Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Buffalo news and media in general

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Buffalo news and media in general

Well
    it is clear after reading Vic's new article that the buffalo media wanted Whaley gone and a football czar. Anything short means we will suck and the dysfunction at one bills drive will continue.

I disagree. This franchise will fail because we will not have a qb and they will trade valuable picks for a guy who is not good enough and buries us even further. This is not due to dysfunction thr franchise qb they want will not be found in round 1 this year. Some guy in the later rounds will be better and be a total luck pick. Which will not be us as Whaley and the bills refuse to draft qbs.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,558 Times in 17,442 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Buffalo news and media in general

The media aren't much different than message boards...*****ing results in conversation. People are more likely to buy papers and click links to read pissing and moaning then they are 'rah-rah' homer stuff.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

3. Post thanked by:

DraftBoy (01-15-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,319 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DesertFox24 View Post
    Well
    it is clear after reading Vic's new article that the buffalo media wanted Whaley gone and a football czar. Anything short means we will suck and the dysfunction at one bills drive will continue.

I disagree. This franchise will fail because we will not have a qb and they will trade valuable picks for a guy who is not good enough and buries us even further. This is not due to dysfunction thr franchise qb they want will not be found in round 1 this year. Some guy in the later rounds will be better and be a total luck pick. Which will not be us as Whaley and the bills refuse to draft qbs.

Wow. Talk about missing the point!

This team doesn't have a franchise QB BECAUSE of dysfunction, not the other way around.

Whaley's mishandling of the QB situation has sent ripples through this organization that continues to set it back for years. And it will be many more years before this organization recovers from his malpractice.

Anyone with eyes and a brain can see how stupid it was to retain the idiot who made the mess and put him in charge of fixing it. He's incapable.

Pegula had the right idea, once. But Whaley was the reason Marrone bailed, causing Polian to bail. And the disgusting irony is that the ******* who created THAT mess AND the QB mess survives like a cockroach after a nuclear war.

This is the kind of thing that makes sportswriters' jobs easy. It writes itself.

5. Post thanked by:

Arm of Harm (01-15-2017),Buckets (01-18-2017),Historian (01-18-2017),Mace (01-15-2017),OpIv37 (01-16-2017),Slick (01-17-2017),Strongman (01-15-2017),Zero (01-16-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by WagonCircler View Post

This team doesn't have a franchise QB BECAUSE of dysfunction, not the other way around.

Whaley's mishandling of the QB situation has sent ripples through this organization that continues to set it back for years. And it will be many more years before this organization recovers from his malpractice.

Anyone with eyes and a brain can see how stupid it was to retain the idiot who made the mess and put him in charge of fixing it. He's incapable.

Pegula had the right idea, once. But Whaley was the reason Marrone bailed, causing Polian to bail. And the disgusting irony is that the ******* who created THAT mess AND the QB mess survives like a cockroach after a nuclear war.

This is the kind of thing that makes sportswriters' jobs easy. It writes itself.
    I've been taking heat here for criticizing the Pegulas. I hear the whiny homers tell me "well he's only owned the team for two years." Whaley has only been here a short time. I'm not defending him, because I hate more than you do, but the same argument could be used with him and getting a franchise QB - but it's not. People will always hate Whaley and give blind love to the Pegulas. They are both lost. And the owner can feel dissed by people calling his teams dysfunctional - but they are. And it's his fault.
    Last edited by swiper; 01-15-2017 at 01:27 PM.

7. Post thanked by:

Strongman (01-15-2017)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    I've been taking heat here for criticizing the Pegulas. I hear the whiny homers tell me "well he's only owned the team for two years." Whaley has only been here a short time. I'm not defending him, because I hate more than you do, but the same argument could be used with him and getting a franchise QB - but it's not. People will always hate Whaley and give blind love to the Pegulas. They are both lost. And the owner can feel dissed by people calling his teams dysfunctional - but they are. And it's his fault.
    Oh, I agree that the Pegulas are just as lost as Whaley, and they show it by continuing to take his advice when anyone with a pair of eyes can see that he's completely incompetent. When a thing is this ****ty, there's plenty of blame to go around, but Doug and Russ are at the center of it. And Terry is just a naive newbie. Why the hell Whaley is getting more rope than Darcy did is baffling, and that's on Pegula.

9. Post thanked by:

Buckets (01-18-2017),Historian (01-18-2017),Mace (01-15-2017),OpIv37 (01-16-2017),Slick (01-17-2017)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

then criticize his incompetence for avoiding drafting qbs. Personnelly I think it because he is a giant P and does not want to be fired for missing. That is not the type of gm I want.

That At said that does not make the bills dysfunctional it makes them incompetent to adapt to a league where passing and scoring are what is needed and a league that makes it impossible to stop a good passing game.

I hope mcdermott or the pegulas grab Whaley by the P and force him to draft qbs early middle and late every year until they find one.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Many successful organizations run same way as bills are they dysfunctional. Hey maybe they are dysfunctional maybe they are not but that is pure speculation is my point.

Media Ian should be hammering them on the facts of what they have done and their actions. Being a run heavy def oriented team is not going to win in the NFL with the current rules are written.

Bash them for that not your uninformed perception.

That At is my point.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Drafting a 'franchise' QB is a lot rarer than some would like to believe. Let's be honest...how many teams (any?) have actually drafted more than two in their entire history?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Also, if GM's were judged solely or even mostly on drafting a franchise QB teams would be firing/hiring them at a rate much higher than Cleveland and Buffalo change coaches.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    Drafting a 'franchise' QB is a lot rarer than some would like to believe. Let's be honest...how many teams (any?) have actually drafted more than two in their entire history?
    Drafting a franchise QB is one thing. Stupidly throwing good money and picks after bad when it was clear as day that EJ Manuel's problems were not fixable is an entirely different matter.

Stubbornness and stupidity are a horrible combination, and Whaley is both, plus arrogance, personified.

Whaley refused to even try a backup plan to EJ. It wasn't until Marrone threatened to decapitate him that he went out and got Orton.

15. Post thanked by:

Buckets (01-18-2017)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I think everyone understands that. And we all see that teams with good QBs win. There's about ten real good QBs out there. A couple manageable guys. But even a Tannehill, Andy Dalton-type guy would be an upgrade to the Bills.

While all bets are off with where Whaley may go, I would think he'll get a guy that is a bit taller than Taylor.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    I think everyone understands that. And we all see that teams with good QBs win. There's about ten real good QBs out there. A couple manageable guys. But even a Tannehill, Andy Dalton-type guy would be an upgrade to the Bills.

While all bets are off with where Whaley may go, I would think he'll get a guy that is a bit taller than Taylor.

I think that all this talk of McDermott wanting more control was specifically about the QB. After listening to him and reading about him, he seems like a pretty sharp guy. Sharp enough to make it a condition of taking the job that Doug Whaley does not get to pick the QB.

18. Post thanked by:

swiper (01-15-2017)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Drafting a franchise QB is one thing. Stupidly throwing good money and picks after bad when it was clear as day that EJ Manuel's problems were not fixable is an entirely different matter.

Stubbornness and stupidity are a horrible combination, and Whaley is both, plus arrogance, personified.

Whaley refused to even try a backup plan to EJ. It wasn't until Marrone threatened to decapitate him that he went out and got Orton.
    Most GM's make stupid moves, none are immune. Of course, they are only 'stupid' if you don't win...if you win, they are 'brilliant'.

If we want to be factually correct, EJ wasn't 'the plan' to begin with, that's why he brought in Kolb, and subsequently several other vets. Whaley deserves criticism, don't get me wrong and I'm not trying to hold him unaccountable by any means, but he's probably made more moves to try and address the QB situation than most Buffalo GM's, and there are some made by others that were far more egregious and costly.

20. Post thanked by:

Buffalogic (01-18-2017),chernobylwraiths (01-15-2017),djjimkelly (01-15-2017)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I think that all this talk of McDermott wanting more control was specifically about the QB. After listening to him and reading about him, he seems like a pretty sharp guy. Sharp enough to make it a condition of taking the job that Doug Whaley does not get to pick the QB.
    Hope you're right man. That's a football man that can make a that decision. He wants to succeed, not tread water.

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,494 Times in 9,189 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I don't think it even makes sense for blaming the media for reporting bad news, any more than I do giving them credit for reporting good news.

The reality is that news is news and good or not is in the eye of the beholder as it should be, that's why people have brains, to use them in interpreting things.

I've noticed that people don't want to think for themselves or look things up, though it's an age where it's easier than ever to research anything in depth from a wide variety of sources. They want prepackaged opinions they are happy with, and criticize the reporting of things that make them unhappy. Life and society just aren't engineered for oblivious happy, or people become the see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil monkeys, lazy and apathetic, wanting someone to just agree with their opinions because it's more comfortable.

In the case of the Bills, the problems are pretty well defined by now after years of them. The organization fuels its' own dysfunction and the cycle of no QB by well, having no QB because of dysfunction.

I don't see any reason to be upset with the media stating the obvious.

23. Post thanked by:

Arm of Harm (01-16-2017),Historian (01-18-2017)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Whaley deserves criticism, don't get me wrong and I'm not trying to hold him unaccountable by any means, but he's probably made more moves to try and address the QB situation than most Buffalo GM's, and there are some made by others that were far more egregious and costly.
    Yeah but he's made more moves because his moves fail. It's like giving a bad plumber credit for trying to fix the problems he made being unable to fix the main problem.

25. Post thanked by:

WagonCircler (01-15-2017)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I'm not trying to hold him unaccountable by any means
    Yeah, you kinda are.

He made horrible, failed moves. The kind that should get you fired.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Yeah, you kinda are.

He made horrible, failed moves. The kind that should get you fired.
    Should Polian have been fired for shipping out a starting running back, two first round picks, and a second round pick for a LBer? For drafting guys like James Williams and John Fina?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Should Polian have been fired for shipping out a starting running back, two first round picks, and a second round pick for a LBer? For drafting guys like James Williams and John Fina?
    You have to admit 2 reliable starters out of 20 picks (P. Brown, Miller), can't include Watkins because he's hurt a lot, is not anywhere close to Polian level.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I am not blaming the news. My point is this dysfunction talk becUse Whaley here and no czar is ridiculous. Give them a hard time for their philosophy and lack of trying to find a qb but to say we are dysfunctional because terry did not do what you wanted is stupid in my opinion.