Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Tyrod refusing to restructure

Thanks
    Thanked 1,047 Times in 661 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Tyrod refusing to restructure

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I don't know how reliable @BF_Insiders is, but they're reporting that Tyrod's agent has been meeting with the Bills for a few days. No confirmation of what it's in regards to, but it seems likely that it would be to work out a restructured deal. I'm starting to believe that it seems more likely than not that Tyrod is going to be back. If the Bills were determined to move on from Tyrod I think it would have happened by now, or they at least wouldn't be wasting time trying to pursue a restructure. My guess is that Whaley is more inclined to move on from Tyrod, but the coaching staff wants him back.
    Hope this is true. TT hasnt shown anything to prove he's a franchise QB but I think he's good enough to make our offense above average and not make it a liability. Sure he's a stopgap until we can find the next guy, but the only thing certain right now is that there is no next guy right now. He's better than any alternative out there, and if this defense gets fixed up, we're competing for the playoffs.
    I know a lot of people are saying SB or bust, but I just want to make the playoffs first. Keep Tyrod and we've got a chance. Get rid of him and plug in Cardale, a rookie, or some other FA QB and I can almost guarantee our streak continues to 18 years (likely more).

Thanks
    Thanked 12,392 Times in 7,275 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Historian View Post
    A couple things:

The way I see it, Buffalo has been a QB killer for a couple reasons. Even the guys who leave here don't elevate to playoff caliber football.

1. They rush them into the starter spot too quickly.
    2. They do not coach their mechanics.
    3. They do not focus on their offensive line, and in some cases, let pro bowl type linemen walk.
    4. Players have to adjust their style and mechanics to throw against the winds in this stadium. (We don't get the snow we used to get, but the winds here have increased a lot in the last 20 or 30 years)

Once a QB has spent a couple years here, he becomes useless. I don't care what team he plays for.

I think they've just brought in a lot of ****ty QB

3. Post thanked by:

djjimkelly (02-23-2017),Dr. Lecter (02-23-2017),Joe Fo Sho (02-23-2017),TacklingDummy (02-22-2017)

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,900 Times in 4,358 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
    I think they've just brought in a lot of ****ty QB
    Bingo.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,689 Times in 8,476 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The only QB since Kelly worth a damn was Bledsoe, and he was already well established and the end of his career.

They just can't find a guy - a combination of bad luck and incompetence.
    Last edited by Dr. Lecter; 02-23-2017 at 09:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

6. Post thanked by:

Bill Cody (02-23-2017),swiper (02-24-2017)

SpikedLemonade

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
    he only QB since Kelly worth a damn was Bledsoe, and he was already well established and the end of his career.

They just can't find a guy - a combination of bad luck and incompetence.
    I despise you for typing that.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Well, I forget a 'T' in the, but it is still sadly true.

All of the other QBs are glorified back ups (Holcomb, Johnson, Edwards) or marginal starters (Flutie, Fitz and Taylor)

Bledsoe had a good season at least and made the offense fun with Henry, Moulds and Price........

9. Post thanked by:

YardRat (02-23-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,941 Times in 3,493 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Historian View Post
    A couple things:

The way I see it, Buffalo has been a QB killer for a couple reasons. Even the guys who leave here don't elevate to playoff caliber football.

1. They rush them into the starter spot too quickly.
    2. They do not coach their mechanics.
    3. They do not focus on their offensive line, and in some cases, let pro bowl type linemen walk.
    4. Players have to adjust their style and mechanics to throw against the winds in this stadium. (We don't get the snow we used to get, but the winds here have increased a lot in the last 20 or 30 years)

Once a QB has spent a couple years here, he becomes useless. I don't care what team he plays for.
    I agree with #3 when we had Bledsoe. That guy could fling it but by the time he was here half a year he was mentally and physically beaten down by a sieve offensive line. Not buying it so much on the other guys; if you look at them one by one I think the main problem with them was lack of talent/brains/leadership/all of the above. Could using them differently/coaching them better have helped? My feeling is sure but not enough to matter. Some guys have IT, most don't.

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    I don't see Minnesota or Chicago as long as Bradford and Cutler are there. Everywhere else though I agree with you on.

Houston could be 50/50 depending on Savage.
    ESPN pundit Bill Barnwell likes Taylor for CLE:

"3. Sign QB Tyrod Taylor. The one free-agent move the Browns should force is for their quarterback of the future. Taylor isn't your prototypical QB, but the former Ravens backup was wildly productive in a scheme built around his strengths in Buffalo, where he was both a running threat and a viable downfield passer. Jackson has shown the ability to craft offenses around quarterbacks with atypical skill sets, and he made the most out of Andy Dalton in Cincinnati.

Picking up Taylor doesn't preclude the Browns from drafting a quarterback in the first round over the next two or three years, but he's the best option they're likely to get without using a top-five pick on a passer, especially in 2017. He also won't cost the Browns any of the draft picks they would need to send to the Patriots to acquire Jimmy Garoppolo, which is a massive savings in itself."...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page...-nfl-offseason
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,853 Times in 3,502 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
    Well, I forget a 'T' in the, but it is still sadly true.

All of the other QBs are glorified back ups (Holcomb, Johnson, Edwards) or marginal starters (Flutie, Fitz and Taylor)

Bledsoe had a good season at least and made the offense fun with Henry, Moulds and Price........
    Taylor (your marginal starter" has been invited to back-to-back Pro Bowls (yeah I know it doesn't mean much but no other Bills QB outside Kelly can claim that), helped lead the #1 rushing attack in the NFL this year and was top 5 last year, and he does NOT turn the ball over. Our offense put up some serious points last year which were the most by a Bills team since 1998 with Flutie. Prior to that, Kelly was the only other QB to put up more than Tyrod did last year. Rex and his defense was clearly the weak link last year.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jamze132 View Post
    Taylor (your marginal starter" has been invited to back-to-back Pro Bowls (yeah I know it doesn't mean much but no other Bills QB outside Kelly can claim that), helped lead the #1 rushing attack in the NFL this year and was top 5 last year, and he does NOT turn the ball over. Our offense put up some serious points last year which were the most by a Bills team since 1998 with Flutie. Prior to that, Kelly was the only other QB to put up more than Tyrod did last year. Rex and his defense was clearly the weak link last year.
    And the passing game was around 30th. Isn't the rank of the passing game important when talking about QB play?

He has ONE career 300 yard passing game in career and he needed overtime to do that. He also does not throw interceptions because he is so cautious with the ball and does not make passes over the middle that most QBs make and attempt.

As I already posted, he would have started for one playoff team last year (Houston) and there are a number of non playoff teams he also would not start for (Indy, Baltimore, Cincinnati, San Diego/LA, Philadelphia, Washington, Arizona, Carolina, New Orleans and Tampa Bay). That's 21 teams he would not start for. So he is in the bottom third of the league, and that does not get into the teams that it's questionable whether or not he would start for.

So yeah - the quarterbacking on this team is not good enough. if a lot fell into place and things went right they could squeak into the playoffs with Taylor. That's about it.

Certainly the defense was an issue last year too. But the passing game simply isn't good enough and the QB isn't good enough

14. Post thanked by:

kishoph (03-06-2017),Thurmal (02-24-2017)

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jamze132 View Post
    Taylor (your marginal starter" has been invited to back-to-back Pro Bowls (yeah I know it doesn't mean much but no other Bills QB outside Kelly can claim that)
    It actually doesn't mean anything. Get back to me when he isn't the 6th alternate in the pro bowl, he hasn't earned a pro bowl spot yet. It's always just been handed to him because others drop out.

16. Post thanked by:

Novacane (02-25-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,555 Times in 1,027 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by stuckincincy View Post
    ESPN pundit Bill Barnwell likes Taylor for CLE:

"3. Sign QB Tyrod Taylor. The one free-agent move the Browns should force is for their quarterback of the future. Taylor isn't your prototypical QB, but the former Ravens backup was wildly productive in a scheme built around his strengths in Buffalo, where he was both a running threat and a viable downfield passer.
    Translation -- "I didn't watch a single Bills game last year."
    "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

18. Post thanked by:

Novacane (02-25-2017)

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Thurmal View Post
    Translation -- "I didn't watch a single Bills game last year."
    Heh - nailed it!

20. Post thanked by:

Thurmal (02-24-2017)

Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!! Luisito23's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,702 Times in 969 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Talking Re: Tyrod refusing to restructure

6th. alternate Pro-Bowler...
    "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
    ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
    ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
    ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

22. Post thanked by:

Novacane (02-25-2017),swiper (02-24-2017)

snoopy the dog
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HHURRICANE View Post
    You guys better pray that plan B is better than Tyrod. I think losing him is a big mistake. I hope you guys like Desean because I guarantee that's who we are taking in the first round.
    It would be great to replace Tyrod with DeShawn Watson a winner in his own right.
    Finally make the Bills competetive in the NFL.