the most.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

oh I agree...

Unless the build finally comes through. I think it will and he knows it has to. So I'm hopeful he goes hard...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

oh I agree...

Unless the build finally comes through. I think it will and he knows it has to. So I'm hopeful he goes hard...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Did anyone watch his exit interview?

I fully realize he's a kid, but his hanging his head, avoiding eye contact, aloof answers... sorry but he came off like a douchebag.

there is clearly a problem in this orgamization and GMTM and Blysma are laying it squarely on the players laps. risky move... this has the makings of an epic failure next year.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,593 Times in 17,467 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

You'd be pissed too if you got knocked out of a $2mil performance bonus on the last weekend of games.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    You'd be pissed too if you got knocked out of a $2mil performance bonus on the last weekend of games.
    In spite of his production, it's my guess he's one of the guy... or the lead guy who isn't buying into Bylsma.

Kane is producer... Eichel is a producer...

both game changers... Murray/Bylsma need to figure out how to get them on their team AND hold them accountable to the team.

if it were me...

Step 1:
    Jack Eichel is the captain next year.

Step 2:
    Trade Samson for a puck moving D.

Step 3:
    Extend Kane and put him on Jack's LW.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,219 Times in 3,688 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    S--t happens, should of sat out the last few to lock in his millions if possible. Let's put the extra $2 Million towards a new downtown stadium versus paying the runner-up prize for our tank and miss of McDavid the Art Ross holder.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
    S--t happens, should of sat out the last few to lock in his millions if possible. Let's put the extra $2 Million towards a new downtown stadium versus paying the runner-up prize for our tank and miss of McDavid the Art Ross holder.
    Your lack of hockey intellect is startling

Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 Times in 4,053 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Your lack of hockey intellect is startling
    There's an unnecessary word in this sentence, but if you take it out then we can't really justify the comment's existence on this particular forum.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ICRockets View Post
    There's an unnecessary word in this sentence, but if you take it out then we can't really justify the comment's existence on this particular forum.
    Haha, witty and charming. You guys enjoying the combined ~2 and half decades of Buffalo sports playoff droughts ?? We've been competing for the toilet bowl, what a gift to cherish it's been.

I've spent more time skating with professional hockey players than you've watched hockey in your life. I grew up not to far from sabreland and holiday twin rinks, Patty Lafontaine time and playing with all those guys in pick-up hockey every summer for many years. It's been really hard to watch the Sabres flop, you have no clue. Also, it's really hard watching how bad we can play in stretches. Dan B. must drink before the game thinking the ending is a win, well it's not.

Time to grow up boys, watch the playoffs and notice the difference between us and the good teams. It's a gulf right now, we aren't even close.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 Times in 4,053 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

watch the playoffs and notice the difference between us and the good teams. It's a gulf right now, we aren't even close.
    That doesn't mean it's Eichel's fault.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Bingo

Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie. DetDannyWilliams's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Cap Friendly noticed the razor-thin margin this morning, and the Associated Press later confirmed that Eichel had a clause in his contract guaranteeing a $2 million bonus if he finished in the top 10. Draisaitl was trailing Eichel heading into the final game of the season, but Eichel didn’t score or notch an assist while Draisaitl had both a goal and an assist.

http://deadspin.com/jack-eichel-miss...s-b-1794201575

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DetDannyWilliams View Post
    Cap Friendly noticed the razor-thin margin this morning, and the Associated Press later confirmed that Eichel had a clause in his contract guaranteeing a $2 million bonus if he finished in the top 10. Draisaitl was trailing Eichel heading into the final game of the season, but Eichel didn’t score or notch an assist while Draisaitl had both a goal and an assist.

http://deadspin.com/jack-eichel-miss...s-b-1794201575
    By my math, if he misses the last game he beats the other guy out. Quite a kick in the nuts, it won't help when we want to work out a new contract.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Good players play, great players lead. Name a recent Stanley cup winner that didn't have a known leader, please enlighten us. Jack isn't ready to help, McDavid helped lead the NHL in points and his team, the rebuild worked. We got a huge bill and a player injured ~25% of the season. He was 11th in games per point (missing out on that bonus), hopefully that money can be motivation or recouped in his new contract.

When I watched the Sabres this season, I witnessed inconsistent play and lots of head scratchers. It's like we changed every period, if to only fail. Maybe you caught something different but the bottom of the Atlantic speaks volumes. Thinking we are on our way up or getting better is Anti-OP (the old one). If anything, I think we have a real-good player in Jack who'll want to get a massive contract for like looking a hero on a Semi-pro squad. That's a formula for cap pains & forcing the team to neglect other positions (like our terrible defense).

I think we are really screwed until Pegula cuts the old guard out & gets real people in place separately dedicated to hockey and football. It's really sad to watch us flop around in both sports, it's actually a huge disappointment. I'd plan on many more of those in the near term, we are going nowhere fast.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Good players play, great players lead. Name a recent Stanley cup winner that didn't have a known leader, please enlighten us. Jack isn't ready to help, McDavid helped lead the NHL in points and his team, the rebuild worked. We got a huge bill and a player injured ~25% of the season. He was 11th in games per point (missing out on that bonus), hopefully that money can be motivation or recouped in his new contract.

When I watched the Sabres this season, I witnessed inconsistent play and lots of head scratchers. It's like we changed every period, if to only fail. Maybe you caught something different but the bottom of the Atlantic speaks volumes. Thinking we are on our way up or getting better is Anti-OP (the old one). If anything, I think we have a real-good player in Jack who'll want to get a massive contract for like looking a hero on a Semi-pro squad. That's a formula for cap pains & forcing the team to neglect other positions (like our terrible defense).

I think we are really screwed until Pegula cuts the old guard out & gets real people in place separately dedicated to hockey and football. It's really sad to watch us flop around in both sports, it's actually a huge disappointment. I'd plan on many more of those in the near term, we are going nowhere fast.
    The guy just turned 20 and you're holding it against him that he's not mcdavid? Well no ****, he's not. He's a Jonathan tavares type. Franchise guy who can be built around for a decade and a half. Boo ****ing Hoo. I'll take the franchise guy. Any day

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The guy just turned 20 and you're holding it against him that he's not mcdavid? Well no ****, he's not. He's a Jonathan tavares type. Franchise guy who can be built around for a decade and a half. Boo ****ing Hoo. I'll take the franchise guy. Any day
    We missed out on a world caliber hockey player and are sitting in the Atlantic basement with prospects looking grim, boo Hoo indeed. You even buying the whole franchise player forever story is even sadder, he's a good young player who needs to stay healthy. McDavid won a scoring title year 2 of his career, Jack missed his consulation bonus prize. He had the ice time and shifts to get it, don't you worry about that.

Connor McDavid went from a first season of -1 plus minus to +27. Jack Eichel went from a plus minus of -16 year one to -13 this past season, so we're talking a difference of 40 plus goals more score when Connor was on the ice this season. That's a vast difference, please try to grasp this without the Rose colored glasses. Just for another fact, Edmonton had the most wins in the Pacific and the Sabres had the least wins in the Atlantic. Considering both teams were just basement dwellers & coming off lottery seasons, tell me what the biggest difference has been ?? The play of their best player and we got basically nothing.
    Last edited by Skooby; 04-12-2017 at 01:25 AM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

This team HAS to be all about Jack next year.

of they don't give him the C... its over before it starts.

21. Post thanked by:

Skooby (04-12-2017)