Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NFL.com AFC East rookie Grades...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: NFL.com AFC East rookie Grades...

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Well yeah, if you note that Peters had 45 votes to 4 for Darby and 1 for Leonard Williams. Not too sure that's real impressive. Notable as well that Peters and Williams got better in 2016 while Darby sure didn't.

Woo ? No.
    It was a fact he finished second. You can try and throw alternative facts all you want but you cannot deny the facts.

Miller is not an all pro nor will he ever be but he played much better in 2016 and showed he is a solid starter. I would comfortably put him in top 30 guards so he is better than half of the guards out there. Top 30 has also age factor in that he is younger and is stroll trending up potentially while other older guards are starting to wear down see jaguar Evans

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

All that said whaleys refusal to draft a qb lends me to believe he is afraid and does not want to stake his job to a qb so he can claw on as long as he can. If he drafts a top 12 qb then we will all approve of him if he fails AGAIN at this position he needs to be fired

Thanks
    Thanked 30,558 Times in 17,442 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Well yeah, if you note that Peters had 45 votes to 4 for Darby and 1 for Leonard Williams. Not too sure that's real impressive.
    Sure, Peters won the votes going away, but Darby was the only other defensive rookie to get more than one...or any at all. Every other defensive rookie in the league can't say the same (except for Peters, obviously).

Notable as well that Peters and Williams got better in 2016 while Darby sure didn't.
    Woo ? No.
    I blame Wrecks, but we all know that anyway.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,494 Times in 9,189 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DesertFox24 View Post
    It was a fact he finished second. You can try and throw alternative facts all you want but you cannot deny the facts.

Miller is not an all pro nor will he ever be but he played much better in 2016 and showed he is a solid starter. I would comfortably put him in top 30 guards so he is better than half of the guards out there. Top 30 has also age factor in that he is younger and is stroll trending up potentially while other older guards are starting to wear down see jaguar Evans
    Heh, alternative facts. Well try alternative misleading statements. There's no helping you if you think Darby matches up with Peters, Williams, Amari Cooper, Jameis Winston, Todd Gurley or Tyler Lockett from that rookie class with his 4 votes out of 50 in half the category. Kolby Listenbee who played no games is technically a rookie of the year candidate because he was a rookie that year. Don't give me that propaganda garbage, look at the obvious facts.

Darby wasn't even a finalist in the rookie of the year was he ? No.

The finalists no matter how you try to spin it, did not include Darby so just admit you're wrong. They included Winston, Gurley, Lockett, Cooper and Peters. No matter how hard I look at it, I don't see the name Darby there.

That doesn't "make him second" for rookie of the year. It changes your whole assertion. Man up.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    Sure, Peters won the votes going away, but Darby was the only other defensive rookie to get more than one...or any at all. Every other defensive rookie in the league can't say the same (except for Peters, obviously).

I blame Wrecks, but we all know that anyway.
    Darby wasn't even a finalist for rookie of the year which was asserted. And no he wasn't the only other defensive rookie to get any at all, Leonard Williams got one which oddly, is pointed out in the post you quoted.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,558 Times in 17,442 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Darby wasn't even a finalist for rookie of the year which was asserted. And no he wasn't the only other defensive rookie to get any at all, Leonard Williams got one which oddly, is pointed out in the post you quoted.
    Yeah, I'm aware of that, I was thinking I should have clarified better as I was hitting 'post'.

Darby certainly isn't 'all that', and wasn't for his entire rookie year. He tailed off after hitting the first-year wall and hasn't recovered yet. I'm hoping a majority of that is the system. I don't put a lot of stock where defensive players are ranked for the NFL's 'overall' ROTY...it's usually dominated by offensive candidates anyway. #2 for DROTY behind only Peters, regardless of the votes, still isn't a bad thing IMO.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,889 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    Yeah, I'm aware of that, I was thinking I should have clarified better as I was hitting 'post'.

Darby certainly isn't 'all that', and wasn't for his entire rookie year. He tailed off after hitting the first-year wall and hasn't recovered yet. I'm hoping a majority of that is the system. I don't put a lot of stock where defensive players are ranked for the NFL's 'overall' ROTY...it's usually dominated by offensive candidates anyway. #2 for DROTY behind only Peters, regardless of the votes, still isn't a bad thing IMO.
    I thought Darby was hosed for Defensive ROY, but, after last year it was clear Peters is a much better player.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Heh, alternative facts. Well try alternative misleading statements. There's no helping you if you think Darby matches up with Peters, Williams, Amari Cooper, Jameis Winston, Todd Gurley or Tyler Lockett from that rookie class with his 4 votes out of 50 in half the category. Kolby Listenbee who played no games is technically a rookie of the year candidate because he was a rookie that year. Don't give me that propaganda garbage, look at the obvious facts.

Darby wasn't even a finalist in the rookie of the year was he ? No.

The finalists no matter how you try to spin it, did not include Darby so just admit you're wrong. They included Winston, Gurley, Lockett, Cooper and Peters. No matter how hard I look at it, I don't see the name Darby there.

That doesn't "make him second" for rookie of the year. It changes your whole assertion. Man up.
    Never said Darby was better than peters but he finished second in droy that is a fact. You can throw whatever else you want at it but it is a fact. Trump unfortunately is our president. Even though the dem party put up a terrible candidate that was supposed to win in 2008 and did not win her own party. So this time they put up a bunch of nobodies whom one almost and should have won and that guy would have beat trump. That a hole is still the president of the us and will always be throughout history be our 45th president.

Darby finished second for droy and he was drafted by Whaley. Darby had a bad soph year. These are facts.

Disclaimer i did not even know they had an overall rookie of the year I though it was just def and off. Hence my mistake in saying he finished second in rookie of the year voting. I was specifically talking about droy so my apologies to the board for my mistake.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

They've done 4 divisions now, the other team SB team Atlanta, got 62 starts, including 12 from UDFA, including 11 from a UDFA CB. Last years SB loser Carolina even got 25 starts and UDFA's that played in 22 games.

Powerful Cowboys got 56 starts from their rookies, and 27 games including 9 starts from UDFA's.

Whaley is terrible at drafting.
    Last edited by Mace; 02-13-2017 at 08:26 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
    Whaley is good looking man and until the 9 iron releases him from the clutches of her Asian clam, he ain't going any where despite how incompetent he is as a NFL GM.
    This post is a racist, sexist pile of garbage.

11. Post thanked by:

Albany,n.y. (02-14-2017)

May Day and Spring 2024! Frenchman's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Need too beef up the defense indeed!
    ​Ready for NFL Draft!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

They've done 4 divisions now, the other team SB team Atlanta, got 62 starts, including 12 from UDFA, including 11 from a UDFA CB. Last years SB loser Carolina even got 25 starts and UDFA's that played in 22 games.

Powerful Cowboys got 56 starts from their rookies, and 27 games including 9 starts from UDFA's.

Whaley is terrible at drafting.
    Whaley has not been drafting for rookies to start. If you look at his drafts he has taken players at positions of strength in later rounds instead of filling holes so those guys are not going to play.

Now Seymore for better or worse may be the starter next year, Ragland, Shaq, if Kyle leaves Washington will have to play.

Looking at his draft success based on rookie starts is rather idiotic if you ask me because I could in theory turn it around and say if the team was better over all not that many rookies would be playing.

That said of his 3 drafts we can hang our hat on Sammy (when healthy not saying I would have done the trade but he is good), Darby, Preston Brown, John Miller are the only consistent starters.

Karlos Williams had a great rookie season but ate himself out of the league. John williams is an intriguing pick was looked at as a second third round guy until he got hurt.

Has Whaley done well or bad I would say he is average. Where Whaley has failed is at drafting QBs and is lack of conviction to draft them until he gets one, that is my main issue with him.

That said I am not going to change your opinion because just like anything you or I can skew stats to be in our favor.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,220 Times in 3,689 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Bills - D

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...an-drake-excel

Interesting thing to me, if you go through it, Bills got 15 starts from their rookies (including UDFA), Miami 25, Jets 34, Pats 41.

Coming off a 12-4 season, without a pick until round 2 (#60 overall), the Pats got 41 starts out of rookies and finished 14-2 with a championship.

We went from 8-8 to 7-9 with 15.

I still say Whaley is terrible (besides pro personnel), doesn't give me good feelings about the upcoming draft.
    Unless we go all in and draft the next Brady or Luck, then he's brilliant.