X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • daryls61
    • Jan 2013

Player Evaluations | Cyrus Kouandjio - Cover1.net

What will the Bills do with CK next season???
    If you had told me that tackle Cyrus Kouandjio would start at left tackle for 5 games and play considerable snaps in other games going into the 2016 season, I would have been extremely worried. I’ll admit it. I was not happy when GM Doug Whaley drafted him in the second round of the 2014 draft, mainly because I didn’t believe that he had the feet to be a starting tackle in the NFL.The improvement in his game over the last few years has been tremendous. More specifically, the jump from year two to three under offensive line coach Aaron Kromer has been particularly eye-catching. Most analysts and fans believe that his improvement is due to the shift from right tackle to left tackle. Some will say his struggles at right tackle had something to do with his surgically repaired left knee (post leg) and how it may hinder his ability to kick slide. However, I’m not so sure that any of those theories are correct, and they may be failing to give credit where credit is due. To me, there’s a simple conclusion that I’ve come to after breaking down several of Cyrus’s games: Cyrus is simply developing as a player.
    The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us. Just my 2 Cents.

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

"'Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum." - Winston Scott in John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum

#Cup or Bust 2024 #Bowl or Bust 2024 - It is the way.
  • k-oneputt
    • Jun 2009

Re: Player Evaluations | Cyrus Kouandjio - Cover1.net

I thought he played well this past season.
    He's improving. We need to be patient with him. Wasn't he only 20yrs old when we drafted him ?
    I'm encouraged by both him and Miller.
    Rt is a different story. I still say keep Kouandijio at Lt and move Glenn to rt.

Comment

• coastal
      Legendary Zoner
      • Mar 2005

Cue "kick Glenn into guard" in...

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
        • Jun 2024

I think CK would be a great Short Order Cook at The Anchor Bar.

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

I think the oline has better talent than some give them credit for...KuJo held his own for the most part when he was put into action, and nobody missed Wood when he was replaced by Groy.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Swiper
            • Sep 2010

Miller was terrible this past year.

Groy, however, handled center like an old pro.
            Last edited by swiper; 01-25-2017, 05:20 PM.

Comment

• Goobylal
              • Jan 2004

Play Kujo at RT. Keep Glenn at LT. Groy competes with Wood at C. That has the makings of a really good OL.
              Last edited by Goobylal; 01-25-2017, 09:35 PM.

Comment

• Swiper
                • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
                Play Kujo at RT. Keep Glenn at LT. Groy competes with Wood at C. That has the makings of a really good OL.
                The point of the op was that Kuoandijo looked bad playing RT, but good playing LT. If he's truly still developing, I'm certainly not opposed them trying that again however.

Comment

• Goobylal
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                  The point of the op was that Kuoandijo looked bad playing RT, but good playing LT. If he's truly still developing, I'm certainly not opposed them trying that again however.
                  Actually the article linked by the op goes with what I've been saying all along, i.e. that how Kujo looked at LT this past season has less to do with his knee (which has been the prevailing theory) and more with that he's just improved as an OT. He was young when he entered the league and is still pretty young, and getting stronger and more acclimated to the pro game.

I wish they'd tried him at RT in the season finale to see if he had improved there. Because you don't know if he can't handle the right side (because of his knee), meaning you either go into next season hoping he can, which isn't ideal, or have to commit resources to get a new RT. I've written Henderson off because I don't think he can/wants to stay off the pot.
                  Last edited by Goobylal; 01-26-2017, 09:40 AM.

Comment

• The Beef
                    • Sep 2011

Sal has said that Kuno's knee issue doesn't allow him tonolant and anchor the same way on the right side.

The thing is they should be playing the 5 best OL.

Larry Allen was a fuxking beast. Best LT in the league but when the Cowboys had I believe it was Erick Wilkiams they slide Allen to LG and he a superf ****ing beast. Kujo amd Glenn on left aide, slide Richie to RG.

Comment

• Goobylal
                      • Jan 2004

He broke his hip. Never mind.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by The Beef View Post
                      Sal has said that Kuno's knee issue doesn't allow him tonolant and anchor the same way on the right side.

The thing is they should be playing the 5 best OL.

Larry Allen was a fuxking beast. Best LT in the league but when the Cowboys had I believe it was Erick Wilkiams they slide Allen to LG and he a superf ****ing beast. Kujo amd Glenn on left aide, slide Richie to RG.
                      Again, it's a theory about not being able to play RT. Unless they play him there again, you won't know. And playing him at LT just increases the cost to re-sign him.

Comment

• Mace
                        Haha...yeah you think so ?
                        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
                        He broke his hip. Never mind.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, it's a theory about not being able to play RT. Unless they play him there again, you won't know. And playing him at LT just increases the cost to re-sign him.
                        Surgery will keep him from minicamp and ota's though he'll be ready for training camp. He's best as depth.

Comment

• Goobylal
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                          Surgery will keep him from minicamp and ota's though he'll be ready for training camp. He's best as depth.
                          Maybe. He could also be coming into his own as a LT. As for RT, the problem is the draft and FA are before they go to minicamps and OTA's anyway, so you're either rolling the dice with thinking he can play RT, or drafting/signing one anyway to play RT, so the injury doesn't affect much in that regard.

I would look to trade Kujo once he's healthy to at least get something for him before he leaves. Because he'll want LT money in FA.
                          Last edited by Goobylal; 01-26-2017, 06:12 PM.

Comment

• Swiper
                            • Sep 2010

How can he ask for LT money when he's yet to prove himself at that position?

Comment

• Goobylal
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                              How can he ask for LT money when he's yet to prove himself at that position.
                              Because he played well at LT this past season, that's what he he played in college, and that's where he sees himself. I think when the Bills come calling to extend him, he'll be asking for more than they want to pay because he views himself as a LT. He probably won't get what he's looking for on the market, but if he makes it to FA, he's gone.

Comment

Working...
                              X