X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

Sal Capaccio Thinks The Bills Will Roll With Cardale Jones In '17

Anybody else hear what he had to say about the Bills QB situation this morning on WGR?

Sal said he thinks the Bills are likely to start Cardale Jones next year.

Doug Whaley did not draft EJ Manuel, Buddy Nix did.

The first QB Doug Whaley drafted as GM of the Buffalo Bills was Cardale Jones, right after Dak Prescott went off the board.

The Bills have 4 choices: Resign Taylor, let it roll with Jones, spend big $ on a free agent like Romo, or make a trade for a 35 year old Philip Rivers.

Signing Romo or Rivers is out of the question because Whaley made it known that the Bills are more interested in having a QB that can win for the next 10-15 years.

Restructuring Tyrod Taylor's contract is enticing, but at the same time it's not exactly the kind of move I would make to make the Bills a perennial playoff contender for the next decade plus.

I would rather roll with Cardale Jones in 2017 instead of continually feeding the stop gap frenzy that hasn't worked for 17 years.

If Jones fails, call it a tank job and the Bills draft in the top 5 in 2018.

I don't think that will be necessary. The Bills already have their future franchise QB.
  • bdutton
    • Jul 2013

Re: Sal Capaccio Thinks The Bills Will Roll With Cardale Jones In '17

Comment

• Mace
      Haha...yeah you think so ?
      • Mar 2013

Well, he also "broke" the news the Bills were after Daboll as OC.

Comment

• Mouldsie
        • Aug 2012

If so, the tank is on!

Josh Rosen (3) Quarterback - 2017 Starter in all 11 games in which he saw action ... Named second-team All-Pac-12 by the coaches ... Helped to engineer the l...

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

Comment

• Mouldsie
          • Aug 2012

Seriously, if you start Cardale you might as well trade someone like Richie Incognito while he has value.... prob let Gilmore and Lorenzo Alexander walk. Let Dareus go to rehab again. Keep Sammy Watkins on a snap count, trade McCoy, etc b/c you're not serious about winning games. And that might not be a bad thing if you cant get a real player like Rivers at QB.

Comment

• jamze132
            Don’t hate…
            • Jun 2003

makes me think twice about renewing DIRECTV Sunday Ticket.

Comment

• jamze132
              Don’t hate…
              • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Mouldsie View Post
              Seriously, if you start Cardale you might as well trade someone like Richie Incognito while he has value.... prob let Gilmore and Lorenzo Alexander walk. Let Dareus go to rehab again. Keep Sammy Watkins on a snap count, trade McCoy, etc b/c you're not serious about winning games. And that might not be a bad thing if you cant get a real player like Rivers at QB.
              If they did a complete rebuild, the winds of relocation would pick up.

Comment

• The Beef
                • Sep 2011

I've said it before, I think thisbis the best move. Trading for Romo may make this a playoff team, but there's so many holes you're praying Romo stays healthy and sacrificing picks to do it.

Tyrod, Foles, Glennon, Hoyer, Cutler etc. you're looking at 8-8.

Cardale is probably not the answer and you're looking at probably 3 - 5 wins. Unless you reallyblike a QB (I would prefer Mahomes in a trade down if they go that route) roll with Cardale.

You're likely sitting in the top 5 of the draft next year in a legit spot to land a Franchise QB.

You've gor about a 3% chance Cardale catches lightning in a bottle and this team miraculously wins 8-10 games. If that is the case, perhaps he's the right guy.

Shady does deserve better but it's mostly dead cap if you move him and I wouldn't move him for anything less than a 2nd. If it's a full on tank though, selling him for a couple of 4ths could happen. I don't think Pegs would sign off on that. Trading the best player since the Super Bowl uears isn't the message they are trying to sell to the fan base.

Comment

• k-oneputt
                  • Jun 2009

Cardale won't last the season. If he thinks he's going to run over people like he did in college he won't make it to Oct.

Comment

• Night Train
                    Retired - On Several Levels
                    • Jul 2005

It's just " Coach Sal " talking.

It's January. Blind Lemming month.
                    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                      Unreachable Douche
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jamze132 View Post
                      makes me think twice about renewing DIRECTV Sunday Ticket.
                      Just get a firestick that's jail broke. Don't need cable, directv, Sunday ticket, just the internet.

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

IMO they bring back Taylor, swing a trade/renegotiated contract for Cutler, or bring in a street free agent like Landry Jones or Brian Hoyer. Regardless I believe they draft another one to replace EJ.
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• DynaPaul
                          • Sep 2003

He must have been high when he said that. We're going to keep Tyrod and, YES, Whaley DID draft EJ Manuel!

Comment

• sukie
                            Seriously?
                            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by k-oneputt View Post
                            Cardale won't last the season. If he thinks he's going to run over people like he did in college he won't make it to Oct.
                            How do you know he thinks that?

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
                              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by sukie View Post
                              How do you know he thinks that?
                              Because he doesn't seem like the sharpest tool in the shed.
                              I came.
                              I saw.
                              I conquered.

Comment

Working...
                              X